Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

@Otherworld .. it’s recently been a GWP .. sometimes a while after the initial promotion they can show up at Lego stores for purchase .. I think sometimes it depends on how many Lego have left after the promotion ends. Ebay could be an option perhaps ? 

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

I found the Hedwig Owl Delivery in Walmart, in case anyone was wondering where you could get it.

Thank you both!

1 hour ago, deskp said:

no he is not. no hoodie.

Sweatshirt then. Either way it's pretty close. Yes there's a little hood print on the back, but the front is near enough the same.

New On-set and Behind-the-Scenes Photos from Harry Potter and the Deathly  Hallows Part One | The Lord of the HallowsLEGO HARRY POTTER Centaur Minifigure from set 75967, Minifig - £6.99 |  PicClick UK

So it looks like Star Wars 2021 sets are starting to come out in rumors today. Is it possible to expect Harry Potter rumors in these next couple months as well?

Just now, Modal said:

So it looks like Star Wars 2021 sets are starting to come out in rumors today. Is it possible to expect Harry Potter rumors in these next couple months as well?

Not unless HP goes against the past two years and has a Dec 20 / Jan 21 wave.

Just now, Modal said:

Nope, these lists usually only cover 1HY releases (so everything between January and May). Don’t expect a set list before the Toy Fair season, if there even will be one next year in the first place :snicker:

Saw on legoleaks that there’s a new activity book with Dumbledore this time. May just be the picture, but he looks to be new in Dark Orange. Either that or it’s the Dark Red(print is the same) one with odd lighting.

24 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Not unless HP goes against the past two years and has a Dec 20 / Jan 21 wave.

Could this be a possibility? There is the reality of the HP-4 set code to consider as well as the rumor of the Monster Book of Monsters set...

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Could this be a possibility? There is the reality of the HP-4 set code to consider as well as the rumor of the Monster Book of Monsters set...

I mean it's possible, but I don't personally think it's going to happen. I get the feeling that maybe Lego knows it's on to a good thing, but it's best not to over-saturate the market with sets like it has perhaps done with Star Wars. I'm still wondering if the HP-4 code was for the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz. That was sold in the Lego store in Australia for $30 which I believe is the price that was associated with that rumoured code. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Saw on legoleaks that there’s a new activity book with Dumbledore this time. May just be the picture, but he looks to be new in Dark Orange. Either that or it’s the Dark Red(print is the same) one with odd lighting.

It translates as “magic wart notebook” so I wouldn’t read too much into it, the robes however are the Dumbledore from the Great Hall set but in orange, so either it’s a really poor image (seems too high quality for that) or it’s really bad photoshop

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Was the hedwig owl delivery a GWP as well or could I buy it somewhere physically? Are those usually sold at the lego store? ? 

They're available in a lot of places here but idk if the same applies to Mexico

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Wasn't the MBoM rumor already shot down multiple times? 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, here you go:

LEGO 71028 Harry Potter Figuren in einer Box

Thank you so much!! Where do you get this information from?

Just now, Rosie99 said:

Thank you so much!! Where do you get this information from?

The image is from Promobricks but it's been confirmed by multiple sources

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're available in a lot of places here but idk if the same applies to Mexico

Wasn't the MBoM rumor already shot down multiple times? 

Yes, people just haven't gotten the memo

40 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It translates as “magic wart notebook” so I wouldn’t read too much into it, the robes however are the Dumbledore from the Great Hall set but in orange, so either it’s a really poor image (seems too high quality for that) or it’s really bad photoshop

Maybe there’s some sort of malady a Wizard is dealing with in the book. :grin: I’m not concerned with the book, I’ve bought plenty before just for the minifig. A dark orange Dumbledore sounds great, so I hope it’s true. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

Maybe there’s some sort of malady a Wizard is dealing with in the book. :grin: I’m not concerned with the book, I’ve bought plenty before just for the minifig. A dark orange Dumbledore sounds great, so I hope it’s true. 

??, a Wizarding std ?, I plan on doing the same with the Tom Riddle book once it actually releases over here ?, any new variants of any character is good in my books (no pun intended ?)

11 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Really want the Dumbledore hair in white now, to make a more accurate hatless one.

That would be awesome. We now have it in three different colors. I say keep them coming!

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Since Gringotts was left out from the start, it makes it only more likely we get it next year.

Otherwise it shouldn't be any problem to discuss Gringotts, they now that many fans wonder "How could they left out the most iconic place in DA?!" and that's hard to answer when they're not allowed to tell about any of the 2021 sets :grin: I hope the dragon is included!

Could whoever posted the color changes to Quality Quidditch Supplies repost them please? I flew through bags 1-5 and I'm trying to decide what to change it to. I know it's true to the movies and to Universal but I hate pink with a passion.

Also, is there any easy way to post a picture to get around the file size limits? I extended out my cobblestone/street and I'm really excited to share it with you guys. :classic:

Edited by diagonalley

I have a question about the leg lengths. I was having a look at all the minifigs and what movies they are based on, and from what I can tell they have been pretty consistent with the length of students' legs. Year 1 & 2 students have the short legs, Y3/4 get medium while Y5 and above have the regular legs.

However, there appears to be a small inconsistency with Luna Lovegood which is now bothering me a bit. Her figure in the Room of Requirement set is from 'Order of the Phoenix', while the rest are from 'The Half-Blood Prince'. If I'm not mistaken, Luna is a year below Harry Potter, and so she would be in Y4 and Y5 in those movies respectively. Therefore her RoR figure should have medium legs (although maybe she was a bit taller for her age), but the Series 1 figure with the Spectrespecs should definitely have regular legs  (just like all her other figures from that same movie).

I am now wondering if I should swap out the legs for the correct sizes, or pretend she also wore that Spectrespecs outfit in her earlier years. Am I being a bit OCD here or has anyone else picked up on this and made some adjustments?

3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

??, a Wizarding std ?, I plan on doing the same with the Tom Riddle book once it actually releases over here ?, any new variants of any character is good in my books (no pun intended ?)

That book at least has a nice little interview section with the design team...so it’s not entirely useless. :grin:

1 hour ago, Gorki247 said:

I have a question about the leg lengths. I was having a look at all the minifigs and what movies they are based on, and from what I can tell they have been pretty consistent with the length of students' legs. Year 1 & 2 students have the short legs, Y3/4 get medium while Y5 and above have the regular legs.

However, there appears to be a small inconsistency with Luna Lovegood which is now bothering me a bit. Her figure in the Room of Requirement set is from 'Order of the Phoenix', while the rest are from 'The Half-Blood Prince'. If I'm not mistaken, Luna is a year below Harry Potter, and so she would be in Y4 and Y5 in those movies respectively. Therefore her RoR figure should have medium legs (although maybe she was a bit taller for her age), but the Series 1 figure with the Spectrespecs should definitely have regular legs  (just like all her other figures from that same movie).

I am now wondering if I should swap out the legs for the correct sizes, or pretend she also wore that Spectrespecs outfit in her earlier years. Am I being a bit OCD here or has anyone else picked up on this and made some adjustments?

I have made or am currently making these changes. I asked about this a while ago. I have made the following leg changes:

CMF Luna - Long Blue Legs

ROR Luna - Medium Black Legs

CMF Herboligy Neville - Short Black Legs

CMF Cho - Long Black Legs

Student Pack Cho - Medium Legs (CMF looks like ROR Cho, so making the other a younger version)

Hogwarts Express Harry - Medium Dark Bluish Grey Legs

Hogwarts Express Hermione - Medium Dark Tan Legs

Hogwarts Express Ron - Medium Dark Blue Legs

I ordered all the legs I needed from Bricks and Pieces when I ordered my Diagon Alley. Got Dark Tan Legs with printing, so will need to remove that with Brasso. 

I'm pretty OCD about these sorts of things myself. So you are probably just like me. Lol.

Also happy if anyone wants to chime in about any I may have missed.

Edited by chris6507

At least it's not just me then. Lol.

Wasn't too worried about the Hogwarts Express trio as those are just the Y2 figured reused even though the set is based on the 3rd movie. Have just put them aside as spares.

I also quite like Herbology Neville with medium legs so leaving him for now. I just assumed he still took those classes in later years as that seems to be where his interest lies. Might revisit that one.

Guys, my girlfriend is amazing! For my birthday, she got me the Burrow, and I bought the Clocktower for cheap (price matched at Target) We're planning on saving them for next weekend to do a long weekend build with Diagon Alley (arriving tomorrow) and the 2 aforementioned sets while marathoning the HP movies. Im really looking forward to spending time with her, and definitely looking to building