Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Well now that the piece counts of the sets have been revealed, my expectations just went up haha. 

The room of requirement has 193 pieces, while the book with the least pieces has 233 (Hufflepuff), and the book with the most pieces has 271 (Slytherin). The RoR set is decently sized and I’m assuming the book bit of the upcoming sets won’t take up that many pieces, so we’ll definitely have some solid builds! I’m excited to see how these turn out!

12 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

By the way this is my 500th post :)

Congrats!! I’m on my way to 1000 after 9 years. I’m such a snail ?

Edited by Otherworld

9 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Well now that the piece counts of the sets have been revealed, my expectations just went up haha. 

The room of requirement has 193 pieces, while the book with the least pieces has 233 (Hufflepuff), and the book with the most pieces has 271 (Slytherin). The RoR set is decently sized and I’m assuming the book bit of the upcoming sets won’t take up many pieces, so we’ll definitely have some solid builds! I’m excited to see how these turn out!

Congrats!! I’m on my way to 1000 after 9 years. I’m such a snail ?

233 pieces for 29.99 euros doesn't seem like a fantastic value to me...

You're very close to 1000 posts!!

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

233 pieces for 29.99 euros doesn't seem like a fantastic value to me...

That’s where the actual images kick in to prove if there’s any value at all :grin: 

42 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Yes, the only reason why it isn’t so obvious is because they left out the nasty rotten teeth ? But now that I think about it, the teeth are an important bit...

We didn't get Krum's beard so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get  rotten teeth for Karkaroff. 

If they are saving Gringotts for the Deathly Hallows tie-in wave, should we start getting worried that they will cannibalize the build for the Ironbelly and/or minecart sections?

16 minutes ago, doclord said:

If they are saving Gringotts for the Deathly Hallows tie-in wave, should we start getting worried that they will cannibalize the build for the Ironbelly and/or minecart sections?

Even if they weren't doing Gringotts' exterior and made a set purely based on the DH Escape scenes I highly doubt the minecarts etc would be included. I could see them doing just the exterior with the big hall on the inside and then the Ukranian Ironbelly as a sidebuild/secondary build for $120/130.

Putting Diagon Alley together as a two sided street, Gringotts is going to look sooo goood as an end piece! Like significantly better than the 2011 version.

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just got an email from DHL saying the estimated day of delivery for my CMF box from Minifigure Madness is the 16th :excited:

2 more days, yay!

With some of the 2018 ending production, it would have been a good opportunity to  replace some of the figs in production... but it seems they keep getting carried forward in the book sets.

Whoping willow and quittich set being finish could mean a new Snape going forward but it sounds like a nope.

51 minutes ago, deskp said:

With some of the 2018 ending production, it would have been a good opportunity to  replace some of the figs in production... but it seems they keep getting carried forward in the book sets.

Whoping willow and quittich set being finish could mean a new Snape going forward but it sounds like a nope.

Snape only really has 2 costumes: black and purple and completely black. I feel like there's a high chance we'll get fully black Snape in the DH wave and this is just LEGO's way of keeping the black and purple variant around for those who don't have him yet. Same with McGonagall really. 

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned. But at 4:36 in the Designer Video uploaded by Lego, are they some prototype shops in the background?

They are but we've seen those already

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Snape only really has 2 costumes: black and purple and completely black. I feel like there's a high chance we'll get fully black Snape in the DH wave and this is just LEGO's way of keeping the black and purple variant around for those who don't have him yet. Same with McGonagall really. 

With and without robe. ;)

90d8f0f75357f58a3fac1ce1401e1d97.jpg

Is there anyway to download a lego set into a building program to mess with MOC's? I would prefer to mess with QQS digitally without destroying the physical set first, and I'm assuming the only solution for my dilemma is to manually build it again 

Man, 14 days but DA finally arrived! Who knew it took so long from Chicago to California! But with everything going on, I am just glad it made it in one piece! If only it would have arrived on the weekend, now more waiting..... :classic:

I'm really hoping they give us Gringotts and the other shops in Diagon Alley. I know there is the cauldron shop, the owl shop, and a few others. I just broke down and bought DA, and I'm more excited for it now than I thought I would be. 

Does anyone know wheter there will be any more harry potter sets coming out this year. I remember last year the graveyard duel set came out a bit later than the summer wave.

36 minutes ago, L4t2901 said:

Does anyone know wheter there will be any more harry potter sets coming out this year. I remember last year the graveyard duel set came out a bit later than the summer wave.

It looks like just the "textbook/classroom" sets coming out in January, nothing that we know of until then.  :classic:

I'm recruiting my fellow AFOLs and Potterheads to help me solve this mystery: Is this Ginny Weasley minifigure from 2010 based on a specific movie appearance?  The closest match I could find is her Ministry Battle costume, but it looks like there are some deliberate differences. EDIT: Sorry for the extremely random question...

hp090.jpgOOTP Screencap "Ministry: Reducto" - Ginevra "Ginny" Weasley Image  (1628605) - Fanpop - Page 8

Edited by RogueTwo

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

It looks like just the "textbook/classroom" sets coming out in January, nothing that we know of until then.  :classic:

I'm recruiting my fellow AFOLs and Potterheads to help me solve this mystery: Is this Ginny Weasley minifigure from 2010 based on a specific movie appearance?  The closest match I could find is her Ministry Battle costume, but it looks like there are some deliberate differences. EDIT: Sorry for the extremely random question...

hp090.jpgOOTP Screencap "Ministry: Reducto" - Ginevra "Ginny" Weasley Image  (1628605) - Fanpop - Page 8

Pretty sure its based off that.

also even more unrelated, but what is going on with her sleves in that pic? I cant tell if she has thumb holes or really long sleves or its some weird wizard jacket