Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Also, just as a Lego set, it’s a marvelous feat of architecture, brimming with beautiful details, so I’m going to try to appreciate it on its own, rather than waiting for inevitable expand sets to be released

I can absolutely relate this, thinking of other Lego sets I decided not to buy and which take up my space at home now ??

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A Chamber of Secrets set could even include the trio in their Polyjuice attires. We already have Riddle and Myrtle and Ginny is ridiculously easy to make with existing parts so just imagine something like Harry (Goyle), Ron (Crabbe), Hermione (cat), Tom Riddle (reuse), Ginny (made up of reused pieces) and a new Lockhart. Could work fairly well I'd say!

That would be nice indeed. :)

41 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Doing that might cause you to associate the set with the election which could be frustrating if the election results make you unhappy. It might end up being a meter long reminder of something you would rather forget. 

Ugh...you have a fair point, and I’ll take it into consideration.  :classic:

My shipping has now been updated to delivery on Friday instead of Tomorrow.  Was supposedly in Chicago as of 2 hours ago.  Knowing Fedex it could sit there for a day or two before moving on.  I may need to go buy something else now to tide me over.

Just now, karrit said:

My shipping has now been updated to delivery on Friday instead of Tomorrow.  Was supposedly in Chicago as of 2 hours ago.  Knowing Fedex it could sit there for a day or two before moving on.  I may need to go buy something else now to tide me over.

Same here, shipping was slated for Wednesday and has been pushed to Friday. 

Got my Diagon Alley today, and built the first 5 bags (Olivander & Scribbules). Love it so far! 

Will try to space out the build over 4 days, patience permitting...

17 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Good luck with that! I originally intended to build it across two evenings and ended up staying up until 3:30 am to finish it :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good luck with that! I originally intended to build it across two evenings and ended up staying up until 3:30 am to finish it :laugh_hard:

You guys should attend a course with a Zen master like me - I still have four bags left ?

Pfft...amateurs try going a step a day. Still on Bag 7 and got it on Sept 1

Edited by RODDY

Yay !   So, I got my DA delivered yesterday, with time to spare in the day, around 11:30.  Opened the box and found both sets (GWP) in there. But, a huge gash in the front of the box of DA; damaged enough I didn’t want it that way. 
This morning I made sure I was at the LEGO store at opening time; and they exchanged it without problem. 
Got myself Hedwig as well, and one mini figure (Hermoine with butter beer ?, ??), and got the Owl Delivery set as well as the other giveaway which has some kind of motorcycle in it 

Overall pretty happy, and if the forest ? stays away from my Southern California home, I might start building later on !!!

?

14 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Pfft...amateurs try going a step a day. Still on Bag 7 and got it on Sept 1

Where can I book my course?

19 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Yay !   So, I got my DA delivered yesterday, with time to spare in the day, around 11:30.  Opened the box and found both sets (GWP) in there. But, a huge gash in the front of the box of DA; damaged enough I didn’t want it that way. 
This morning I made sure I was at the LEGO store at opening time; and they exchanged it without problem. 
Got myself Hedwig as well, and one mini figure (Hermoine with butter beer ?, ??), and got the Owl Delivery set as well as the other giveaway which has some kind of motorcycle in it 

Overall pretty happy, and if the forest ? stays away from my Southern California home, I might start building later on !!!

?

I would live in constant fear for my Lego collection out there

On 9/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, more awesomer said:

Look back on page 595, there were several versions shared.

Thank you! I couldn’t find the page again (after seerinteresse them weeks ago) so the page number was really helpful 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

A Chamber of Secrets set could even include the trio in their Polyjuice attires. We already have Riddle and Myrtle and Ginny is ridiculously easy to make with existing parts so just imagine something like Harry (Goyle), Ron (Crabbe), Hermione (cat), Tom Riddle (reuse), Ginny (made up of reused pieces) and a new Lockhart. Could work fairly well I'd say!

So everyone else can make predictions- but when I predict we’re getting bell towers with the slytherin dorms bordering the mermaid wall in the clock tower set. I get screamed at....

4 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

So everyone else can make predictions- but when I predict we’re getting bell towers with the slytherin dorms bordering the mermaid wall in the clock tower set. I get screamed at....

You sold it as a rumour, not as a prediction :tongue: These are not the same thing y'know :wink:

@everyone who preordered the CMF series from minifiguremaddness: The preorders will ship between the 14th and 16th, so a bit earlier than anticipated :moar: Can't wait!

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

You guys should attend a course with a Zen master like me - I still have four bags left ?

I have all bags left;... since I brought it home two hours ago,... and am still deciding what to eat for lunch before I start !...

?

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would live in constant fear for my Lego collection out there

Sometimes I do too. But at almost 55 years old, other things tend to be/get more important in live.  
I also have quite a large amount of HO scale trains; and if I have to evacuate I’ll worry about the family first, the pets second, important papers third, some memories and pc towers fourth. 
And if there’s enough room left in any of the cars; we can start bringing things like these (very much wanted !) toys with me/us...

47 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

There's a difference between a suggestion and selfmade rumors

51 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

It’s all in the way you present it. You phrased it as “we’re getting this” rather than “my prediction is we’ll get this”. Big difference, especially with how quickly people run with rumors like that and then before you know it, everyone thinks that’s official information. 

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s all in the way you present it. You phrased it as “we’re getting this” rather than “my prediction is we’ll get this”. Big difference, especially with how quickly people run with rumors like that and then before you know it, everyone thinks that’s official information. 

Ok thank you for clarifying. That makes more sense. I had to say rumor instead of leak for reasons I can’t get into on this forum. For the casual viewer, this is just a ‘prediction’ not a rumor or leak ;)

3 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

This is me & my hope. I did manage to build Voltron over three days...but I’m not as crazed about Voltron like I am HP.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And this will likely be me. I’m trying to stay away from too much pictures on the ol’ Instagram, but I’m pretty sure I’m not going ya want to stop after the first building. 

Mine is getting close...as of noon it was at the last usual check in point before reaching its destination to where it becomes “out for delivery.” While it says Wednesday, I’m hoping for a tomorrow delivery. 

4 hours ago, karrit said:

Or just wait the 4 days, you inpatient knob

On 9/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, Bessabuild said:

but you can definitely expect Gringotts and the bell towers in the next wave, the bell towers will connect to the clock tower, and the mermaid glass of the prefects bathroom will serve as a wall to the slytherin dorms ;) 

This actually makes sense even if this isnt fake, where else would a expansion make sense to connect. 

1 hour ago, Bessabuild said:

Because you came in claiming it was a rumor, and was impersonating a highly respected Lego designer. Make predictions all you'd like, but never phrase it as fact unless you can back it up.

54 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

Ok thank you for clarifying. That makes more sense. I had to say rumor instead of leak for reasons I can’t get into on this forum. For the casual viewer, this is just a ‘prediction’ not a rumor or leak ;)

Please stop pretending you know whats going on when you arent a Lego worker :) especially since you're pretending to be someone you're not.