Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Weird. Seems to be a bit of a norm. I wonder if something happened in the warehouse in the last day or two... I ordered on the 31st the second it became available. I got my shipped email on the 2nd. 

I ordered at 21:00 US West Coast time. Got GWP included and got shipping email confirmation on the 3rd of September. 
But I knew it shipped already in the 2nd because of the FedEx update. 

Weird that it seems to be shutting down now; I wonder if they “oversold” and now they have to make up ?...

:look:

1 hour ago, Myprecious said:

Well, looks like mine has shipped when I check my account now.  Meaning a label has been made with Fedex. Should arrive by the 9th hopefully.  No email from LEGO yet though.

That email will (should) come one or two days later. Mine did. 

I just checked my shipped order online.  TLG gave me the 9th as the delivery date. It just got bumped to the 6th; which is weird, because that would be the Sunday before Labor Day (Holiday here in the US) ?...

17 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

You didn’t get a separate order for the Brickheadz? I got it out of nowhere sometime the following day. I’ve been doing the same, looking at pictures of people who already got & built them. I just can’t look too long, it’s too painful:grin:

Nope! I ordered the AT 10 minutes later to get the GWP, though. That order is in the same delay.

Called customer service the next day. (line was busy most of the day), when I finally got through after an hour and 20 minute wait the GWP was sold out. But they did offer a student set. So eventually I will get the DA, AT, GWP, and student set. Eventually....

Would have been nice to build with my girls this weekend, but oh well.

Nice surprise this evening. After receiving DA yesterday, LEGO sent me another email telling me the Brickheadz GWP I missed will be delivered over the weekend. Can't fault that for customer service.

Update: Saturday 10am: Brickheadz arrived. That was super quick.

Edited by CLK143

10 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

Nice surprise this evening. After receiving DA yesterday, LEGO sent me another email telling me the Brickheadz GWP I missed will be delivered over the weekend. Can't fault that for customer service.

Hahaha. I wish they would send me an e-mail saying that ANYTHING had been sent out! :-D

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

I ordered at 21:00 US West Coast time. Got GWP included and got shipping email confirmation on the 3rd of September. 
But I knew it shipped already in the 2nd because of the FedEx update. 

Weird that it seems to be shutting down now; I wonder if they “oversold” and now they have to make up ?...

:look:

Weird indeed. I also received my shipping email of the Brickheadz yesterday, even while others who ordered at the same time are getting delays. 

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Nope! I ordered the AT 10 minutes later to get the GWP, though. That order is in the same delay.

Called customer service the next day. (line was busy most of the day), when I finally got through after an hour and 20 minute wait the GWP was sold out. But they did offer a student set. So eventually I will get the DA, AT, GWP, and student set. Eventually....

Would have been nice to build with my girls this weekend, but oh well.

Well, minor headache turns out to be a win-win. GWP and free Student Pack. Be sure to give your fingers a good rest, that’s a lot of building doing your way...eventually. :tongue:

7 hours ago, Yaxley said:

O co dokładnie chodzi ? Planowana jest nowa gra lego ? 

Chodzi o to że dzieci tego osoba bawią się że Thanos i Voldemort razem są w jednym grupie. Słowo "gra" w tym okazji miała być przetłumacząne jako "bawić" a nie "gra".

(Translation: It's about children of that person playing that Thanos and Voldemort teamed up. The word "play" was incorrectly translated to "game" instead of "to play".)

Basically that user's translator translated the word play to the word game in Polish and they were confused and thought that LEGO was making a new game.

So DA arrived in the mail earlier today! Had to go to work soon after it arrived, but I’ve just finished the first booklet with Ollivanders and Scribbulus (~3 hours build time), and let me tell you, pictures really don’t do the set justice. Hoping to finish it all tomorrow! 

Just opened my box of Series 2 minifigures.  I did get 3 sets in the box and the distribution the same as Brickset's post.  Absolutely love the new beer glass.

My box has:

5x Dumbledore
5x Griphook
5x Moaning Myrtle
4x Harry
4x Hermione
4x Ron
4x Neville
4x Prof. Sprout
4x Luna
3x Lily Potter
3x James Potter
3x Ginny
3x Fred
3x George
3x Bellatrix
3x Kingsley

Today I got the Brickheadz as part of a shipment (sadly DA will have to wait until probably next year), and I had also purchased 8 minifigures. And with those 8...NO DUPLICATES.  I feel like I hit the minifigure lottery. Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Myrtle, Griphook, Lily, and James are all fantastic. And now finally have the Burrow and Room of Requirement to build. Better late than never! 

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really wanted to display it in it's entire 1 meter long form so I bought a headboard to attach to the end of my bed :tongue: Already filled the alley and the shop's interiors with both custom and existing figures, now just waiting for the CMF so I can add even more! 

Screenshot_56.png

Very nice :thumbup: Looks like you have plenty of space to add to it in case we (hopefully) get expansions! Don’t you worry about dust though? Trust me, I know what it means to have sets on display in close proximity to one’s bed :grin: I had to deal with that for years before I moved out from my parents’ place two years ago

For those who have Diagon Alley in hand, could you please let me know what exact colours the Quidditch robes are. Is it Dark Blue and Yellow? Just trying to figure out which capes to get! :-D

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

For those who have Diagon Alley in hand, could you please let me know what exact colours the Quidditch robes are. Is it Dark Blue and Yellow? Just trying to figure out which capes to get! :-D

Yes dark blue and regular yellow

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Very nice :thumbup: Looks like you have plenty of space to add to it in case we (hopefully) get expansions! Don’t you worry about dust though? Trust me, I know what it means to have sets on display in close proximity to one’s bed :grin: I had to deal with that for years before I moved out from my parents’ place two years ago

I was thinking about putting glass around it but with a possible Gringotts set coming next year idk if it's a good idea to do right now (don't know how big that'll be). As annoying as dust is I've gotten used to it though, I've only got 1 fully closed display cabinet so the rest of my sets are ''out in the open'' and need dusting every 3-4 weeks :tongue: And as the only place large enough to fit DA in it's entirety is where I've currently got my Hogwarts setup (and obviously that wasn't going to get moved anywhere) this was the best (and only) solution to my little space problem :grin:

Definitely going to have to try to go to a LEGO store to get my complete set of HP series 2 figures... got asked to leave another shop today... does anyone know if Stratford's store (UK) has them ready felt?

So if Promobricks' most recent rumor is true it looks like Harry Potter Series 2 is the last CMF series to get 16 figures. Starting in 2021 each series will only contain 12 figures and have 2 box sizes: 36 and 72 bags. Prices will remain the same as they are now. 

FYI for those that pre-ordered the set of 16 CMF from theminifigurestore.uk mine shipped yesterday by air mail to Canada, 11 days ahead of schedule!

It was an especially good day since my DA shipped too.

I had a frustrating experience with the GWP's even though it worked out very well but not as I had intended.  My plan was for a big order, DA, Burrow, student set, ROR and calendar. I stayed up until 1am my time and jumped on them as soon as DA came live.  But every time I tried to add multiple items to the cart it kicked me out of my account.  So I had to do separate orders.  DA first, though I was so quick that the GWP hadn't gone live.  Then the Burrow as a set, then finally by the time I got to the rest it let me put them all in the cart together.  The 3rd order shipped right away with GWP, the Burrow is backordered with a GWP and I had to call Lego directly to get one attached to the DA set.  After a 1 hour hold they did it as a separate order but it cancelled almost instantly when I went back to look at my orders.  So another hour on hold, got through to a guy, told him the story and he said he would reorder and monitor it himself.  But then it cancelled again.  I gave up bothering but that night an order appeared and went to warehouse for the GWP!  So it seems I ended up with 3. I will give one to my 6 yr old daughter and likely sell the other two to offset the cost of DA...and all the other sets as the credit card is on fire right now...even more so since the new Batwing leaked and I have to have that to go with the 1989 BM.

I am very jealous of all of you building DA now because I am taking a week off work between XMAS and NY to do it as a family build and that is a LONG time away and that box is going to sit looking at me just begging to be built!  I have Privet Drive, Grawp and AT to pass the time this long weekend and will put up new shelves in the Lego room ready for DA.

14 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Wait they can ship over the weekends? I thought Lego only delivered on work days.

Shipping and delivering aren't the same thing

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Shipping and delivering aren't the same thing

That's true. You learn something new every day on this forum.

I had a great experience at the LEGO Store in Leeds UK. All figures were sorted into labelled bags, so I grabbed one of each.

I ended up with two Freds, but swapped one for Sprout an hour later without any issues. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

So if Promobricks' most recent rumor is true it looks like Harry Potter Series 2 is the last CMF series to get 16 figures. Starting in 2021 each series will only contain 12 figures and have 2 box sizes: 36 and 72 bags. Prices will remain the same as they are now. 

Interesting. I’m okay with this...except where HP is concerned. I want more HP, not less. Well, the current amount of HP...it’s easier to keep up with just the one wave a year. I do like the options for box size. I wonder if that means we’ll get two sets per small box & an assortment of others, or three exactly...

Just now, Vindicare said:

Interesting. I’m okay with this...except where HP is concerned. I want more HP, not less. Well, the current amount of HP...it’s easier to keep up with just the one wave a year. I do like the options for box size. I wonder if that means we’ll get two sets per small box & an assortment of others, or three exactly...

I mean it sorta makes sense for the normal CMFs, with LEGO clearly running out of ideas (even though there are still plenty of things they've never done before) but if this stretches to licensed CMFs as well that would really suck as each of them still has plenty of potential CMF candidates :sceptic:

It’s now six days after ordering the new Diagon Alley set here in the US, and my order is still listed as “In Warehouse.” Meanwhile, the Razor Crest I ordered at the exact same time just arrived. I really think LEGO intentionally oversold this set to lock in orders and are now scrambling to fulfill them. It’s crazy to think that I ordered the Astronomy Tower set from Zavvi in London back in June and had it in hand within four days. Meanwhile this set hasn’t been shipped yet! Oh, LEGO... Even when you do me wrong, I know I will never quit you.