Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Indeed

Advent calendars don't make Christmas for me. Without getting to deep, that's not what it's all about really. So open it now or wait, it really makes no difference to me.

I always wait until December first to start opening my Advent calendars.  It gives me something to look forward to each day leading up to Christmas.  Last year I had the Star Wars one from the previous year that I had purchased on clearance to open & even that one waited until December.  I have another copy of last year's HP one to open this year along with the new one.

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Advent calendars don't make Christmas for me. Without getting to deep, that's not what it's all about really. So open it now or wait, it really makes no difference to me.

True...

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

:head_back:

On an interesting note, all the figures in the calendar come with two wand sprues. Sure this wasn't the case last year. So unless I'm missing something, every figure gets three extra wands. 

I think I'm going to need a separate storage container for all the extra wands at this point.  I even search through the older ones I have stashed away before I break a new one off to see if I already have the color in my loose extras.

35 minutes ago, karrit said:

Just got an update from Fedex that they will be delivering my Diagon Alley tomorrow.  Also received notice that my box of CMF's is shipping so should get them sometime next week, hopefully early in the week.

That's great!

7 minutes ago, karrit said:

I think I'm going to need a separate storage container for all the extra wands at this point.  I even search through the older ones I have stashed away before I break a new one off to see if I already have the color in my loose extras.

I do the same lol

The amount of extra wands you amass when collecting this theme is astonishing, especially when you buy an entire box of the CMF series :laugh_hard: I was surprised that DA only had two extra ones (a black and a dark tan one). I suppose you could give them to Draco and Hermione respectively :shrug_oh_well:

58 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

:head_back:

On an interesting note, all the figures in the calendar come with two wand sprues. Sure this wasn't the case last year. So unless I'm missing something, every figure gets three extra wands. 

Oh that’s great to hear, I’m always looking for more wands!

(I’m never looking for very long though... :head_back: )

4 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

My CMF order from theminifigurestore.uk and it should be here tomorrow or Friday!! ????

Ordered from them as well but I haven't received any emails to let me know if they had been dispatched or not. :sceptic: Congrats though!

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Oh that’s great to hear, I’m always looking for more wands!

(I’m never looking for very long though... :head_back: )

Same, when I first started the theme I was protective of my spare wands as I only had a few, but now I have a whole ziploc full of them :laugh_hard:

I think it's really weird that we haven't got Crabbe and Goyle figures after 3 years with HP lego.. :look:

I don't know if we're going to see more FB lego, the first two retired quickly and what I heard they didn't sell as good like HP.

6 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I think it's really weird that we haven't got Crabbe and Goyle figures after 3 years with HP lego.. :look:

I don't know if we're going to see more FB lego, the first two retired quickly and what I heard they didn't sell as good like HP.

A shop here in the Netherlands that sells Lego still have like +5 Newts Suitcase for 45 euro and +10 Grindelwalds Escape for 20. I bought them this week because I see they have been retired some time ago, and I really want to have a complete collection(except for the microscale, don't really care for the hogwarts castle). 

Other Harry Potter sets have even sold out. So as you can see, not as popular. 

Edited by ???theriddler???

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The amount of extra wands you amass when collecting this theme is astonishing, especially when you buy an entire box of the CMF series :laugh_hard: I was surprised that DA only had two extra ones (a black and a dark tan one). I suppose you could give them to Draco and Hermione respectively :shrug_oh_well:

Same here! I thought my accumulation of brick separators was getting out of hand but the wands have overtaken in that department :tongue:

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Ordered from them as well but I haven't received any emails to let me know if they had been dispatched or not. :sceptic: Congrats though!

I heard nothing and emailed twice and got no reply so called the cell number showing on the paypal transaction.  Left a message and within 20 minutes a great guy called Martin emailed me to say my CMF order had just shipped to Canada from the UK and gave me the Royal Mail tracking details.  He said they are working frantically to get all orders out but they are clearly well ahead of the 15 September suggested shipping date.  Mine have been in transit 6 days now so hoping to get them any day, I am on the East coast of Canada so about as close to the UK as I can get without getting my feet wet!

Edited by chrisincanada

Just now, chrisincanada said:

I heard nothing and emailed twice and got no reply so called the cell number showing on the paypal transaction.  Left a message and within 20 minutes a great guy called Martin emailed me to say my CMF order had just shipped to Canada from the UK and gave me the Royal Mail tracking details.  He said they are working frantically to get all orders out but they are clearly well ahead of the 15 September suggested shipping date.  Mine have been in transit 6 days now so hoping to get them any day, I am on the East coast of Canada so about as close to the UK as I can get without getting my feet wet!

Their customer service is trash if they can avoid replying, I won’t be ordering from them again, the only reason I didn’t cancel my order was because I literally couldn’t ?, but ah well, they’ll be here tomorrow and then I’ll be happy ??

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Their customer service is trash if they can avoid replying, I won’t be ordering from them again, the only reason I didn’t cancel my order was because I literally couldn’t ?, but ah well, they’ll be here tomorrow and then I’ll be happy ??

I agree the website is fairly rudimentary with no options to see order updates and the 'contact us' form kept crashing.  Had I not found the number and called and got the email back I would have been contacting paypal for my money back claiming they were not legit.

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

- Katie Bell

Yes please! I desperately want to get an official figure of Katie :excited:

9 hours ago, Zedro said:

Don’t forget Lupin Werewolf Minifigure, we need a remake. Just the head or a complete full mold? The SS (shrieking shack) is one of my favorite buildings in HP world, I hope they make a new version.

We were talking about characters we haven't gotten at all yet. Werewolf Lupin is just a variant :wink:

I'm hoping we get an older version of Seamus at some point since we've gotten several variants of Neville & Luna.  Also think they should give us some form of Crabbe & Goyle, I think a polyjuice version would be ideal.  I think I've found their hair pieces in the auction lots I bought but no heads or torsos for them.  Rewatching the movies over the past few weeks there are quite a few students of different ethnicities, so it would be nice if they would expand on the Student packs to fill in some voids. 

I guess what I'd really love would be a create your own random Hogwarts minifigures pack with a bunch of different heads, hands, torsos, etc. so we could create several random students for the different houses in their sweaters, robes & quidditch uniforms.  I'd probably buy at least 20 of those if they sold them.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes please! I desperately want to get an official figure of Katie :excited:

Me too! If we eventually get a D2C Hogsmeade set, I can definitely see Katie being one of the minifigs included. Hopefully she will come with the cursed necklace from Borgin & Burke’s and a floating / possessed action feature :laugh_hard:

ba5da33efb3ab7e29ccf3838277a482d3a83d3a1

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:
1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I agree the website is fairly rudimentary with no options to see order updates and the 'contact us' form kept crashing.  Had I not found the number and called and got the email back I would have been contacting paypal for my money back claiming they were not legit.

That's very frustrating! I too ordered from them in August, along with some other extra items, and haven't heard a word yet. It was showing "Processing" still as of a few days ago when I previously checked. Just checked again and the website gives an error. Very frustrating. Wish I had bought it via paypal and not my credit card or i would be contacting them to cancel...

8 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Me too! If we eventually get a D2C Hogsmeade set, I can definitely see Katie being one of the minifigs included. Hopefully she will come with the cursed necklace from Borgin & Burke’s and a floating / possessed action feature :laugh_hard:

ba5da33efb3ab7e29ccf3838277a482d3a83d3a1

I can definitely see Hogsmeade being the next D2C after DA. I put together another one of my micro sketches so show how it could look:

LEGO Harry Potter: Malfoy Manor

The big building in the middle is the three broomsticks, the shops on the right are the sweet and joke shop, and the Hog’s head is the one on the far left. It would be an opportunity to get a new variant of Hagrid, being his dark brown beaver/moleskin coat, in addition to many ‘winter’ versions of the students. This could also be the set from which an AC pulls figures from in the same year.

16 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I can definitely see Hogsmeade being the next D2C after DA. I put together another one of my micro sketches so show how it could look:

The big building in the middle is the three broomsticks, the shops on the right are the sweet and joke shop, and the Hog’s head is the one on the far left. It would be an opportunity to get a new variant of Hagrid, being his dark brown beaver/moleskin coat, in addition to many ‘winter’ versions of the students. This could also be the set from which an AC pulls figures from in the same year.

Looks like a great idea but if I imagine that at a normal scale it would probably be around the same size as Diagon Alley. I really don't want to get into the iconicity argument again but I can't see a Hogsmeade set at a higher pricepoint than 250 and even that's pushing it :sceptic: