Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

When I first saw Hedwig, it was the set I thought "nah I won't bother with that". But the more I think about it, the more I kinda wanna get it!

Highly, Highly, recommend it is %100 worth it. 

45 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

When I first saw Hedwig, it was the set I thought "nah I won't bother with that". But the more I think about it, the more I kinda wanna get it!

I wholeheartedly agree with @bluedog1111, you should definitely get it! You won't be disappointed :thumbup:

Oh, and btw: Friendship with Ludwig has ended, Lemmy is my best friend now :tongue: :head_back:

Another potentially dumb question, in DA, are the lanterns with the spear-like piece inside them supposed to hang loose? I don’t see how the spear and disc that it goes into connect with the lantern piece.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Another potentially dumb question, in DA, are the lanterns with the spear-like piece inside them supposed to hang loose? I don’t see how the spear and disc that it goes into connect with the lantern piece.

You attach the 1x1 cylinder to the lantern like you'd do normally. If you then put the dish+spear on top it will connect with the bottom of the lantern. The stud from the 1x1 goes in the lantern's antistud, the bar of the spear goes into the studhole (:oh:) of the 1x1 which also holds the dish in place.

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Highly, Highly, recommend it is %100 worth it. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wholeheartedly agree with @bluedog1111, you should definitely get it! You won't be disappointed :thumbup:

Oh, and btw: Friendship with Ludwig has ended, Lemmy is my best friend now :tongue: :head_back:

I shall definitely look at getting it then! It’ll probably be a low priority set but I’d definitely like it.

Oh lol, someone noticed - I fancied a change :grin: Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. *hopes they get the reference and don’t think I’m insane...*

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I never got the whole “bag-feeling” thing. Is it actually fun or something? Because in my eyes, buying a couple of figures and then resort to bricklink once you miss only a few or buying a full box right away are more efficient options :tongue: And less hazardous too currently :wink:

It's by far the quickest, cheapest and easiest option for getting a complete series and any specific extras you want. Harry Potter CMF 2 was probably the hardest series i've ever tried to get as so many similiar parts and accessories were in the set. But even so, probably took me 30 minutes to get the whole set plus 2 Fred and George, Ginny and Neville. I've only got 3-4 figures wrong in 10 years, so at $1 below rrp from my local Kmart makes if much cheaper than buying complete sets on eBay or Bricklink. With Kmart's stock checker online being so good too, I am always first to the box which makes it really handy for rare figures too. Got multiples of Percival Graves really easily last time too.

Luckily for me right now i'm in an area that basically eradicated the virus so there is no Coronavirus here to worry about at all. :sweet:

But no, it's not fun for me at all. I actually find it kinda stressful, probably due to my anxiety. But I don't know why as it always goes without a hitch.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I never got the whole “bag-feeling” thing. Is it actually fun or something? Because in my eyes, buying a couple of figures and then resort to bricklink once you miss only a few or buying a full box right away are more efficient options :tongue: And less hazardous too currently :wink:

I didn’t either for a while there, but that was when I stopped collecting. In the last few years, I do find it kinda fun. Not something I’m overjoyed to go do, but it’s fun feeling for that particular accessory or hair piece, especially if you’re looking for that one specific minifig. Like with...well any series that isn’t HP, I only want certain ones, so it’s somewhat thrilling to find that one you want. Plus, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper. 

4 hours ago, doclord said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone posted a picture of what the set looks like without stickers?

I assume you’re talking about DA. It will just look like a a row of mystery shops as the stickers are pretty much all signage(at least when looking at the front).

3 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Same for me. I’m in no real hurry to get it & if I do end up missing it I won’t be too upset. But seeing more of it & it’s function, it’s growing on me. 

3 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Do you all think I should open the brick head or resell? 

Sell! I am in Canada and put mine on ebay.ca at $69.99 and it sold within the hour. That's a huge amount to offset the cost of DA

16 hours ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Also I think the release of a durmstrang ship is inevitable at this stage but I also think the second task will end up coming with it which will allow for a higher minifig count. I think if the set is 100 there will be at least 2 sidebuilds representing the stands for the crowd/where the triwizard contestants dive and the second build is some mermaid ruins where the hostages are chained up. I dont see them making the ship at the same scale as one from the pirates of the Caribbean series to be honest. Maybe a bit smaller but still bigger than the lego flying dutchman from spongebob

A minifig lineup could include

Harry

Ron

Hermione 

Krum

Karkaroff (photographers face might be used)

2 mer people

Rita Skeeter (if lockhart was done well in a set then I think she can to

The last 2 (to bring the count to 10) could be any of the following 

Neville (unlikely since 3rd year could potentially work)

Random Durmstrang student

Fleur (sleeping Gabrielle already exists)

Cedric

I agree. I think the ship build won’t be nearly as long as the Pirates ships because the Durmstrang ship is really a tall ship with a big ship castle. I disagree with the minifig lineup though. I doubt Ron and Hermione or little miss Delaceour will be included. I imagine the set will only feature:

Harry (gills and fins)

Cedric (bubble head)

Fleur (bubble head)

Krum (shark head)

Karkaroff

Durmstrang student 

Rita Skeeter

Mermaid

Gryndilows x2

Just to be clear, right now a Durmstrang ship is 100% wish list?

2 hours ago, icm said:

Basically! People are just trying to predict what might be coming next year. The speculation is based on the fact there was a microbuild of the Durmstrang ship in the advent calendar.

9 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Do you all think I should open the brick head or resell? 

There are no exclusive parts or prints in it so I'd say it entirely depends on wether or not you like Brickheadz. I personally don't so I ended up selling it for 35 euro

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Basically! People are just trying to predict what might be coming next year. The speculation is based on the fact there was a microbuild of the Durmstrang ship in the advent calendar.

And the new head print for the Daily Prophet photographer which matches Karkaroff better than the photographer himself (Black heard vs grey beard, angry expression and so on). The speculation is that they have designed the face print for Karkaroff but released it with the DPP. It's not like Lego hasn't a history of reusing face prints but why did this character get a face print that isn't even all that screen-accurate?

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

And the new head print for the Daily Prophet photographer which matches Karkaroff better than the photographer himself (Black heard vs grey beard, angry expression and so on). The speculation is that they have designed the face print for Karkaroff but released it with the DPP. It's not like Lego hasn't a history of reusing face prints but why did this character get a face print that isn't even all that screen-accurate?

I didn’t notice this before and just had a look, I agree the beard details look based on Karkaroff! Great thinking ahead on lego’s part :)

Has anyone tried connecting Diagon Alley with Modular sets? Do they connect straight up or do they need modification?

10 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. I think the ship build won’t be nearly as long as the Pirates ships because the Durmstrang ship is really a tall ship with a big ship castle. I disagree with the minifig lineup though. I doubt Ron and Hermione or little miss Delaceour will be included. I imagine the set will only feature:

Harry (gills and fins)

Cedric (bubble head)

Fleur (bubble head)

Krum (shark head)

Karkaroff

Durmstrang student 

Rita Skeeter

Mermaid

Gryndilows x2

I forgot about the grindylows!

I didnt think little deleacour would be included im saying the fact that her sleeping face is included in the carriage points to fleur being in the potential durmstrang/second task set

I wouldn't want the main trio either but I still feel LEGO would include them as hostages cos they're special. At least one maybe

10 hours ago, icm said:

Sorry if my predictions misled ya, just thought its good possibility due to the face print, Advent Calendar and Gabrielle Delaceour and the second task is the only task not represented in any way as well as the Durmstrang ship not being in it but beauxbatons carriage and howarts are

10 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Has anyone tried connecting Diagon Alley with Modular sets? Do they connect straight up or do they need modification?

Connection pins lines straight up with the Modular Buildings. Offcourse the sidewalks are different. 

New here, sorry if I'm rehashing something already discussed. Is it a possibility that the Lego website will release a free with purchase HP set this year like they did with the micro DA? I want to order the new DA but don't want to miss out on anything in future.

Was the hedwig owl delivery a GWP as well or could I buy it somewhere physically? Are those usually sold at the lego store? ? 

@Zedro .. I’m loving that Hogsmeade MOC .. it would fit very well with the existing line. Obviously Lego would make changes, but loving it ? On a side note Mos Eisley Cantina .. 21 miinifigures ( or at least that’s what I counted on the side of the box ) feel a bit cheated when compared to Diagon Alley’s 14 ☹️

@Otherworld .. it’s recently been a GWP .. sometimes a while after the initial promotion they can show up at Lego stores for purchase .. I think sometimes it depends on how many Lego have left after the promotion ends. Ebay could be an option perhaps ? 

If some of you do not follow this blog:
https://blockwarts.org/2020/09/12/roundtable-interview-with-diagon-alley-designer-marcos-bessa/

Interesting interview, surprised that Ollivanders, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes was the only shops in the first model. Since Gringotts was left out from the start, it makes it only more likely we get it next year.
They can never say anything about the future, but still hope we get shops from the other side as well :wink:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If some of you do not follow this blog:
https://blockwarts.org/2020/09/12/roundtable-interview-with-diagon-alley-designer-marcos-bessa/

Interesting interview, surprised that Ollivanders, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes was the only shops in the first model. Since Gringotts was left out from the start, it makes it only more likely we get it next year.
They can never say anything about the future, but still hope we get shops from the other side as well :wink:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Interesting interview even without that tidbit

On 9/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Harry is wearing a zip up hoodie in the scene and he has it open to reveal a red t shirt underneath.

no he is not. no hoodie.