Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Hey everyone! Diagon alley has been staring at me, longing for me to begin...but i need to make some space. I have a few sets i think i am going to take apart, but i may want to take them apart and store in sections rather than totally take apart. 

Can I WASH big sets in SECTIONS...thinking like Disney castle. Any warnings? Tips?

Do I need to worry about stickers? What's the best way to wash? 

Do i need to eff off into a different thread? LOL 

Thanks!!

Edited by broadwaybocaj

51 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Hey everyone! Diagon alley has been staring at me, longing for me to begin...but i need to make some space. I have a few sets i think i am going to take apart, but i may want to take them apart and store in sections rather than totally take apart. 

Can I WASH big sets in SECTIONS...thinking like Disney castle. Any warnings? Tips?

Do I need to worry about stickers? What's the best way to wash? 

Do i need to eff off into a different thread? LOL 

Thanks!!

Washing Lego is definitely relevant to Harry Potter for me, I really need to wash some of my dusty 2010 Harry Potter sets! 

This site has some good advice :sweet: https://thatbricklife.com/how-to-clean-and-sanitize-lego/

Finally finished putting together Diagon Alley, and it really does look amazing!  If LEGO ever decided to make a set of the other side of the alley, or a Knockturn Alley expansion, I'd be all for it.  A Leaky Cauldron set would be nice as well.  At least Gringotts is practically guaranteed to show up next year.   

49 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Washing Lego is definitely relevant to Harry Potter for me, I really need to wash some of my dusty 2010 Harry Potter sets! 

This site has some good advice :sweet: https://thatbricklife.com/how-to-clean-and-sanitize-lego/

Thank you! Wondering though if like taking a tower off the castle and soaking that could work too....Sticker pieces aside

1 hour ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Hey everyone! Diagon alley has been staring at me, longing for me to begin...but i need to make some space.

You could display all 4 separately...

9 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

You could display all 4 separately...

There's been some great pictures on Instagram of the different segments in isolation and it's amazing how they all look so good just on their own! 

Each of the 4 bits really does have its own distinctive architecture and colour scheme that does mean they can be displayed separately imo 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There's been some great pictures on Instagram of the different segments in isolation and it's amazing how they all look so good just on their own! 

Each of the 4 bits really does have its own distinctive architecture and colour scheme that does mean they can be displayed separately imo 

And they look great together too!

Well shoot...I’m not sure which way I’m hoping this new book Harry goes, a new print or a rehash. I’m more inclined to buy the book these minifigs come in, and I generally enjoy them...once. Ideally I’d love a book accurate sweater with a snitch on it. But, at the same time, I wouldn’t be upset if it was an easy pass. 

To clean lego:

We bought some lego in bulk and it ended up smelling like smoke and dirty too. Put it in a pillow case, soak in a large bin or tub while inside the pillow case for a few days in water and vinegar. Drain the bin or tub and rinse. Get a few beach towels and spread them out where you don't need to walk a few days. Spread all the lego out to air dry. Worked like a charm.

Edited by illian420

[For anyone who doesn't want the stickers for Diagon Alley]

I posted a link to a European site where a male makes printed pieces of what would be stickers. If you would like to retain those decorations but dislike stickers, it's an amazing opportunity. He just made a listing for Diagon Alley with, "coming soon." 

Here's the link: https://www.steindrucker.com/gasse-75978-custom-package

And another for existing printed set pieces: https://www.steindrucker.com/lego-set-buendel

21 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Its not so much of HAVING space, as it is of having space in our NYC apartment that I am allotted by my "patience for lego wearing thin" girlfriend :iamded_lol:

If we get sets for the new console game, I think the mobile game would make for some great sets (plus we could get an official hijab piece)

39 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

If we get sets for the new console game, I think the mobile game would make for some great sets (plus we could get an official hijab piece)

I don't believe LEGO will ever even consider making a set based on that awfull microtransactions-filled monstrosity called Hogwarts Mystery. Might as well send all those kids to Vegas then if they want to expose them to all that stuff :tongue:

54 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

LEGO knows their audience. The sets will be all about the game + Merula Snyde will be in the next CMF with only one figure per box.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, Vindicare said:

Well shoot...I’m not sure which way I’m hoping this new book Harry goes, a new print or a rehash. I’m more inclined to buy the book these minifigs come in, and I generally enjoy them...once. Ideally I’d love a book accurate sweater with a snitch on it. But, at the same time, I wouldn’t be upset if it was an easy pass. 

My guess is that we’ll be getting an update to the Yule Ball Harry variant originally released in that 2011 book (wearing the white vest without the jacket/robes over it).  

According to Stonewars.de, Whomping Willow, Great Hall and The Knight Bus is not stopped being produced this year after all. They will live on until next year so they are still selling a lot apparently :sweet:
WW and GH is probably because of more people start collecting the Hogwarts sets, but I wonder if the KB sales are related to the new DA set :wink:

It is almost guaranteed that we will get Gringotts next year, but how big is the chance do you think that it will be in scale and style to fit in perfectly with DA? My guess in 80%, but if the 20% is right then the chance for future DA compatible sets will be drastically reduced :hmpf_bad:

For those who have Diagon Alley, is the mechanism for raising the hat on the Weasley's a really awkward, finicky mechanism that doesn't work very fluidly? I don't think I did anything wrong when building it, but just wanted to know if the mechanism doesn't work great for others too before I bother taking it apart to redo.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

For those who have Diagon Alley, is the mechanism for raising the hat on the Weasley's a really awkward, finicky mechanism that doesn't work very fluidly? I don't think I did anything wrong when building it, but just wanted to know if the mechanism doesn't work great for others too before I bother taking it apart to redo.

It works perfectly fine for me but it did take some time to get right

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It works perfectly fine for me but it did take some time to get right

How does it operate? Is it pull up or side to side? Mine currently goes awkwardly in all directions. Lol.

Just got my hands on the CMF :sweet: They are absolutely fabulous! What a fabulous series, I'm truly happy with them now that I see them in the flesh!
And once again, LEGO's customer service is top notch! Someone already mentioned this, but the LEGO Store in Paris sorted them out to avoid people touching the bags, and customers can ask for the ones they'd like, even getting them all at once should they want to :wub: 

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

How does it operate? Is it pull up or side to side? Mine currently goes awkwardly in all directions. Lol.

The switch moves in tandem with the arm. It should be resting at the same angle when not in use.

11 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

My guess is that we’ll be getting an update to the Yule Ball Harry variant originally released in that 2011 book (wearing the white vest without the jacket/robes over it).  

As long as the print is different enough...have enough of Harry in current Yule Ball attire. That one could be used for Davies, so poor Fleur isn’t dancing by herself. 

9 hours ago, chris6507 said:

6 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Mine works fine. When not in use, the top of the mechanism sits on the left side of the curve plate. Pull on the arm to the right & it lifts the hat off the head. 

5 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Just got my hands on the CMF :sweet: They are absolutely fabulous! What a fabulous series, I'm truly happy with them now that I see them in the flesh!
And once again, LEGO's customer service is top notch! Someone already mentioned this, but the LEGO Store in Paris sorted them out to avoid people touching the bags, and customers can ask for the ones they'd like, even getting them all at once should they want to :wub: 

Yes. Even the more “boring” as in casual clothes trio, the finer details, are fantastic. 

Has anyone seen the leaked scrooge lego set, I take it that's what the new classroom sets are going to be like. 

5 minutes ago, L4t2901 said:

Has anyone seen the leaked scrooge lego set, I take it that's what the new classroom sets are going to be like. 

That looks nothing like what the leaked info we've gotten from multiple sources described

On 9/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, Captain America said:

[For anyone who doesn't want the stickers for Diagon Alley]

I posted a link to a European site where a male makes printed pieces of what would be stickers. If you would like to retain those decorations but dislike stickers, it's an amazing opportunity. He just made a listing for Diagon Alley with, "coming soon." 

Here's the link: https://www.steindrucker.com/gasse-75978-custom-package

And another for existing printed set pieces: https://www.steindrucker.com/lego-set-buendel

Thanks for sharing that! I'm glad to see that they are actually going to make a package for Diagon Alley. Just a little side note regarding the "coming soon" note: It usually takes them a longer time to bring the big bundles into production. As an example, the Ninjago City package is marked as coming soon for about half a year now. So I'd expect the DA bundle not to be released before mid 2021. But I think we can all live with the stickers until then ?