Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Same. I didn’t bother messing with it though, your fix is a good idea. 

It really does work and then you just have to get yourself over the OCD issues of knowing it is there haha.  Have a glass of something strong to steady your nerves...and hand...and give it a go.  Best thing is there are tons of left-over orange strips on the sticker sheet so if you get it wrong, just peel off the little strip you applied and try again and again.  Took me 3 goes to get it perfect.  I am pretty obsessive with my lego stickers in them being perfect, my daughter even some what sarcastically shouts "I need you sticker master" when she is building her own sets because she knows I MUST do it myself for her otherwise I freak out.  1st world problem I know, I will seek help!

15 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

It really does work and then you just have to get yourself over the OCD issues of knowing it is there haha.  Have a glass of something strong to steady your nerves...and hand...and give it a go.  Best thing is there are tons of left-over orange strips on the sticker sheet so if you get it wrong, just peel off the little strip you applied and try again and again.  Took me 3 goes to get it perfect.  I am pretty obsessive with my lego stickers in them being perfect, my daughter even some what sarcastically shouts "I need you sticker master" when she is building her own sets because she knows I MUST do it myself for her otherwise I freak out.  1st world problem I know, I will seek help!

I’m only somewhat insane with my sticker putting. Of course I try to get them 100% straight, but if it’s a tiny but wonky, I don’t mind...much. 

Interestingly, I looked at Oky’s & Brickset’s reviews of the set & neither have the white stripe. Off to look at others on social media now... 

Just now, Vindicare said:

I’m only somewhat insane with my sticker putting. Of course I try to get them 100% straight, but if it’s a tiny but wonky, I don’t mind...much. 

Interestingly, I looked at Oky’s & Brickset’s reviews of the set & neither have the white stripe. Off to look at others on social media now... 

And you are in Cali I see and me Eastern Canada, so the issue is affecting sets all over the place, though I suppose they all originate in the same place for North America I think.

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

And you are in Cali I see and me Eastern Canada, so the issue is affecting sets all over the place, though I suppose they all originate in the same place for North America I think.

Mine came from Romeoville IL. I just happen to still have my box, the tape has 26R0 on it...in case you have yours. I checked a few on Instagram just now, no sticker problem. Don’t know locations though. 

31 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Mine came from Romeoville IL. I just happen to still have my box, the tape has 26R0 on it...in case you have yours. I checked a few on Instagram just now, no sticker problem. Don’t know locations though. 

Sorry, when you say 'tape' what do you mean? On the actual shipping box?

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:

Sorry, when you say 'tape' what do you mean? On the actual shipping box?

The small pieces of tape that you have to cut when you open the actual LEGO box. For some reason European boxes usually don't have tape but have these pressure points you have to press to open the box damaging the box itself in the process, oh well. Big boxes like for instance Diagon Alley's do have small pieces of tape like in North-America. Apparently on the North-American boxes with tape they print a certain code indicating when it was packaged I think, but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Salix said:

The small pieces of tape that you have to cut when you open the actual LEGO box. For some reason European boxes usually don't have tape but have these pressure points you have to press to open the box damaging the box itself in the process, oh well. Big boxes like for instance Diagon Alley's do have small pieces of tape like in North-America. Apparently on the North-American boxes with tape they print a certain code indicating when it was packaged I think, but I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

AH got it, literally the tape!  29R0 for mine

22 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

AH got it, literally the tape!  29R0 for mine

Hmm..interesting. So ours came from different batches. I looked around a bit more, didn’t see any stickers with the white, or the mention of it(in case they edited it out for the pictures). I guess we just got lucky. :wall:

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Hmm..interesting. So ours came from different batches. I looked around a bit more, didn’t see any stickers with the white, or the mention of it(in case they edited it out for the pictures). I guess we just got lucky. :wall:

I just checked mine, and my sticker doesn't have that defect. And for what it's worth, my tape says 33S0.

9 minutes ago, Salix said:

I just checked mine, and my sticker doesn't have that defect. And for what it's worth, my tape says 33S0.

Well, that’s one. Maybe it’s an NA thing then. Since it seems to not be a particular batch, as myself & Chris have different tale numbers. Weird. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Well, that’s one. Maybe it’s an NA thing then. Since it seems to not be a particular batch, as myself & Chris have different tale numbers. Weird. 

Maybe they will be worth millions in the future like the penny black upside down Victorian postage stamp in England all those years ago....or we just have a bad set haha. One or the other. 50/50. I have looked at it A LOT tonight and have made peace with my sticker overlay fix, but only after convincing myself that the sign on the store got damaged with  Weasley firework and instead of using magic they got a muggle carpenter in to fix the sign with a new bit of wood on top of the old. Justified. 

12 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Maybe they will be worth millions in the future like the penny black upside down Victorian postage stamp in England all those years ago....or we just have a bad set haha. One or the other. 50/50. I have looked at it A LOT tonight and have made peace with my sticker overlay fix, but only after convincing myself that the sign on the store got damaged with  Weasley firework and instead of using magic they got a muggle carpenter in to fix the sign with a new bit of wood on top of the old. Justified. 

Haha, there we go. Give it a backstory. Another way to look at it...we have a fairly unique set. If only the sticker sheet was unused...

I just had a look at mine, and even though I hadn't noticed it at the time. The Master sticker is the only sticker with a fault on my set too, but it's not quite the same I don't think. There is actually a white line underneath the bottom purple line. I could just cut the bottom of it off, but i'll just leave it. But funny it's the exact same sticker with an issue.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:42 PM, Roebuck said:

Looks quite good without stickers, though the hanging signs being bare looks bad. I would like to buy prints of those at the very least but it looks like it'll be a while before one of those is available.

EDIT:

You know, a comment on a review of an older set made me realize... we really do have so much for Harry Potter right now, and yet still no Fang!

Edited by doclord

I recently finished building the Ollivanders/Scribbulus module of Diagon Alley, and am quite impressed with the build.  It really outshines the 2011 Ollivanders build.  This set is going to look quite impressive once I finish it.  

Considering that LEGO seems to be introducing a winter wave for the theme, perhaps a winter 2022 wave could feature some sets for Hogwarts Legacy, while keeping the summer waves centered on the movies.  It'd be a missed opportunity if LEGO didn't do something for the game, plus I would like to see LEGO's take on the Graphorn or Mooncalf.

2 hours ago, doclord said:

You know, a comment on a review of an older set made me realize... we really do have so much for Harry Potter right now, and yet still no Fang!

Of course, I really hope LEGO makes a Fang, and I'm sure he'll appear at some point, though considering he was left out of the Deathly Hallows movies, I don't see him showing up next year unless they include another set based on an earlier movie.  I'd be very surprised if he never gets made by LEGO.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:36 PM, Guyon2002 said:

For my fellow Dutchies, Kruidvat is selling the Harry and Hedwig poly for 3 euro

Also in Belgium, that is how I got mine :classic:

On 9/16/2020 at 9:15 PM, Mischief managed said:

While we were waiting for DA , we did landscapes for my daughter’s HP Lego (she is almost 7 y.o) ? the display is not very movie accurate but she loves it and it has heightened her play experience. She just finalised building DA, so now we are planning on doing our own version of BB for Knockturn Alley 

to see her display of Hogwarts: https://imgur.com/a/uHRl52Z

This looks so beautiful!! Awesome work!

Edited by Shiene

8 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I just had a look at mine, and even though I hadn't noticed it at the time. The Master sticker is the only sticker with a fault on my set too, but it's not quite the same I don't think. There is actually a white line underneath the bottom purple line. I could just cut the bottom of it off, but i'll just leave it. But funny it's the exact same sticker with an issue.

Well there you go, definitely a trend.  I wish mine had been under the line because yes you could just cut it off.  I thought about cutting mine into 3 pieces, removing the bad bit then trying to line it up again but if it went wrong, I would have lost the sticker.  My way with the overlay meant I had many chances to get it right.  Weird how it is that 1 sticker each time...

Edited by chrisincanada

On 9/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, chrisincanada said:

Love it, my little girl is almost 7 and I could see her loving something like this too, though it seems your time and skill both outweigh mine!

Thank you very much :classic: don’t know about time - we did as a family thing over 5-6 weeks. 0,5-2 hours at a time. The “grass” is ready made, usually for model trains, and it is really grateful in term of covering stuff :laugh: My husband had fun making the lake using epoxy. 

5 hours ago, Shiene said:

Also in Belgium, that is how I got mine :classic:

This looks so beautiful!! Awesome work!

Thank you very much. We certainly had fun :laugh:

23 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Wait...you have a white strip underneath the small line that is under the word “MASTER?” The white strip on mine is directly abi e the lower black line. 

23 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Wait...you have a white strip underneath the small line that is under the word “MASTER?” The white strip on mine is directly abi e the lower black line. 

Yeah, the white line is literally the bottom of the sticker. I threw out the remains of the sticker sheet so not sure if it just wasn't cut properly and that was the bottom of the printing of whether it just had a white line in the printing. But it's on none of the other stickers that would have been next to it.

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Yeah, the white line is literally the bottom of the sticker. I threw out the remains of the sticker sheet so not sure if it just wasn't cut properly and that was the bottom of the printing of whether it just had a white line in the printing. But it's on none of the other stickers that would have been next to it.

Same with that being the only affected sticker. It’s super weird that our white strips are in different positions. Do you happen to still have your box to see the code on the tape?

New Holiday book revealed

The minifigure seems to be Harry but it looks like short legs with the year 4 hairpiece. Not sure cause it wouldnt make sense.

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Has anyone got both the Diagon Alley set and Knight Bus together? I was looking at the bus earlier and wondered how it would compare in scale next to the shops. 

Just had a look for you. It's probably about 2/3 of the height of the buildings. I only have Weasley's and Olivander's facing forwards and the top of the bus was just shy of reaching the top of the top row of windows on both. You might need to translate how the scale works out yourself. To much thinking right now for me. Lol.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Just had a look for you. It's probably about 2/3 of the height of the buildings. I only have Weasley's and Olivander's facing forwards and the top of the bus was just shy of reaching the top of the top row of windows on both. You might need to translate how the scale works out yourself. To much thinking right now for me. Lol.

Thanks, that's a really good indicator! In terms of scale I've been having a bit of a play around with my own pieces to try and improvise some more shops and one building I'd like to try and make is a small Leaky Cauldron about the size of the smaller shops like Ollivander's and Scribbulus. 

My idea is that eventually I'd have the Diagon Alley shops in a normal line with the Leaky Cauldron facing sideways at one end with the Knight Bus. But I'll have to see if I've even got enough pieces to make building that looks as good as the official shops!