Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Okay, so I'm done unboxing the CMF. I got 3 complete sets of all 16 minifigures, additionally I got:

- 2x Dumbledore

- 2x Griphook

- 2x Moaning Myrtle

- 2x Harry Potter

- 1x Hermoine Granger

- 1x Ron Weasley

- 1x Neville Longbottom

- 1x Pomona Sprout

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

My CMF box also arrived, so excited :excited:

I knew it would be bad but having it in hand really makes you realise just how awfull Kingsley's cape is. These kind of capes should never be the soft material.

It’s terrible. It really kind of ruins the figure for me. And that’s probably the only Kingsley we’re going to get. It would have been so much better just printed on

52 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s terrible. It really kind of ruins the figure for me. And that’s probably the only Kingsley we’re going to get. It would have been so much better just printed on

I completely agree. And on top of the cape being impossible to fit right I also just cut a bit of it on my second Kingsley :wall:

I agree too. I was so excited that we were getting him as a figure, but the figure we got drives me nuts. Especially for someone who is OCD about things being perfectly aligned. Was hoping there was another figure that had similar robes so I could buy off bricklink, but unfortunately there's nothing even close.

Why didn't I think of that before... I should just make my own! :-D

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I didn't try myself since I don't own the figure yet, but wouldn't iron the cape make things better?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

My CMF box also arrived, so excited :excited:

I knew it would be bad but having it in hand really makes you realise just how awfull Kingsley's cape is. These kind of capes should never be the soft material.

Use the blue, pulled down Wildstyle hood piece to keep the fabric down. Looks good and works perfectly (third pic shows it on Kingsley)

Edited by Metanoios91

53 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

How about leaving the cape off entirely? His torso print is quite detailed after all :shrug_oh_well:

It's fine printing but it's severly lacking on blue, which is essential to his costume

36 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Use the blue, pulled down Wildstyle hood piece to keep the fabric down. Looks good and works perfectly (third pic shows it on Kingsley)

That's a good solution but those hoods are quite expensive :sceptic:

51 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Use the blue, pulled down Wildstyle hood piece to keep the fabric down. Looks good and works perfectly

A perfect but expensive solution that I also decided to go with for Kingsley. It’s a $20 piece but I love that minifig so much that I had to get it.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

It’s a $20 piece but I love that minifig so much that I had to get it.

I think you got ripped off :look: I'm seeing that as a $5-10 part.

9 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

And even that’s excessive IMO. Benny’s Spaceship was a commonly available set, so why is that piece in particular this ridiculously expensive? Sometimes I really don’t get the aftermarket :def_shrug:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

And even that’s excessive IMO. Benny’s Spaceship was a commonly available set, so why is that piece in particular this ridiculously expensive? Sometimes I really don’t get the aftermarket :def_shrug:

Well yes, it's pretty high. I'd imagine the price isn't because the Benny set but because of the Spiderman set.  Both being out of print doesn't help.   Anyway, we're totally off topic now so I'll stop :wink: 

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

That looks great, might save that figure for me. Luckily I have a couple of those hoods.

37 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

It only cost me $5 plus shipping for the entire minifig that it comes with but when I just checked eBay for it the part alone is going for $19.95 plus shipping. 

Just now, sebastian666 said:

It only cost me $5 plus shipping for the entire minifig that it comes with but when I just checked eBay for it the part alone is going for $19.95 plus shipping. 

Ebay is only ever great deals or complete ripoffs from my experience

Man, words can't describe how amazing LEGO's customer service is. Contacted them explaining my concerns about the amount of stickers in the Diagon Alley set (stickers peel off after a certain amount of years) and asked if I could buy extra copies of all 4 sheets, knowing full well that I couldn't, so I can replace all of them once they start peeling off. Rep said it was highly irregular for LEGO to resend stickers unless they weren't included in the box but that he'd make an exception. So 4 extra stickersheets on the way! :excited:

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Man, words can't describe how amazing LEGO's customer service is. Contacted them explaining my concerns about the amount of stickers in the Diagon Alley set (stickers peel off after a certain amount of years) and asked if I could buy extra copies of all 4 sheets, knowing full well that I couldn't, so I can replace all of them once they start peeling off. Rep said it was highly irregular for LEGO to resend stickers unless they weren't included in the box but that he'd make an exception. So 4 extra stickersheets on the way! :excited:

Would be interesting to know if they actually get to you.  I called for a sticker sheet for my UCS Millennium Falcon because it came bent inside the packet and they said yes sure on the phone.  A day later the order was cancelled and I got an email saying I was no longer allowed to order missing/broken pieces and was banned from the service!!!!  In my experience multiple times with various issues the person on the phone is great but what they offer is never actually followed through on.  Same with the Hagrid/Buckbeak GWP that wasn't included in my order...called, was told it would be sent, order was cancelled within the hour.  I wish you luck though and please let us know if it comes through...though I fear they may get A LOT of calls now about this given the success you had haha!

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For my fellow Dutchies, Kruidvat is selling the Harry and Hedwig poly for 3 euro

I’m a fellow Dutchie but I live in California at the moment...  so no easy Hedwig for me unless I ask the family to get it ?...

While we were waiting for DA , we did landscapes for my daughter’s HP Lego (she is almost 7 y.o) ? the display is not very movie accurate but she loves it and it has heightened her play experience. She just finalised building DA, so now we are planning on doing our own version of BB for Knockturn Alley 

to see her display of Hogwarts: https://imgur.com/a/uHRl52Z

Has anyone else noticed that harry potter lego printing seems to be really poor. So many of my figures have smudged faces the only ones which don't are my season 1 cmf. 

There's a trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter game right now during the PS5 stream. Open world Hogwarts etc, it looks amazing! No words

2021 release, called Hogwarts Legacy