Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Has anyone tried connecting Diagon Alley with Modular sets? Do they connect straight up or do they need modification?

14 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Connection pins lines straight up with the Modular Buildings. Offcourse the sidewalks are different. 

They line up when you put the shops back to back, or when putting them all four in a row, then when shop face the streets they line up with the Modulars. However if you put the shops facing each other, so with the backs to the street then it will not line up.

4 minutes ago, Salix said:

They line up when you put the shops back to back, or when putting them all four in a row, then when shop face the streets they line up with the Modulars. However if you put the shops facing each other, so with the backs to the street then it will not line up.

Good to know. Thank you. I was hoping that I might just be able to have them lined up and throw my modular Detectives Office and Palace Cinema at each end. Probably wouldn't even notice they aren't complete width from the front.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Good to know. Thank you. I was hoping that I might just be able to have them lined up and throw my modular Detectives Office and Palace Cinema at each end. Probably wouldn't even notice they aren't complete width from the front.

The width is fine, it’s the depth. Since DA is only half what a Modular is. You’d either have to close off the backs or put them somewhere in town(if you have one) where you can’t easily see the backs. I’ve seen a few pictures of them in between & it looks pretty good. 

17 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The width is fine, it’s the depth. Since DA is only half what a Modular is. You’d either have to close off the backs or put them somewhere in town(if you have one) where you can’t easily see the backs. I’ve seen a few pictures of them in between & it looks pretty good. 

Mine are just going to be along a shelf backed against the wall. So i'm assuming you will only notice the backs are missing if you are looking from above right?

27 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Mine are just going to be along a shelf backed against the wall. So i'm assuming you will only notice the backs are missing if you are looking from above right?

Oh yeah, you’re set. Just put them in between Modulars to hide the half buildings. From the front it’ll just look like another Modular. Just switch out the dark tan plates/tiles & the cobblestone for matching sidewalk. 

Finally finished the last part of Diagon Alley last night, really great set!

WWW was my favourite build, and the section with Flourish & Blotts, Knockturn Alley entrance and WWW I think capture the vibe of Diagon Alley perfectly. 

I think it would have been better if the upper floors of Olivanders, Scribbulus and QQS didn't form a completely straight wall though. Maybe Scribbulus should have been pushed forward or back one stud, or use a different technique offsetting the facade by a plate or two to break it up. 

9 hours ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Guys, my girlfriend is amazing! For my birthday, she got me the Burrow, and I bought the Clocktower for cheap (price matched at Target) We're planning on saving them for next weekend to do a long weekend build with Diagon Alley (arriving tomorrow) and the 2 aforementioned sets while marathoning the HP movies. Im really looking forward to spending time with her, and definitely looking to building 

Oh, that sounds enviably ? Have a great time together!

9 minutes ago, Thieda said:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-2021-neuheiten/108974/

New Harry Potter book sets coming first half of 2021!

To bad the sets do not come with new students :shrug_oh_well:

I guess with all the sales the HP sets are having it was too tempting to give us a winter wave also..
This sound like something completely new, so I must see them before I can judge :wink:

15 minutes ago, Thieda said:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-2021-neuheiten/108974/

New Harry Potter book sets coming first half of 2021!

I like the fact that we get another version of Professor Sprout - using regular (dual-molded) legs this time. I'd hope for the Hogwarts students to come in their robes instead of the sweater versions but I fear that's unrealistic.

Honestly not sure what to think of this. Of course I'm glad we're getting more sets but this isn't exactly  what I had in mind. If those books use the same bookpieces as the Disney Princess sets I really don't see these sets turning out well so fingers crossed they're brickbuilt

Could these textbooks be where the rumour of the monster book of monsters first came from. Maybe they were just wrong about the specific book

The potions book wouldve been the perfect opportunity for crabbe and goyle but for some reason they chose seamus?

Oh also do you think it's how they're celebrating the 20th anniversary

Edited by DNSNVN01

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly not sure what to think of this. Of course I'm glad we're getting more sets but this isn't exactly  what I had in mind. If those books use the same bookpieces as the Disney Princess sets I really don't see these sets turning out well so fingers crossed they're brickbuilt

Hm, they cost 10€ more, so there is a chance for them to be brickbuilt ?

Just now, 8fifty said:

Hm, they cost 10€ more, so there is a chance for them to be brickbuilt ?

If they are brickbuilt I'll probably pick up all of them (the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff books are already on my wishlist :tongue:)

12 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I like the fact that we get another version of Professor Sprout - using regular (dual-molded) legs this time. I'd hope for the Hogwarts students to come in their robes instead of the sweater versions but I fear that's unrealistic.

The description specifically mentions the sweaters, the only ones who are wearing something different are Neville and Cedric (which makes me realise: we're getting Hufflepuff herbology gear!)

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they are brickbuilt I'll probably pick up all of them (the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff books are already on my wishlist :tongue:)

I read the first two and was like boring... boring... got to Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and thought oohh... they sounds good. Now I have to get them all! Rofl.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The description specifically mentions the sweaters, the only ones who are wearing something different are Neville and Cedric (which makes me realise: we're getting Hufflepuff herbology gear!)

Doesn't everyone wear the same thing in herbology?

oh... the ties!

Edited by chris6507

Sounds like the PS/CoS Flitwick minifig will be the most interesting part :thumbup: I’m a bit confused about the Art set though, there’s going to be so many leftover studs if you can build only one of the crests at a time :tongue: In the case of the Warhol set, there was only one colour you had too many leftovers at the end, not three :laugh_hard:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Where are people seeing what minifigures are included?

In the promobricks article :wink:

It says in the Promobricks link

Gryffindor: McGonagall, Ron and Hermione

Slytherin: Snape, Draco and Seamus

Hufflepuff: Sprout, Neville and Cedric

Ravenclaw: Flitwick, Harry and Cho

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds like the PS/CoS Flitwick minifig will be the most interesting part :thumbup: I’m a bit confused about the Art set though, there’s going to be so many leftover studs if you can build only one of the crests at a time :tongue: In the case of the Warhol set, there was only one colour you had too many leftovers at the end, not three :laugh_hard:

The article specifically mentions the Hogwarts crest so I don't think you'll be able to make the individual house crests

So long as the minifigs aren't those micro-dolls from the Disney books, I'm sold!

I would prefer "proper" system classrooms to connect to Hogwarts, but since the classrooms aren't actually that important in the films, I understand why they are focusing the "main" sets on the more recognisable set pieces. "Can Harry get to class on time and avoid detention?" isn't nearly as exciting as "Can Harry steal the Horcrux from Gringotts and escape the fire-breathing dragon?!" for a Lego set sitting on a toy shop shelf.

So long as we get the minifigs, and can use the pieces in these books to make our own proper classrooms for our Hogwarts displays, I'm in!