Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

However, this has come at the expensive of being able to have lots of classrooms of different teachers and offices and stuff IMO. And it also makes me wonder how they’d do a Forbidden Corridor / Chamber of Secrets set, although I’m sure they’d figure something out!

True, and back then there were only Quirrell, Snape, McGonagal and Lockhart as teachers with classrooms too, now we have all DADA teachers, all heads of houses, Divination and Filch too. 

Having a tower housing either Fluffy's Trapdoor room or Myrtle's bathroom with the rest of the PS chambers/CoS at ground level would work for me. 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nice! As of this morning FedEx says I might even get it today! I’m losing my mind with anticipation 

Me too! Now I’m feeling competitive. I hope mine gets here first! Hehe. If it does, “shall I describe it to you?” :devil:

11 hours ago, kelano said:

I’d love to be in the 9th club, my Washington delivery date has been bumped to the 15th.

Which part of Washington? (if you don't mind me asking) I am in Oregon.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Me too! Now I’m feeling competitive. I hope mine gets here first! Hehe. If it does, “shall I describe it to you?” :devil:

Honestly I think @Balrogofmorgoth would like you to find him a box

Also - Page 666! My lucky number :devil: Maybe we will get some dark sided news today. Fingers crossed it’s that HP-4 is Borgin and Burke’s and it’s coming out as a Christmas surprise lol.

And I forget who said this about the Chamber of Secrets not being possible because it’s an underground set - but I couldn’t disagree more. LEGO could easily make a Room or Requirement sized set where the ground floor is the Chamber and there is a small turret that represents the girls bathroom and has a little trap door so your minifigs can fall down into the Chamber. It could even have another turret that is the Slytherin dorm.

LEGO has shown that the interiors of the castle are very very loosely based on what is actually supposed to be inside them. I see no problem with making the Chamber a ground floor set but still giving it the feeling of being under the girls bathroom. Someone else on here has actually done an excellent mock-up of a small modular set that features the Chamber as well as the girls bathroom and the Slytherin dorm. Whoever that was - do you mind sharing your mock-up again?

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hahahah yesss!

20 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Lol nice, even if mine gets here first I won’t see it until I get home from work later

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Obviously, especially in this instance! Btw I LOVE that the Helms Deep set came with a box for Gimli as an Easter egg

2 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I think the castle sections are always some of the more keenly anticipated sets, so I’d imagine we’ll get a new section one way or another. That being said, it’ll surely come back on itself now as few people would realistically have the space to display anything larger as a single setup...

in other news, I got my minifig delivery yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find only 4 doubles out of 14 bags ordered from Shop Home. I wonder if Lego are making a particular effort to try to help us out?! 

The castle sections are the main appeal, imho. I don't know that I'd have started collecting the theme without the lure of those builds to sucker me in. Everything else is fantastic, but I love the castle itself.

I think next year is going to be very expensive (again). If, as people seem to believe, Gringotts is coming, it will need to be a large 200$+ set to scale properly with the buildings in DA. They're out of scale with the builds in the main line. I'd almost expect it to be another stand alone D2C set. I do hope they have room to include another castle section in the wave.

Mine is still showing delivery by 9/11 phooey!  But I am getting a delivery of parts from B&P today so I'll have something to sort through at least.  I need to order a few flesh toned heads to make some generic students now.  I backed off an auction lot last night that appeared to have a bunch of old HP set pieces because with the outrageous shipping it was getting a little too expensive for my budget and also looked like half was a bunch of vehicles & other non Harry Potter stuff.  Still working my way through the last two boxes I won which appear to have a lot of the previous version of the castle & bridge minus most of the figures although there was a complete McGonagall and all three owls and 3 old style Dementors with one cape.

48 minutes ago, klinton said:

I'd almost expect it to be another stand alone D2C set.

It‘s too early for another D2C set though. Sure, DC got two in a row, but at the cost of an entire wave it seems :wink: Patterns can change, but I don‘t believe it unless I have good reason to. A 120$ set should be enough to do Gringotts justice

I will buy the DA for sure, but I need one small advice: Buy now and get the Brickheadz for free, or wait until there`s VIPx2? I tend to the last option?

1 minute ago, Chilis said:

I will buy the DA for sure, but I need one small advice: Buy now and get the Brickheadz for free, or wait until there`s VIPx2? I tend to the last option?

Depends, what Brickeads means to you? :) I dont care about them and I bought already from my friend in Lego Factory who gets employee discount. So brand new set with friendly 30% discount... I dont need Brickheads for that price :D

Yesterday I finished the build. and it was extensive one. 4,5 days in a row...(dont have much time). Ufff. This is massive one :)

Just now, -_- said:

Who was banned?

You? :D

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s too early for another D2C set though. Sure, DC got two in a row, but at the cost of an entire wave it seems :wink: Patterns can change, but I don‘t believe it unless I have good reason to. A 120$ set should be enough to do Gringotts justice

Wait until you've built DA. It is wildly out of scale with the rest of the line. Which is fine, it's a lovely build. Compare the structres of any of the castle modules to any of the shoppes in DA though, and you'll find them a bit lacking. They'd need to at the very least double the piece count on one of those to produce a Gringotts that wouldn't look positively anemic next to the rest of DA.

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Which part of Washington? (if you don't mind me asking) I am in Oregon.

Greater Seattle area, I'm pretty used to S@H standard shipping taking a while to get out here.

6 minutes ago, klinton said:

Wait until you've built DA. It is wildly out of scale with the rest of the line. Which is fine, it's a lovely build.

I built DA last Thursday :tongue: Every of the 4 sections is roughly worth 100$, so it shouldn‘t be a problem to create a Gringotts in a similar style for 20$ more. You‘re right in that a regular set cannot really be compared to a D2C set, but I still think they can pull it off at that price point :classic:

11 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

You beat me! Haha. Congratulations. Happy building!

Same to you later today! 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just got the advent calendar :thumbup: Out of curiosity: do you shred it to pieces right away or do you wait until December? I was considering the former, but it just feels wrong :laugh_hard: I’ve also never given in to the temptation in the last 9 years 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nice! As of this morning FedEx says I might even get it today! I’m losing my mind with anticipation 

Dude...tell me about it. I woke up to tracking telling me it’s out for delivery...this is going to be a long few hours, the last are the worst. And I heard a delivery truck just now, got all excited. It’s UPS....:sadnew:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just got the advent calendar :thumbup: Out of curiosity: do you shred it to pieces right away or do you wait until December? I was considering the former, but it just feels wrong :laugh_hard: I’ve also never given in to the temptation in the last 9 years 

I 100% shred! Advent calenders are chocolate for me, the ACs are just really expensive lego sets :) 

5 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Dude...tell me about it. I woke up to tracking telling me it’s out for delivery...this is going to be a long few hours, the last are the worst. And I heard a delivery truck just now, got all excited. It’s UPS....:sadnew:

The worst is when a FedEx truck comes into my court and stops at the neighbour’s house. That’s happened to me so many times. 

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I gave my daughter one last year.  She'll get this one in December.  An advent calendar is a tradition in our family, so the Lego version was a special upgrade from what she has done in the past.  If you shred it now, then it really isn't an Advent Calendar, it would be more of a standard Lego set with ridiculously excessive packaging!  Do what feels right to you. :wub: