Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Had planned on waiting until Xmas week off to build DA.  Lasted 2 hours after delivery before I cracked, told my 6 year old daughter we had to convince Mum to let us build it now even though it is a big Xmas present.  Mum gave in instantly - presumably only to save her ears from constant griping from us!  Looking forward to an amazing weekend of building!!!

15 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Thanks is the betting case in pieces or whole. I have mistaken books for the case before

perhaps try and feel for the 1x1 tiles that come in the pack, there are 4 of them inside it 

1 minute ago, josh_a_123 said:

perhaps try and feel for the 1x1 tiles that come in the pack, there are 4 of them inside it 

Betting case is easy to find. It feels like a book but thicker and you can feel the handle. I remembered it from the FB collection as both Newt and Jacob had them.

22 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Thanks is the betting case in pieces or whole. I have mistaken books for the case before

I believe it's two pieces like the case that Jacob Kowalski from FB CMF has.

3 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

Betting case is easy to find. It feels like a book but thicker and you can feel the handle. I remembered it from the FB collection as both Newt and Jacob had them.

Oh yeah, Newt has it too.

11 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Had planned on waiting until Xmas week off to build DA.  Lasted 2 hours after delivery before I cracked, told my 6 year old daughter we had to convince Mum to let us build it now even though it is a big Xmas present.  Mum gave in instantly - presumably only to save her ears from constant griping from us!  Looking forward to an amazing weekend of building!!!

Have fun! =D I finished it two days ago.

I absolutely loved the grunts in Lego games. It really allowed the Lego humour to shine and they could tell the story in their own way - whereas when it’s ripped from the movies they’re restricted to the movie in a way. When it’s Original voices it’s okay but I still prefer the grunts.

It means you can’t tell what’s going on exactly, but Lego games are more enjoyable if you know the source material anyway. And then you get the jokes much more ?

It might also be nostalgic speaking to me though lol. Indy 1 was both my first Lego game and first video game.

In conclusion, both approaches are okay. I would love if TT Games took Fans’ requests into account at E3 last year and have the option for both, like they said they’d consider.

Edited by sammy_zammy

21 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

In conclusion, both approaches are okay. I would love if TT Games took Fans’ requests into account at E3 last year and have the option for both, like they said they’d consider.

Fans who actually believed that were fooling themselves from the start. If they'd add a grunt option they would have to remake pretty much every single cutscene in the game.

43 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

39 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

36 minutes ago, Salix said:

I believe it's two pieces like the case that Jacob Kowalski from FB CMF has.

Oh yeah, Newt has it too.

Thanks I never collected the fb minifigs so I didnt know

I'll feel for the handle next week

Thanks for all the advice

1 hour ago, deskp said:

^ jurassic torso is a hoodie, They did not wear a hoodie in those scenes.

Harry is wearing a zip up hoodie in the scene and he has it open to reveal a red t shirt underneath.

3 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Thanks I never collected the fb minifigs so I didnt know

I'll feel for the handle next week

Thanks for all the advice

From someone who has specifically felt out 3 copies of each of the Weasley Twins, the second and third lots from two different shops. Feel straight for the hair pieces, but also keep in mind what you aren't looking for. For example if you feel a skirt, long hair then move on. The beanies are really distinct and easy to feel I found. Once you have a Beanie feel for the accessory. If it's a 2x2 tile. Move on. If it's not. Then you've found what you are looking for. If you've felt for the Beanie first which is more distinct, then it doesn't matter if you are confused as to whether it's a suitcase or book.

Also if you come across a new box that hasn't been shuffled about. I found all 6 Weasley figures in my first box sitting on top of the other figures. They weren't sitting horizontal on top, not vertically in line with the others. This was the case with two boxes in two different stores that had not been touched.

14 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

From someone who has specifically felt out 3 copies of each of the Weasley Twins, the second and third lots from two different shops. Feel straight for the hair pieces, but also keep in mind what you aren't looking for. For example if you feel a skirt, long hair then move on. The beanies are really distinct and easy to feel I found. Once you have a Beanie feel for the accessory. If it's a 2x2 tile. Move on. If it's not. Then you've found what you are looking for. If you've felt for the Beanie first which is more distinct, then it doesn't matter if you are confused as to whether it's a suitcase or book.

Also if you come across a new box that hasn't been shuffled about. I found all 6 Weasley figures in my first box sitting on top of the other figures. They weren't sitting horizontal on top, not vertically in line with the others. This was the case with two boxes in two different stores that had not been touched.

Thanks for that there was only one full box in the shop but it was underneath all the other boxes so I couldn't really take it out. I actually found it really hard to distinguish the beanie but now that I have george I know what to feel for

11 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Thanks for that there was only one full box in the shop but it was underneath all the other boxes so I couldn't really take it out. I actually found it really hard to distinguish the beanie but now that I have george I know what to feel for

The little pompom on top is so distinct once you know what you are feeling for! :sweet:

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Hey do any of you guys who didn't buy a full box of cmfs have advice for feeling. Im only missing fred at this stage and while shop staff don't mind me feeling them im still under time constraints and out of the 3 times I've been in store I still haven't found fred

Any tips

If this is a Lego store I'd call ahead and ask them to find one and set it aside.  I'm sure they'd be willing to.  If not all the other ideas seem great.

20 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

The little pompom on top is so distinct once you know what you are feeling for! :sweet:

I agree now I know what it feels like

4 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

If this is a Lego store I'd call ahead and ask them to find one and set it aside.  I'm sure they'd be willing to.  If not all the other ideas seem great.

Its not I'm in Ireland and I dont think we have a Lego Store here at least nowhere nearby

I never got the whole “bag-feeling” thing. Is it actually fun or something? Because in my eyes, buying a couple of figures and then resort to bricklink once you miss only a few or buying a full box right away are more efficient options :tongue: And less hazardous too currently :wink:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I never got the whole “bag-feeling” thing. Is it actually fun or something? Because in my eyes, buying a couple of figures and then resort to bricklink once you miss only a few or buying a full box right away are more efficient options :tongue: And less hazardous too currently :wink:

I dont know if fun is the right word, but to me, feeling cmfs is like an exciting little game where I get to go on the hunt for certain characters.

Edited by Bowtruckle44

I personally never felt CMFs and I've got a full box on the way apparently as I just got a random mail from DHL saying a parcel was registered in Dublin. Which made me wonder if it could be the CMF box from minifiguremadness.com and apparently it is as they are located in Dublin and in my order it does say delivery by DHL Express which is where I got the email from, so hopefully I'll have the CMF sometime next week. :)

Edited by Salix

14 minutes ago, Salix said:

I personally never felt CMFs and I've got a full box on the way apparently as I just got a random mail from DHL saying a parcel was registered in Dublin. Which made me wonder if it could be the CMF box from minifiguremadness.com and apparently it is as they are located in Dublin and in my order it does say delivery by DHL Express which is where I got the email from, so hopefully I'll have the CMF sometime next week. :)

I got the same mail and as MM is from Dublin and I haven't ordered anything else it must be my CMF box :excited:

In other news: Crimes of Grindelwald is coming to Netflix on September 25th (at least in the Netherlands, idk about other countries)

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's just so much more cost effective. You get exactly who you want without extras to unload later, and no shipping fees. I also try to favor shopping at local stores rather than ordering. Even the big chains provide jobs for local people, versus random warehouses who knows where. That, and mail order can be extremely inconvenient if you work 9-5 hours. Couriers are unforgiving sometimes.

Sadly, with the pandemic, it's really not a viable option. I ended up grabbing random fistfuls and did manage to get the whole set in two goes, at about 1/3 the cost of a box. I've a disproportionate number of spares this time, but I still came out ahead.

2 hours ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

I dont know if fun is the right word, but to me, feeling cmfs ia like qn exciting little game where I get to go on thw hunt for certain characters.

Agreed. It’s fun to see if you’re right about a figure. I do this game with my daughter and so far the old man is winning. ? 

But it’s frustrating now because of the Covid; a lot of the LEGO stores here in Southern California won’t let you feel around anymore. They just grab one and give it to you.

I got one the other day at the LEGO store here and it turned out to be Hermoine with the beer ? cup.  Once I felt the beer cup I looked for the hairpiece to see if it was her or Ron; still fun to do and I beat my daughter again. 

4 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

This Might be dumb, but are certain CMF gigs more favoured? Like there are more in the box

Yup, here you go:

LEGO 71028 Harry Potter Figuren in einer Box

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fans who actually believed that were fooling themselves from the start. If they'd add a grunt option they would have to remake pretty much every single cutscene in the game.

Yeah, I agree it's too much to ask, but I can always hope :) 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, here you go:

snip

I've found the distributions kinda surprising - what I'd expect to be the more popular figures, like Dumbledore and Griphook, are most plentiful.

I just finished Hedwig. It is possibly my favorite build of the entire theme that I have gotten so far. That said I don't have DA yet. Darn you September 15th delivery date! Though 2 hours after I finished Hedwig the door bell rang and I decided to ignore it. But when the package was brought in it was Hagrid and Buckbeak which I hadn't expected until the 20th so while Lego is screwing me over with the September 15th DA date at least they sent something to tide me over.

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

I just finished Hedwig. It is possibly my favorite build of the entire theme that I have gotten so far. That said I don't have DA yet. Darn you September 15th delivery date! Though 2 hours after I finished Hedwig the door bell rang and I decided to ignore it. But when the package was brought in it was Hagrid and Buckbeak which I hadn't expected until the 20th so while Lego is screwing me over with the September 15th DA date at least they sent something to tide me over.

When I first saw Hedwig, it was the set I thought "nah I won't bother with that". But the more I think about it, the more I kinda wanna get it!