Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

True, and back then there were only Quirrell, Snape, McGonagal and Lockhart as teachers with classrooms too, now we have all DADA teachers, all heads of houses, Divination and Filch too. 

Having a tower housing either Fluffy's Trapdoor room or Myrtle's bathroom with the rest of the PS chambers/CoS at ground level would work for me. 

They’ve really knocked it out of the park with characters. Granted, we have CMF’s this time around that have given us so many great(and completely new) characters. But, we finally got Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw...even their Quidditch robes now. The Founders. Centaurs. 

2 hours ago, Chilis said:

I will buy the DA for sure, but I need one small advice: Buy now and get the Brickheadz for free, or wait until there`s VIPx2? I tend to the last option?

A fan of Brickheadz, get it now. Points would be more worthwhile to me...but what do I know...I bought it on release. :tongue:

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just got the advent calendar :thumbup: Out of curiosity: do you shred it to pieces right away or do you wait until December? I was considering the former, but it just feels wrong :laugh_hard: I’ve also never given in to the temptation in the last 9 years 

Rip it open! If there can be “Christmas in July” there certainly can be “Christmas in September.”

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The worst is when a FedEx truck comes into my court and stops at the neighbour’s house. That’s happened to me so many times. 

Totally. As I’m typing this a FedEx truck drove by...they better stop on their way back or I’m giving chase!:grin:

My DA still shows as Label Created with Fedex and LEGO.  It has not been updated at all in the last 5 days.  This is insane.  The Fedex site says I’ll get it by tomorrow but there is no way whatsoever that will happen.  

If it helps anyone here, I ordered a few non-HP sets around the same time as DA and they are all taking forever to deliver. I think Lego is just seeing a huge influx of orders these past coupe of weeks. Hope you all can get your sets soon!

2 hours ago, klinton said:

Wait until you've built DA. It is wildly out of scale with the rest of the line. Which is fine, it's a lovely build. Compare the structres of any of the castle modules to any of the shoppes in DA though, and you'll find them a bit lacking. They'd need to at the very least double the piece count on one of those to produce a Gringotts that wouldn't look positively anemic next to the rest of DA.

Lego clearly aren’t bothered about scale. It doesn’t need to tower above the other buildings like it does in the movies. DA is $400 and has 4 shops, so Gringotts being $100 would allow it to be the same size, and with a decent amount of interior.

10 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Lego clearly aren’t bothered about scale. It doesn’t need to tower above the other buildings like it does in the movies. DA is $400 and has 4 shops, so Gringotts being $100 would allow it to be the same size, and with a decent amount of interior.

Just to match the facade detail, it needs to be far more intricate than the average Hogwarts build. The price point on the DA buildings is based on it being a D2C, which have lower ppp ratios than mass commercial releases. The Hogwarts sections all have less than 1000 pieces, whereas DA has an average of 1160 pieces per section. That, and Gringotts will need to be built up on a larger baseplate in order to align with the DA shoppes. The Hogwarts builds are all constructed on regular plates.

I just can't see a satisfactory build coming from anything but a larger than average set. /shrug

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just got the advent calendar :thumbup: Out of curiosity: do you shred it to pieces right away or do you wait until December? I was considering the former, but it just feels wrong :laugh_hard: I’ve also never given in to the temptation in the last 9 years 

I got mine delivered yesterday all the way from Romeoville! And Yes, I did the former of course, who knows if we’ll make it to December anyway :angel_sing:

13 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

It does though? Carrot Boy is being ungrateful and acting like a spoiled knob, huffing and puffing like a baby wanting another set when his wont arrive for 4 days especially since its high demand, boo hoo, Lil Carrot boy doesn’t like waiting. Shut up

?...  You guys are cracking me up !...

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Out for delivery! Today is the day!

Yay !!!

I unpacked mine and put all bags out In order over the dining room table.  My wife yelled at me when dinner was on, so I put them all back in the box, but this time in opposite order; having the base plates in the front, the extra set of plates in the front, and then starting with the bags numbered “1”...

Can’t wait to get home, ?, and then start !!!  ? 

I just came across some interesting news which we must have missed last week in the excitement around the Diagon Alley set’s release. WB has officially confirmed that it will resume filming for Fantastic Beasts 3 next month in the UK and continue through February 2021. As of right now, it doesn’t look they will be filming in Brazil after all.

The film is still slated for a November 12, 2021 release, which means we will almost definitely be getting a few Fantastic Beasts sets as part of next year’s Wizarding World wave.

I’m curious to hear what sets folks think we could be getting. Obviously, we don’t know any details about the movie’s plot, but I could see a set from the last film being included. Maybe the Circus Arcana with the Chinese Zowwu or the LeStrange Mausoleum with the blue fire dragon or the British or French Ministry of Magic?

https://screenrant.com/fantastic-beasts-3-filming-start-date-october/

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'll wait untill november to pick up my copy and then just use it as it's supposed to be used :wink:

19 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m curious to hear what sets folks think we could be getting. Obviously, we don’t know any details about the movie’s plot, but I could see a set from the last film being included. Maybe the Circus Arcana with the Chinese Zowwu or the LeStrange Mausoleum with the blue fire dragon or the British or French Ministry of Magic?

I don't think the Britisch MoM is really worthy of a set so, barely anything happens there so there's not much they can base it on either. The Lestrange Mausoleum is definetely a great suggestion and one I could see happen but if they give us the Zouwu I think it's more likely that they'll include it in a French MoM / Matagots chase set. 

But in the end the only things really worth getting from the film are the figures and the Zouwu, I doubt many people actually care about the locations :tongue:

4 hours ago, Chilis said:

I will buy the DA for sure, but I need one small advice: Buy now and get the Brickheadz for free, or wait until there`s VIPx2? I tend to the last option?

Depends on what you want to do, I personally ordered it straight away even though I don't like the Brickheadz theme but I did benefit from it. Double VIP points would've resulted in 3000 x 2 = 6000 points = a 40 euro discount. I personally just put the BH set online to see what I could get for it and I actually just sold it yesterday, the end result: 3000 points = a 20 euro discount + 35 euro from selling the BH = 55 euros total.

So in the end it just depends on wether or not you want to put effort into selling it, for me it ended up being more profitable :wink:

@Seaber, @more awesomer, @Vindicare@Otherworld, & @Guyon2002: Thanks for your input! The opinions differ, I see. I think I’ll wait till December after all. I forgot how much fun it was in the last couple of years to build a set a day while watching Ashens and NerdCubed opening their crappy calendars and me laughing about how much better my daily gift was compared to whatever they had to suffer through :laugh_hard: I think they even planned to have a LEGO calendar one year until they realised it was too good for the series :tongue:

28 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The film is still slated for a November 12, 2021 release, which means we will almost definitely be getting a few Fantastic Beasts sets as part of next year’s Wizarding World wave.

I really hope so! I was enjoying the FB films and Lego sets long before hopping on the HP train this year. It feels woefully underrepresented in the theme, but the sets and minifigs we did get are all spectacular. I'd love to see more!

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depends on what you want to do, I personally ordered it straight away even though I don't like the Brickheadz theme but I did benefit from it. Double VIP points would've resulted in 3000 x 2 = 6000 points = a 40 euro discount. I personally just put the BH set online to see what I could get for it and I actually just sold it yesterday, the end result: 3000 points = a 20 euro discount + 35 euro from selling the BH = 55 euros total.

So in the end it just depends on wether or not you want to put effort into selling it, for me it ended up being more profitable :wink:

Thanks alot! I have very little interest in this particular BH and no problem selling it afterwards so it might be the best solution, order the DA right away with normal VIPpoints and just sell off the BH ;)

Edited by Chilis

Just now, Chilis said:

Thanks alot! I have very little interest in this particular BH and no problem selling it afterwards so it might be the best solution, order the DA right away with normal VIPpoints and just sell of the BH ;)

No problem! Hope you'll be able to sell the BH set for a decent price :thumbup:

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

No problem! Hope you'll be able to sell the BH set for a decent price :thumbup:

I would grab it quickly, as the Hagrid/Buckbeak GWP sold out in the USA market within a day, and the North American websites reverted to free shipping offer.  They now have a free Monkie Kid set as GWP.

Looks like Europe is the only region that has the HP GWP remaining.  Lego has moved on to other offers in all other regions.

Edited by more awesomer
more info.

This is probably a stupid question, but is anyone else concerned that we might not get another Hogwarts expansion next year? :sceptic:

I’m really hoping for the Bell Towers, Viaduct, Entrance Courtyard, Boathouse, Grand Staircase, and Chamber of Secrets before this line ends.  

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

When your package has left the warehouse closet to you and says in transit is that the same as out for delivery?

Nope, but it’s close.  You should get it very soon.  

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

This is probably a stupid question, but is anyone else concerned that we might not get another Hogwarts expansion next year? :sceptic:

I’m really hoping for the Bell Towers, Viaduct, Entrance Courtyard, Boathouse, Grand Staircase, and Chamber of Secrets before this line ends.  

Nope, but it’s close.  You should get it very soon.  

I think Grinngotts might be a huge $200 that replaces the astronomy tower and the burrow and then there might be a $70 or $60 Hogwarts expansion that focuses on the battle of Hogwarts I do find a $100 battle scene unlikely seeing as the theme has not chosen to focus on any battles in their biggest sets. Even in Attack on the Burrow the main focus is still the house. 

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

No I'm guessing we'll get a similar set up to this year and get a castle section and another large building like The Burrow, probably Gringotts.

3 hours ago, Wimmer said:

?...  You guys are cracking me up !...

Can we please just let it go now?  I chose not to respond any further after the unwarranted attacks on my innocent off hand comment about maybe purchasing something to tide me over.  To be called ungrateful & whiney & spoiled doesn't warrant a response from me.  Enough said.  And thanks to those who tried to defend me.

32 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The Battle of Hogwarts is the climax of the whole story, so not releasing at least one set based on it would be extremely silly. Even the 2011 range got that one right :grin:

28 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

[...] I do find a $100 battle scene unlikely seeing as the theme has not chosen to focus on any battles in their biggest sets.

They could pull a 4867 here and release a part of the castle with a regular interior, but with added battle-damage options or explosion play features and a more appropriate minifig selection. These things are not mutually exclusive :laugh:

54 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I’ve said it before, but I am also really doubtful that we will get another big Hogwarts expansion set. There are so many other big $100+ sets we could get next year that are more iconic than the Bell Towers.

Gringott’s will be at least $100 and I have a strong feeling we will be getting a $100 version of the Durmstrang ship, which was included in “toy” form in this years Advent Calendar.

I do think we will probably get another small Hogwarts expansion set - maybe the size of the Whomping Willow or the Room of Requirement set. My money is on us getting a WW size Chamber of Secrets with the Basilisk skeleton and a small turret with the girl’s bathroom and maybe Slytherin dorm. Maybe another small set with the Hufflepuff dorm and a different version of the RoR

Someone on here had the brilliant idea of us getting sets based on the horcruxes which I think makes a lot of sense. So Gringott’s where the Hufflepuff horcrux is found, the Ministry where the Slytherin horcrux is found, the lake where the Slytherin horcrux is destroyed, the Chamber of Secrets where the Hufflepuff horcrux (and Tom Riddles diary) is destroyed, the Room off Requirement where the Ravenclaw horcrux is found and destroyed, and the Viaduct / Courtyard where Nagini is killed.

Don’t get me wrong - I would love to get a Bell Tower set (even though I don’t know where I would connect or display it) but I sadly think the Astronomy Tower is the last of the big Hogwarts expansions until they start redoing iconic locations like the Great Hall.

Edited by sebastian666

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Is the top floor of Scribbulus supposed to be this set’s version of Borgin and Burke? It has a potion, a skull, a tattered sofa, and empty fireplace. 

I think it's supposed to be the divination shop, or is that above Florean Fortescue's?

Edited by Bowtruckle44

For the topic of the Bell Towers, personally I’m not too interested in such a set. The architecture of both the Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower is far more interesting and there really isn’t room for it on either the official Lego layout or the StoneWars layout and I’m not going to take out any other additions to make room for it. The interior potential isn’t that great either and I would much rather have a Cos Chamber of Secrets rather than a DH Chamber for obvious reasons. The only way I would buy another Hogwarts extension is if it was a Chamber of Secrets with a Slytherin Common Room, Girls Bathroom and that hall way with the blood or a set from the tasks in PS with the devil snare room and the winged keys. On second thought, it just reminds me how much room they wasted in the Great Hall Tower portion of the set. The set I’m most hyped about next year is Gringott’s, really loving the DA build so more of that is always welcome. And a Borgin and Burkes would be nice too, even though I was initially against its inclusion. 

Edited by RODDY

Just got through with the first building. What a fun build so far, love all the brick bricks! Honestly, I’m really excited to get the winking owl, as I didn’t want any of the City sets it came in. The details are great & Ollivanders is just outstanding. 

Now, to wait until tomorrow for the next building. I can do this...I can do this....:look: