Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

While the idea of the common room and classroom sounds believable based off the princess books, I dont think gryffindor common room for example have anything that would make it a common room

a school desk, a cupboard, a chest, a book, the teacher's desk, a toad, a rat, a blackboard, and windows and paintings depicted with stickers.

Of these only a cupboard and chest could fit the common room but these also fit the classroom well

Ravenclaw;

two school desks with overlying springs, a chest, a display cabinet, a blackboard and shelves. Windows and wall paneling are shown here by stickers.

The same can be said here

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

Not every set is geared towards you as an AFOL.

I never said they were or that they should be. I wasn't aware the common rooms were included as I wasn't able to read the article (I'm not very fluent in reading German) and most of what I read here only talked about them as classrooms.

I really don't see why me saying LEGO could've themed the classrooms around schoolbooks instead of houses means I should be given a lecture about how LEGO is for kids though. I never said the sets shouldn't get made, I actually said the opposite and suggested a second wave. 

On 8/27/2020 at 1:34 PM, Tommy269 said:

Okay.  has anyone thought about the missing Harry potentially coming in a summer HP wave ?

I know am probably going to get shut down in a matter of minutes, but it would make a lot of sense. There are already 2 Harry potter GWPs coming, so why would there be another. It is also very unlikely that it belongs to a set next year because they wouldn't be in manufacturing yet. So we could get a one or two set wave in Jan. 

i does seem unlikely, but it is always a possibly. Personally, I like HP being a one wave theme. If we got a summer wave every year, it could eventually turn into star wars. With set remakes every year.

Idk, It just came to me while I was thinking last night. Would like to hear other thoughts. 

On 8/27/2020 at 2:16 PM, Tommy269 said:

Oh sorry. I am Australian. When I say summer wave. I mean your winter waves. As in January/December waves. 

Just heard the news and thought I would go back to some of my old posts. 

Totally called it :)

True, it was on the basis that dirty Harry would come in it and that fell through but, still.

JK.

Although, I don't know how to display them. I can't connect them to Hogwarts, but that is where most of by shelving is used for.  

Just picked up 2 CMFs at my local book store, ended up with Dumbledore and Griphook.

They are a lot cooler than I previously thought and Fawkes is so cool!

4 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Just heard the news and thought I would go back to some of my old posts. 

Totally called it :)

Not sure wether or not the existence of a winter wave is something you can really 'call' in this case, it's existence has always been a possibility since Ninjawhip leaked HP-4 well over a month ago :sceptic:

I hope all four Heads Of Houses are new variants, even if the changes are very minimal. We know Flitwick will be completely new, and Sprout at least has a new legs piece. McGonogall has a cape which she never had before but hopefully there will be more obvious differences (obviously hoping for a dress piece). I also hope Snape has some minor change from his previous version, even though the colors are described to be the same

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also hope Snape has some minor change from his previous version, even though the colors are described to be the same

I hope he'll glow in the dark :laugh:

20 hours ago, Gorki247 said:

I have a question about the leg lengths. I was having a look at all the minifigs and what movies they are based on, and from what I can tell they have been pretty consistent with the length of students' legs. Year 1 & 2 students have the short legs, Y3/4 get medium while Y5 and above have the regular legs.

However, there appears to be a small inconsistency with Luna Lovegood...

I am now wondering if I should swap out the legs for the correct sizes. Am I being a bit OCD here or has anyone else picked up on this and made some adjustments?

I’m the same, I get frustrated with inconsistency’s like that. The hair they use for the trio in series 1 is also annoying for the same reason (except Ron’s which actually looks pretty good for Y3, but then of course I had to get another for Hagrid’s hut for consistency).

I expect Luna has long legs in the RoR set simply to reduce cost. Personally I have given her medium legs, swapped with Cho from the CMF so she is the same height as Harry for that film :)

19 hours ago, Gorki247 said:

I also quite like Herbology Neville with medium legs so leaving him for now. I just assumed he still took those classes in later years as that seems to be where his interest lies. Might revisit that one.

That’s reasonable ?

Also Neville and Dean for that matter are physically much taller than the others from ~Y4 onwards. So personally I’m happy with some characters the same age being different heights so long as it more or less reflects what’s on screen :)

So do we know for sure that the ‘classroom books’ also include house common rooms? 
Personally, these sound interesting. I’ve been planning to build Hufflepuff and Slytherin dorms to go with the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw ones from the Whomping Willow and Astronomy Tower (which I still haven’t got ugh . .) but I might hold off now after hearing about this. I suppose this means I’ll have to devote space to a Herbology classroom too rather than just discarding that part of the AT. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also hope Snape has some minor change from his previous version, even though the colors are described to be the same

Yeah me too. Like I said before, perhaps a cape or new leg prints, or even a new face. 

I'm looking forward to see how the books like! I feel already that I want them all, I hope it's more to build then the disney sets.

I don't know what to think about the mosaic set.. Is it time to stop planing to buy all the sets from 2018 and forward? I'm only missing the big castle from the 2018-2019 sets but planing to get it later this year. The mosaic set dosen't feels that fun to build..

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who's interest in this wave has been significantly decreased upon seeing the prices etc for the other themes?

As in other themes are getting bigger Winter waves?

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who's interest in this wave has been significantly decreased upon seeing the prices etc for the other themes?

Most of the winter waves look terrible this year, honestly. At least this one looks sort of interesting.

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least we’re getting one this time around :tongue:

3 minutes ago, doclord said:

Most of the winter waves look terrible this year, honestly.

Based on what exactly? We don’t have anything but prices for most of them :grin:

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m actually really looking forward to this wave, $120 for four sets and 12 minifigures seems very reasonable to me, not to mention a cool new idea. It’s more or less just a bonus wave

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Based on what exactly? We don’t have anything but prices for most of them :grin:

I think he’s pretty much just referring to Star Wars, which is something I think we’ll have to see before we really decide what to think, but it does sound pretty underwhelming. HP is getting a January wave for the first time so it’s much more exciting

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Just 1HY stuff in general

Well as we weren't expecting a Winter wave then right now this stuff feels like a bonus. On the other hand, would I have rather have had four small sets like Expecto Patronum than these books? Absolutely. I will only get these for the minifigures and whilst I can absolutely see why as a business Lego would want to release these books and the crest mosaics, one thing I loved about the theme so far was that apart from the Hogwarts Castle and Hedwig I instantly wanted every set and every build. Up until now there's been no getting sets and selling off the builds or just buying figures separately and when that starts to happen a theme, excuse the pun, loses it's 'magic' slightly for me. That being said, as long as the summer wave(s) continue as they have been and stay strong then I will just look at these sets as a 'side' wave and hopefully pick them up on discount for the figures.

I bet we will get a Monster Book of Monsters as a retail exclusive.  Includes Hagrid, Fang, and Hermione.  Just wait...for me to make an incorrect prediction again (much like Trelawney, lol).

well the mosaics to me are their own theme, license or not.

These books is another initiative and i don't image they impact the normal sets much if at all.

Of course they are what we have to discuss for now about 2021 but we still anticipate some exellence in june!   Karkaroff!

More types of sets mean more opportunities for minifigs. 

(if the books do well:   flying lesson with hooch,   defense against the dark arts with Lockhart,   Divination with Trelawny and   care of magical creatures with Hagrid.)

15 minutes ago, deskp said:

Of course they are what we have to discuss for now about 2021 but we still anticipate some exellence in june!   Karkaroff!

I wonder if the Karkaroff/Durmstrang Boat set was only delayed so that it wouldn't compete with Barracuda Bay and Creator Pirate Ship? IDK why else they would delay a pretty classic GoF set.

Also, has anyone assembled Diagon Alley stickerless yet? I'm curious how it looks because I don't like the stickers and would rather wait for printed brick options for the front of the stores.

Edited by doclord

41 minutes ago, doclord said:

I wonder if the Karkaroff/Durmstrang Boat set was only delayed so that it wouldn't compete with Barracuda Bay and Creator Pirate Ship? IDK why else they would delay a pretty classic GoF set

I didn't now that Durmstrang was planing to came but get delayed? Where can I read more about that? I know that many have seen the microship in AC like i sign for an Durmstrang set to come next year.

3 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I didn't now that Durmstrang was planing to came but get delayed? Where can I read more about that? I know that many have seen the microship in AC like i sign for an Durmstrang set to come next year.

Nothing confirmed about a delay or anything, but the photographer's head in Diagon Alley is almost an exact match for Karkaroff.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I bet we will get a Monster Book of Monsters as a retail exclusive.  Includes Hagrid, Fang, and Hermione.  Just wait...for me to make an incorrect prediction again (much like Trelawney, lol).

yes please! I dont think they would do Hermione tho as she is already in the Gryffindor one. if they would repeat anyone it would most likely be Harry