Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

33 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

It’s now six days after ordering the new Diagon Alley set here in the US, and my order is still listed as “In Warehouse.” Meanwhile, the Razor Crest I ordered at the exact same time just arrived. I really think LEGO intentionally oversold this set to lock in orders and are now scrambling to fulfill them. It’s crazy to think that I ordered the Astronomy Tower set from Zavvi in London back in June and had it in hand within four days. Meanwhile this set hasn’t been shipped yet! Oh, LEGO... Even when you do me wrong, I know I will never quit you.

Glad I'm not alone in it not having shipped. Not expecting to see it for awhile. Something to look forward to yet I guess xD

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I mean it sorta makes sense for the normal CMFs, with LEGO clearly running out of ideas (even though there are still plenty of things they've never done before

I find it hard to believe that it has anything to do with lack of ideas, they always say they have plenty of ideas left in interviews and if that was the case they would just stop the theme cold turkey . Just like they could have given us 16 new characters for HP, but only gave us a few. It is the same with normal series they will give us variations of older figs however that do not mean that they are running out of ideas..:sceptic:
To me it makes most sense that it has something to do with price, either that they lower the cost not to increase the price even further or that they are so pricey now that most kids can not get all 16 (easier to afford 12) :shrug_oh_well:

I'm gonna be honest, if I had enough money I would buy the Cantina over DA. Minifigs are the selling point to me and the vast array of new/cool ones in the Cantina are very cool whereas in DA they're only okay. I will say though that the builds in DA are more interesting.

I finally just got my shipping notice for DA about 20 minutes ago.  According to FedEx, which hasn't even picked it up yet, it is currently scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.  So mine should arrive during what is predicted to be our first freeze & big snowstorm of the year and it isn't even fall here yet.  It's going to be 99 degrees here today & several inches of snow at some point on Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, karrit said:

I finally just got my shipping notice for DA about 20 minutes ago.  According to FedEx, which hasn't even picked it up yet, it is currently scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.  So mine should arrive during what is predicted to be our first freeze & big snowstorm of the year and it isn't even fall here yet.  It's going to be 99 degrees here today & several inches of snow at some point on Tuesday.

Nice! I'm sure mine will come soon. I asked LEGO this morning as chat was surprisingly not busy, and they said "our warehouse team is working through the holiday weekend to get orders out" so that kinda stopped me in my tracks guilty. I'm fine waiting, but it is surprising DA is getting the tortoise treatment as compared to other releases and concurrent releases. 

45 minutes ago, karrit said:

You must be in Colorado too! I got the same shipping notice and I'm really hoping the storm doesn't affect delivery. My birthday is Sept 9th and I took the day off to build DA.

3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

It’s now six days after ordering the new Diagon Alley set here in the US, and my order is still listed as “In Warehouse.” Meanwhile, the Razor Crest I ordered at the exact same time just arrived. I really think LEGO intentionally oversold this set to lock in orders and are now scrambling to fulfill them. It’s crazy to think that I ordered the Astronomy Tower set from Zavvi in London back in June and had it in hand within four days. Meanwhile this set hasn’t been shipped yet! Oh, LEGO... Even when you do me wrong, I know I will never quit you.

This is exactly why I went to a local LEGO store to pick it up. Had the same problem with Pirates of Barracuda Bay, bought it the minute it  went live and it didn’t ship a month later. I didn’t mind waiting because it wasn’t a high priority set, mostly bought it to kill some time in quarantine, but there was no way I was waiting for DA

I think Lego is just way behind on updating shipping notifications. My status just updated today but it says it shipped on Sept 3rd.

23 minutes ago, diagonalley said:

You must be in Colorado too! I got the same shipping notice and I'm really hoping the storm doesn't affect delivery. My birthday is Sept 9th and I took the day off to build DA.

Yes, I'm in Loveland.  So I expect to get some snow since Estes Park is estimated to be getting possibly a foot of snow according to last night's weather report.  Happy soon to be Birthday.  I still haven't gotten my Birthday present yet.  Mine was in June but none of the sets I wanted were released until these past few weeks due to the whole covid thing.  Trying to decide on the Creator Pirate Ship or Hidden Side Castle.  Also the rest of this new HP wave since the only one I have so far is Room of Requirements.

About to finish Olivander's/Scribbulus today. I'm taking my sweet time that's for sure :laugh: I think my roommates are getting a bit peeved that I have the bags spread out all over the living room though lol.

Hope to stay active on the forums still - hopefully by the time DA and new set hype dies down a little we start getting some rumors for next year! I cannot wait for Gringotts.

Is anyone considering trying to make the Gringotts from the 2011 set into a modular? I was lucky enough to find it for a reasonable price a year or so ago and I truly love the set. I don't think it would take too much work. Famous last words though ?

6 minutes ago, karrit said:

Yes, I'm in Loveland.  So I expect to get some snow since Estes Park is estimated to be getting possibly a foot of snow according to last night's weather report.  Happy soon to be Birthday.  I still haven't gotten my Birthday present yet.  Mine was in June but none of the sets I wanted were released until these past few weeks due to the whole covid thing.  Trying to decide on the Creator Pirate Ship or Hidden Side Castle.  Also the rest of this new HP wave since the only one I have so far is Room of Requirements.

Nice! I'm in Centennial. I'm avoiding checking the weather forecast as I was really looking forward to a nice fall day on my birthday and walks in between building DA. With as unpredictable as Colorado weather is, I'm hoping the forecast changes or it misses us.

Finally got my hands on the Forbidden Forest set. The centaurs are great & could definitely fit in CMF packets. So there’s hope of getting more centaurs in the future. 

2 hours ago, diagonalley said:

I think Lego is just way behind on updating shipping notifications. My status just updated today but it says it shipped on Sept 3rd.

I think you’re 100% correct, because I just now got an email from LEGO letting me know that my Diagon Alley set and the Hagrid / Buckbeak GWP shipped on Thursday and will be arriving tomorrow! Before I even finished reading the email, I got a knock on the door and ran downstairs to find the FedEx man leaving a big (but discreet) LEGO shipping box on the porch. I couldn’t believe my luck and immediately tore into... Alas, it was my brother’s Mandalorian Razor Crest set. Oh well. Hopefully only one more day to wait. Hope this is good news for everyone else on the US East Coast still waiting to get their sets!

Damn Hagrid Brickhead already going for around $50 on EBay. Will maybe hold onto it for a year and see what I can get out of it.

3 hours ago, diagonalley said:

Exact same thing with me. Although I’m not actually expecting it to arrive tomorrow because there have been several times when ordering from S@H that the initial shipping notification gives me an estimated delivery date that sounds too soon to be true, and then it ends up changing the estimated delivery date to almost a week later. That’s exactly what happened with my Bespin Duel order 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Hey guys!

So excited by the reaction of the new sets, and it seems to me that everyone is enjoying their builds!

for legal reasons this is not a leak, just a ‘rumor.’

but you can definitely expect Gringotts and the bell towers in the next wave, the bell towers will connect to the clock tower, and the mermaid glass of the prefects bathroom will serve as a wall to the slytherin dorms ;) 

3 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

Hey guys!

So excited by the reaction of the new sets, and it seems to me that everyone is enjoying their builds!

but you can definitely expect Gringotts and the bell towers in the next wave, the bell towers will connect to the clock tower, and the mermaid glass of the prefects bathroom will serve as a wall to the slytherin dorms ;) 

What's the source for this 'rumor'?

20 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

Hey guys!

Marcos???

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Marcos???

Obviously not :laugh_hard: Regardless of wether or not they brand it as a leak or rumor the designers would never reveal such info about future products. And the account is from the US, while Bessa is Portugese and lives in Denmark

26 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

Hey guys!

There's no way this guy is the real Marcos. There's obviously a huge liability and legal aspect to what he can and can't say, and even if he did have an Eurobricks account he'd probably be limited in what he could say. Not to mention no one would drop all that info.

Edit: his account also says he's from the US, which Marcos isn't. Can we get Captain Nemo to get rid of this guy? I thought there was a no impersonation rule. 

Edited by Bowtruckle44

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Obviously not :laugh_hard: Regardless of wether or not they brand it as a leak or rumor the designers would never reveal such info about future products. And the account is from the US, while Bessa is Portugese and lives in Denmark

Haha obviously :laugh_hard: I was just playing along to see what he says. I’ve chatted with Marco several times via Instagram DM. He’s a sweet guy - always responds. I’m happy to give him a heads up that someone is posting “rumors” under his name on this forum.  

1 minute ago, Kid Flash said:

although I don't really trust this info just yet, they are giving weirdly specific info...

So? Anyone can make detailed, fake leaks. Kingnono did it, so did that Voldemort account on here. But thats neither here nor there, so let's move on

10 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

So? Anyone can make detailed, fake leaks. Kingnono did it, so did that Voldemort account on here. But thats neither here nor there, so let's move on

We do not speak of it. :wink: