Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, just_one said:

ok , so im gonna try to explain what im going to ask,

anyone with the diagon alley set please help me out. im going to buy the set but was thinking of building it in 4 32x32 plates and adding dark grey titles on the front to make space for all the HP Minifigs (series 1 & 2 and others ones) 

do you think it would look good?

I assume you mean build it as is & have 16x32 of display space in front. That’s a pretty cool idea. I think it’ll look really good.  It’s like the ultimate backdrop. 

4 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I assume you mean build it as is & have 16x32 of display space in front. That’s a pretty cool idea. I think it’ll look really good.  It’s like the ultimate backdrop. 

yes in a modular baseplate (in this case 4 of them)

Lego HP is on sale at Argos in the UK. The best deals are for 4 Privet Drive, the Astronomy Tower and the Room of Requirement. Up to 1/3 off for the 4PD and 25% off for the others.

6 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

Lego HP is on sale at Argos in the UK. The best deals are for 4 Privet Drive, the Astronomy Tower and the Room of Requirement. Up to 1/3 off for the 4PD and 25% off for the others.

Ah, of course, the day after I buy something from Argos with next day delivery, and the day I buy them for less discount somewhere else! :iamded_lol:

Thanks for the heads up, might get a cheeky second of RoR. 

I am building a new display cabinet for Lego and the plan is to have most of the HP sets among other things there.. Can anyone that have all the Hogwarts sets combined tell me how much space they take? Is it possible to make them more compact than the individual sets or is it basically just to add up the length of the individual sets and add them together?

48 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I am building a new display cabinet for Lego and the plan is to have most of the HP sets among other things there.. Can anyone that have all the Hogwarts sets combined tell me how much space they take? Is it possible to make them more compact than the individual sets or is it basically just to add up the length of the individual sets and add them together?

My castle is modified but it has a width of about 110cm and the entire display (which includes Hagrid's Hut and the Forbidden Forest etc) is 150cm. Depth is somewhere around ~42cm

12 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

Amazon U.K. & Smyths have some sizeable discounts too

17 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

Thanks for the heads up I’ll take advantage of this ?

I have that book. It’s quite fun in terms of behind the scenes. Also when I went to Universal Studios I took way too many photos to build Diagon Alley. Unfortunately life got in the way and I never did and now Lego went ahead and did a bang up job without me. Oh well. 

and look at that building next to Ollivanders in the picture...it has a nice pink color ?

Edited by TheLegoDr
Added comment about building color

30 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

And look at that building next to Ollivanders in the picture...it has a nice pink color 

the actual issue is the scale/detail level.  im exploring some option of using more and smaller windows.  more similar to scirbbulus.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

My castle is modified but it has a width of about 110cm and the entire display (which includes Hagrid's Hut and the Forbidden Forest etc) is 150cm. Depth is somewhere around ~42cm

Thanks :classic: Unsure if I can fit both the D2C and the system-scale Hogwarts on one shelf then :sceptic:

I have not got the DA yet, but what I can see on pictures is that the problem with QQS is that is too big and the DP too small. QQS could probably managed with only the first floor and fit everything in there if the built cloths had been skipped. A staircase could have been added and the DP could have been in the second floor and the loft removed. Then I assume the pink part would be smaller and not something people would have a problem with. However then the building would not fit back to back with WWW so I understand that a compromise would have to be made so the QQS was made bigger and WWW smaller to fit each other :shrug_oh_well:

The rest of the street consist of similar sized buildings except Gringotts, so this should be no problem in future sets since I assume that the bank will be a made to fit in the end of the street or something similar to last time with the open and closed option to fit the different layouts of DA..

Just a heads-up: a new fake leaker has decided to haunt IG, posting incredibly stupid lists for many themes, including a HP set (CoS). Right now, it’s just them, but beware of the regurgitators who will surely uncritically repost that nonsense once they catch wind of it :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just a heads-up: a new fake leaker has decided to haunt IG, posting incredibly stupid lists for many themes, including a HP set (CoS). Right now, it’s just them, but beware of the regurgitators who will surely uncritically repost that nonsense once they catch wind of it :laugh_hard:

Which one is that?

DA is finally out of stock in the US. Only took 25 days! :laugh:

15 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

and look at that building next to Ollivanders in the picture...it has a nice pink color ?

Noticed this too. That's definitely what inspired the color used for it in the set :classic:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know about other countries but Crimes of Grindelwald is now on Netflix here in the Netherlands

Haven't rewatched it since seeing it in theaters and being very disappointed. Maybe it's time to give it a second try?

12 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Haven't rewatched it since seeing it in theaters and being very disappointed. Maybe it's time to give it a second try?

Personally I think it gets better every time I see it (probably seen it 2-3 times by now) :wink:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know about other countries but Crimes of Grindelwald is now on Netflix here in the Netherlands

It has been in Norway for a while, but not any of the other WW films :shrug_oh_well:

57 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Which one is that?

The user is crikital.hit. All of their „rumours“ are hilariously fake :laugh_hard: To my surprise, none of the reposters have picked them up yet. Maybe they‘re too obvious, even for them :tongue:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Personally I think it gets better every time I see it (probably seen it 2-3 times by now) :wink:

I agree, it does get better with multiple viewings. It‘s still needlessly convoluted, but the story flows a bit better

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

Maybe it's time to give it a second try?

Definetely do so if you've got the time. I did like the movie when I saw it for the first time but not enough to want to rewatch it so today was only my second time watching it. It's definetely much better than I remember, still needlessly flawed but that doesn't make it less fun :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

DA is finally out of stock in the US. Only took 25 days! :laugh:

Noticed this too. That's definitely what inspired the color used for it in the set :classic:

DA is still in stock over here in the Netherlands (both online and in both physical stores).

I still need to rewatch it. I planned on rewatching it after rewatching HP prior to DA's release. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks :classic: Unsure if I can fit both the D2C and the system-scale Hogwarts on one shelf then :sceptic:

I have not got the DA yet, but what I can see on pictures is that the problem with QQS is that is too big and the DP too small. QQS could probably managed with only the first floor and fit everything in there if the built cloths had been skipped. A staircase could have been added and the DP could have been in the second floor and the loft removed. Then I assume the pink part would be smaller and not something people would have a problem with. However then the building would not fit back to back with WWW so I understand that a compromise would have to be made so the QQS was made bigger and WWW smaller to fit each other :shrug_oh_well:

The rest of the street consist of similar sized buildings except Gringotts, so this should be no problem in future sets since I assume that the bank will be a made to fit in the end of the street or something similar to last time with the open and closed option to fit the different layouts of DA..

Yeah, that’s the biggest problem with that building. Aside from Wheezes, which doesn’t share the baseplate with another building, are all smaller. So QQS seems more in your face because...well, it is. :tongue: That floor being longer than the rest really makes the pink stand out more than the color itself does. 

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My favorite part of that leak was the price. It could be anywhere from $50 to $120.

4 hours ago, Salix said:

DA is still in stock over here in the Netherlands (both online and in both physical stores).

I still need to rewatch it. I planned on rewatching it after rewatching HP prior to DA's release. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

I can't really say it sold well. Large sets usually sell out in day 1

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The user is crikital.hit. All of their „rumours“ are hilariously fake :laugh_hard: To my surprise, none of the reposters have picked them up yet. Maybe they‘re too obvious, even for them :tongue:

I agree, it does get better with multiple viewings. It‘s still needlessly convoluted, but the story flows a bit better

Really? My wife and I watched it 2-3 months ago and I thought it was tolerable at the cinema, but through repeat viewings were just unwatchable.

I kept seeing crikital.hit's posts and kept getting excited about things. I quickly realised he was a turd pasting false leaks. It's enough though that you see it and get that little jolt of excitement. But then kills it when you see his (or her) account attached to the "leak"