Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

So... has anyone got any particularly good suggestions on what getting duplicates of the CMF figures might be useful for? Got my set, but wondering if there's any I should get extras of. :-D

Griphook is the obvious answer for creating your own Gringott’s goblins. Also I like having multiples of the Sword of Gryffindor - one for display in Dumbledores office, one for Neville, one for Harry. Neville is a good one if you want more copies of the Monster Book for a Care of Magical Creatures display from the first day of class where they meet Buckbeak. And if you want to get a head start on your collection of Butterbeer mugs for when the Hogsmeade D2C inevitably comes out, Ron and Hermione.

Edit: and how could I forget Harry? This one was a big surprise for me. I expected Harry to be a meh minifig but he is one of my favorites of the set. His legs could be used and reused for several of your own custom minifigs - the jeans are so detailed they even have stitching down the sides, a tiny belt print on the waist, and shoe prints on the feet. The copy of Advanced Potions he comes with is also one of my favorite accessories in this series. The color palette and the quality of the printing on that book is just... *chef’s kiss*

Edited by sebastian666

4 minutes ago, RODDY said:

If we’re comparing Diagon Alley and Mos Eisley Cantina without looking at the interiors so far, I think they are both great sets for different reasons. On the exterior, DA has it beat with all the fun colors compared to the browns and tans. However, what’s really tempting me to buy this set is the minifig selection which imo the Cantina has DA beat. All those molds for the aliens such as Ponda Baba, Garidan, Ithorian, and the Bith musicians are incredible. Always been a sucker for the MBS sets because they introduce a bunch of rare minifigs like Betrayal At Cloud City had those Cloud Car Pilots, Bespin Luke, Bespin Lando etc. If it wasn’t for them, I would probably be able to pass this. The other comparison is price, I think $350 for Mos Eisley is decent though it seems a tad small, where Diagon Alley is a monster of a $400 set. If I was short on money I’d buy Diagon Alley first but I need something to open Christmas still so I’m getting the Cantina regardless.

I'm seriously considering getting the Cantina too as it does look amazing. But I can't really justify this as I already got DA. Damn you LEGO for making so many great (big) sets! :P But okay back on the topic of Harry Potter, I've just cracked bag 3 of DA, I'm slowly but surely getting the first section completed. =D

Package from DPD just arrived, box was damaged and instead of Diagon Alley there was just the advent calendar (which I didn't order) and the Brickheadz set! (which was badly crushed). Never had this problem with the LEGO in the past. Going to try my luck with customer services now, so disappointed :(

19 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

Package from DPD just arrived, box was damaged and instead of Diagon Alley there was just the advent calendar (which I didn't order) and the Brickheadz set! (which was badly crushed). Never had this problem with the LEGO in the past. Going to try my luck with customer services now, so disappointed :(

RIP, good luck! :/

11 hours ago, more awesomer said:

Okay, I checked, I'm still 'in Warehouse' but here's something to consider.  I placed an order for DA on Monday, just after midnight, it was T357xxxxxx.  I placed a second order around 10am the following morning (for other HP sets)....  That order number was T362xxxxxx... 

Mine is still in warehouse and I have a T362xxxxxx order number too! ? I shouldn't have waited those extra 5 minutes to get those darn Brickheadz.

Edited by diagonalley

1 hour ago, jmckrew said:

Gutted for you. Mine arrived this afternoon, also via DPD, with a tennis-ball sized hole punched through the outside box. Luckily it hadn't damaged the DA box itself. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Edited by CLK143

Sucks to hear your DPD deliveries were pretty bad. Mine arrived in pretty much perfect condition, no dents or holes whatsoever. The only thing I'm not fully satisfied with is that I wasn't at all notified of the delivery, I was extremely lucky to come home just as the delivery guy rang the bell. 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sucks to hear your DPD deliveries were pretty bad. Mine arrived in pretty much perfect condition, no dents or holes whatsoever. The only thing I'm not fully satisfied with is that I wasn't at all notified of the delivery, I was extremely lucky to come home just as the delivery guy rang the bell. 

I got an email at 08:42 that DPD would be delivering in the window 09:08 - 10:08. So I too was lucky I am working at home.

1 minute ago, Salix said:

I got an email at 08:42 that DPD would be delivering in the window 09:08 - 10:08. So I too was lucky I am working at home.

I got the email about 20 hours after the package had been delivered :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I got the email about 20 hours after the package had been delivered :tongue:

I got the mail that it was delivered 20 hours later after it was delivered too. :tongue:

Edited by Salix

Some people have asked about Free vs Expedited shipping.  I opted for Free shipping.  Order placed Sept 1.  Order acknowledgement e-mail 20 minutes after order placed.  Order shipped e-mail, early am, on Sept 3, with tracking number indicating Fedex will be delivering tomorrow!  

Just a data point to add to the pile.

The only open question...  what condition will it arrive in...

I'm in the Warehouse Limbo as well, luckily I still have half of an NES left to build.

My only other recent HP set is the microscale Hogwarts, does anyone have any recommendations for getting good figs for populating DA?

10 minutes ago, Nerks said:

Hi Guys - How much is the cheapest CMF S2 there in US or UK? :)

They cost $4.99 (USD), if you can even find them.  Walmart has been known to sell collectible minifigures for $3.44, so time will tell.  

5 minutes ago, teos said:

They cost $4.99 (USD), if you can even find them.  Walmart has been known to sell collectible minifigures for $3.44, so time will tell.  

Oh great.. thought I bought an expensive one.. was able to get a box for 205usd here.. :excited:

59 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

Anyone here built Diagon Alley yet? Curious to hear how long it takes.

I didn't really pay attention on the first day. I was at it most of the day, until my back and fingertips (so many little 1x1 plates to align perfectly) hurt too much to continue. It took me about three hours to build WWW yesterday though. In comparison, it took me about an hour to build 4 Privet Drive this morning.

There are suddenly so many sets to build, after months of nothing but minifigs and polybags here. I'm almost there though. Just the Astronomy Tower, Grawp, Headwig, and the RoR to go. I should be all caught up by this weekend! :)

1 hour ago, OneThousand said:

Anyone here built Diagon Alley yet? Curious to hear how long it takes.

I like to time myself for huge sets like this, so my end time was around 14 hours. I did pause for breaks/sleeping/eating/bathroom, and I did get distracted a couple of times.

Something I found interesting was that Microscale Hogwarts also took me 14 hours

Haha, kudos to CS once again. I got an email this morning which reads, 

Dear LEGO fan, 

Thanks for your recent order!

An invisibility spell was cast on Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz set that should’ve been included with your purchase. We’ve used a charm to counter the spell and make sure the set is on its way to you! You’ll receive another email once Hagrid and Buckbeak leave our warehouse. They’ll arrive separately from the rest of your order. 

Love it. 

Wow why does Star Wars get to blow HP out of the water with minifigures? I think DA is the better set overall, especially for the price, but DA’s weakest part is definitely the minifigures.

Though I guess this is counteracted a bit by CMF 2 existing.

10 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Has anybody in the USA had their order ship yet if so in which area are you?

shipping from Illinois to Michigan. Scheduled delivery via Fedex on Friday.

13 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Yes. Mine did yesterday. I’m in southern CA area. Around San Diego. 

14 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Supposed to get here next Wednesday; just too late for the long weekend. :wall:

35 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Yesterday. Set to be delivered on the 9th. 

54 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Finally got shipping updates late last night, currently in transit from Illinois to Nebraska, expected delivery is tomorrow :laugh: