Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I don't really mind the book copy paste idea I just hope that the figures, (especially Seamus Finnegan as I think it will be his first lego appearance) gets a unique print and they don't just use a generic face print

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

It's weird to see such a lack of variation in the next wave of sets. I'm 100% down for classroom builds,but 4 of them together seems a bit much. I expected they might try to do a DA expansion of like Gringotts or some MoM sets next wave. 4 Near identical book sets seems a bit of a letdown.

I don't really see these as a proper 'next wave' as they seem more like a bonus line of sets in addition to the proper main wave in the summer where we'll get Deathly Hallows sets and Gringotts. As we've never got winter sets in this revival theme it makes sense to me that Lego would do something different instead of overinflating the theme with two full waves of sets from the films. More gimmicky sets like these will pad out the theme and add to its longevity. 

Personally although some classroom pieces and features sound really useful for filling up my Hogwarts there's only thing really exciting to me about this and that's FLITWICK!! I'd given up hope on getting his original look from Philosopher's Stone so I'll at least get that classroom set to fully recreate the 'swish and flick' scene. 

Just now, Ringwraith said:

(especially Seamus Finnegan as I think it will be his first lego appearance)

He was in Whomping Willow, so expect this:

Seamus Finnigan | Brickipedia | Fandom

Just now, mark1991t said:

He was in Whomping Willow, so expect this:

Seamus Finnigan | Brickipedia | Fandom

Not great but not terrible. I wonder if it's possible for him to have a double sided face with the burnt face on the back

Marcos Bessa mentioned a Fat Friar easter egg (not in the form of a minifig) in an Instagram Q&A a few months ago. I imagine he was alluding to some of the sticker art work that we are getting in these House-themed classroom books. I think they will reuse the Disney Princess book moulds but in more earthy/darker colours and minifigs instead of micro-dolls

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Marcos Bessa mentioned a Fat Friar easter egg (not in the form of a minifig) in an Instagram Q&A a few months ago. I imagine he was alluding to some of the sticker art work that we are getting in these House-themed classroom books. I think they will reuse the Disney Princess book moulds but in more earthy/darker colours and minifigs instead of micro-dolls

Looking at the Disney books I think they will be the same pieces but I was actually expecting the books to be really bright colours for each house: bright blue, red, yellow, green. Maybe there will be a grey plate over it for where the classroom builds are so there isn't too much suspension of disbelief needed

29 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It's weird to see such a lack of variation in the next wave of sets. I'm 100% down for classroom builds,but 4 of them together seems a bit much. I expected they might try to do a DA expansion of like Gringotts or some MoM sets next wave. 4 Near identical book sets seems a bit of a letdown.

These are a bonus wave and are targeted towards a different audience. The mosaic is released with the next line-up of ART mosaics and the books are intended as gifts/impulse buys

The next main wave of sets will be in June with regular sets. There could be a store exclusive set in the winter wave but the exclusives don't get leaked this far in advance. Like the 4 sets in the Ninjago 2021 Season 13 wave suggest there might be a fifth store exclusive like Unagami's dragon last year

Edited by Metanoios91

The House Crest mosaics might be the first HP sea I skip. As much as I would love to get them, four sets at $120 each is just too much. Plus, I would technically need to buy each one twice in order to have each House Crest as well as the Hogwarts Crest. Too much, I’m afraid

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Looking at the Disney books I think they will be the same pieces but I was actually expecting the books to be really bright colours for each house: bright blue, red, yellow, green. Maybe there will be a grey plate over it for where the classroom builds are so there isn't too much suspension of disbelief needed

The promobricks article mentions a brown, dark orange book cover for the Transfiguration/Gryffindor book (dark red looks sometimes like reddish brown in photographs) . The other 3 are in house colours though they don't specify if it's green or dark green for Slytherin, for example

Wow! This is unexpected news, but now we know what the HP-4 code was for and I assume this is where the Monster Book of Monsters rumor originated as well. I think that the fact that these sets are all based on Hogwarts interiors also points to what many have been speculating - we probably will not be getting another big Hogwarts castle set next year. Especially if the Hufflepuff and Slytherin common are included here. I will probably just take out the interiors and try to build some MOCs that connect to the Room of Requirement and run along the back of my current Hogwarts display. The books themselves will look great as book end pieces on my shelves.

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The House Crest mosaics might be the first HP sea I skip. As much as I would love to get them, four sets at $120 each is just too much. Plus, I would technically need to buy each one twice in order to have each House Crest as well as the Hogwarts Crest. Too much, I’m afraid

Just wait a few weeks and they will be discounted below 85

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Just wait a few weeks and they will be discounted below 85

You think? That could be possible to at least get 4. I still can’t fathom getting 8, 4 for the individual House Crests, and another 4 to make the Hogwarts Crest 

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

The article says buildable books, with one looking like a greenhouse so hopefully not like the Disney books. Will be interesting to see how they turn out.

The minifig lineup isn't all that exciting, hope there are some new worthwhile figs in there.

Obviously I’m not 100% sure but looking at those Disney sets the centre spine is brick built so is probably that. 

HOWEVER a hogwarts crest ART set sounds amazing. (Shame about the price tag on it though)

edit: hopefully they do drop the price to that as that’s a very good price point. 

Edited by PantherCollection

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You think? That could be possible to at least get 4. I still can’t fathom getting 8, 4 for the individual House Crests, and another 4 to make the Hogwarts Crest 

I got the Iron Man mosaic in Germany for 85 € (including taxes) this weekend (RRP is 120 € or rather 117 € because of the temporary retail tax cut but that will be gone in January). I'm waiting for the Beatles one to go below 80 till I buy it

Edited by Metanoios91

@diagonalley I have this page still open bud so here ya go .. hope the original creator and poster of this doesn’t mind me doing it .. I also shared it to a Harry Potter Lego group I’m in on Facebook .. and as I was at work it took me over an hour to find the original post ??

Here ya go ??

https://imgur.com/a/O8224mu

It’s interesting that 1st/2nd year Cho is included seeing as she doesn’t appear in the films until GOF. Maybe there allowing the theme to most past “film only” to include little additions like this here and there. Not that they’ll ever make a set directly based off the book, but things like this are a nice touch to show that they respect the original source. It also helps that they’re on buildable books

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s interesting that 1st/2nd year Cho is included seeing as she doesn’t appear in the films until GOF. Maybe there allowing the theme to most past “film only” to include little additions like this here and there. Not that they’ll ever make a set directly based off the book, but things like this are a nice touch to show that they respect the original source. It also helps that they’re on buildable books

Now just fingers crossed for some book only characters like Peeves 

Well I’ll reserve my judgment for when I see the sets, but first thought are that I’ll skip these sets unless they offer some nice exclusive minifigures (here’s hoping for Macgonagall with a dress piece...)

I think LEGO made a mistake by giving us house themed books for classrooms. Ideally these house books would include the common rooms and a second wave could include classrooms and have the books themed around schoolbooks like advanced potion making. 

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same. It sucks cus ive gotten every HP set since 2018 but I just cant spend that amount of money on something I really dont care about. If it is only the Hogwarts crest with all of the houses on it I would probably get it tho. 

Very excited about the books. They are $10 more than the Disney ones, so they should be better than those, but I cant imagine a fully brick built book with interior details at that price unless it is very small. Now that I think about It, I would love to see something more like 40291.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Just thought, if this idea is repeated in 2022 then I'd really hope we get Lockhart's classroom with a pixie.

I could potentially see a wave of defense against the dark arts classrooms, or one big one with different characters and build to swap in and out

24 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@diagonalley I have this page still open bud so here ya go .. hope the original creator and poster of this doesn’t mind me doing it .. I also shared it to a Harry Potter Lego group I’m in on Facebook .. and as I was at work it took me over an hour to find the original post ??

Here ya go ??

https://imgur.com/a/O8224mu

Thank you so much!!!

For the art set - is it one set for the whole Hogwarts coat of arms, or do you need four sets to complete the coat of arms? I'm seeing conflicting info.