Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Finally got my hands on the student accessory pack and a complete cmf series yesterday. Also got an empty box for display, but it was no regular cmf box but one half the size of one. Never seen that before, but it certainly makes a fine addition to my collection, actually like it better as it mixes stuff up and takes up less space.

Also got the gwp polybag at Kruidvat for only 3 euro, so that was a nice surprise. And they seem to have plenty.

Finally I found the Harry VS Draco box set with the pop up display card thingy. Was finally able to see the diagon alley on it and it's actually an illustration of the 2011 one, which was really weird to see with the new figures running around. I quite like it.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Finally got my hands on the student accessory pack and a complete cmf series yesterday. Also got an empty box for display, but it was no regular cmf box but one half the size of one. Never seen that before, but it certainly makes a fine addition to my collection, actually like it better as it mixes stuff up and takes up less space.

Also got the gwp polybag at Kruidvat for only 3 euro, so that was a nice surprise. And they seem to have plenty.

Finally I found the Harry VS Draco box set with the pop up display card thingy. Was finally able to see the diagon alley on it and it's actually an illustration of the 2011 one, which was really weird to see with the new figures running around. I quite like it.

Are you able to share a picture of the box you are talking about? I've never seen anything like it!

Also, has anyone else been first to a box to find that all the fred and georges have been sitting on top of all the other packets in the box? The were lying on top and not in line with the rest and they were all the same 2 figures.

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Nice! You must be one of the first in the USA! Do you mind if I ask what type of shipping you chose? Free or Expedited?

As much as I wanted to do faster shipping, $40 on top of what I spent wasn’t gonna happen. I’m sure I’ll regret it come day three...:tongue:

14 hours ago, diagonalley said:

Has anyone in the US had their order ship yet? Mine is still in warehouse ?

Still in warehouse too. But I called yesterday and he told me it would ship by Friday ?...

Let’s hope it will be like that... ? 

? 

54 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Are you able to share a picture of the box you are talking about? I've never seen anything like it!

Sure, I can share it later today. Was really surprised about it myself xD.

16 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Still in warehouse too. But I called yesterday and he told me it would ship by Friday ?...

Let’s hope it will be like that... ? 

?

I ordered Bespin at launch on the 26th, it shipped the 28th.

I pre-ordered the Razorcrest in Feb. and it shipped on September 1st.

I pre-ordered Hedwig in July and it shipped today.

Ordered DA, and then the AT at launch after missing out on the GWP, and both are still listed as Warehouse like everyone else.

It definitely seems they are shipping the pre-orders that launched on 1st, and then working on the rest so I would think DA's ordered at midnight start to go out late Thursday and early Friday.

All i know is there is alot of Lego coming!

My order shipped. Order number started with T362xxxxx, and included extra sets and the GWP. 
I didn’t get the shipping email yet from LEGO; but it says shipped in the order history and FedEx already gave me a tracking number as well. 
I’m in California and ordered at 2100 local time. 

Happy to see it arrive this soon, let’s hope it doesn’t get lost it something ?... ?

1 minute ago, Wimmer said:

My order shipped. Order number started with T362xxxxx, and included extra sets and the GWP. 
I didn’t get the shipping email yet from LEGO; but it says shipped in the order history and FedEx already gave me a tracking number as well. 
I’m in California and ordered at 2100 local time. 

Happy to see it arrive this soon, let’s hope it doesn’t get lost it something ?... ?

Nice!

I have a T362XXXXXX as well, but ordered too soon and didnt get the GWP. In California as well, I guess they don't ship in order! lol!

Heres hoping everyone's shipments arrive safe, and as soon as possible!

The Mos Eisley leak shows that it has 21 figures, most of which are unique. Kind of jealous that DA didn't get the same treatment in terms of minifigs, but I still think the detail in the set itself makes up for it.

41 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

The Mos Eisley leak shows that it has 21 figures, most of which are unique. Kind of jealous that DA didn't get the same treatment in terms of minifigs, but I still think the detail in the set itself makes up for it.

Well In the end it had 17 so that was a lot better than 14, however what is the cost per part of the SW set? probably a lot more with the huge Disney tax :hmpf:

Those who are looking for CMFs, have you not heard about Bricklink, if you are a little patient you can get al the figs you want there for a decent price :wink:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Well In the end it had 17 so that was a lot better than 14, however what is the cost per part of the SW set? probably a lot more with the huge Disney tax :hmpf:

Those who are looking for CMFs, have you not heard about Bricklink, if you are a little patient you can get al the figs you want there for a decent price :wink:

I have heard of Bricklink, but have no idea what this "patience" is that you speak of! :-D

Also, I bet that Mos Eisley Cantina looks great on the inside, but it's kind of boring to look at from the outside. Which is more the nature of the building than the set design. But yeah, much more excited about my DA! :-D

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

however what is the cost per part of the SW set? probably a lot more with the huge Disney tax :hmpf:

Yeah it's not good at all, at least more costly than 10 cents per piece.

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

3187 parts and 350 euro :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Where as DA is 7 cents per piece (5544 pieces / €400/$400).

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

3187 parts and 350 euro :laugh_hard:

That’s not really a fair comparison though :wink: DA introduces one new mould (the wand box) whereas the Cantina includes at least three new moulds, a big moulded creature, a lot of recoloured parts, and other moulds we haven’t seen for ages. Also, piece count alone is not that useful of a metric given how different their size can be. I think DA has a lot more small parts than the Cantina does. Plus the license fees between the themes aren’t necessarily similar.

Anyway, I love both of these sets and can’t wait for them :wub:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s not really a fair comparison though :wink: DA introduces one new mould (the wand box) whereas the Cantina includes at least three new moulds, a big moulded creature, a lot of recoloured parts, and other moulds we haven’t seen for ages. Also, piece count alone is not that useful of a metric given how different their size can be. I think DA has a lot more small parts than the Cantina does. Plus the license fees between the themes aren’t necessarily similar.

Anyway, I love both of these sets and can’t wait for them :wub:

True, true, the Cantina does look nice. :)

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Plus the license fees between the themes aren’t necessarily similar.

That is the point, Disney are way to greedy so it affects the pricing of the sets in a bad way :wink:
The set looks nice to be a SW set since it is not a boring ship as usual.. However I will save my money and use them on HP instead :tongue:

Sorry for the OT:blush:

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As much as I wanted to do faster shipping, $40 on top of what I spent wasn’t gonna happen. I’m sure I’ll regret it come day three...:tongue:

Yeah I have to admit, my hand hovered over that “expedited” button for a few seconds. I’m in the same boat though, that’s $40 I can put towards the Mos Eisley Cantina!

Well, my Razor Crest (or Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport lol) shipped this morning, but Diagon Alley has still yet to ship. I ordered both at the exact same time - 12:02am on September 1st. I wonder what’s taking so long for East Coast orders of Diagon Alley to ship...

11 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Well, my Razor Crest (or Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport lol) shipped this morning, but Diagon Alley has still yet to ship. I ordered both at the exact same time - 12:02am on September 1st. I wonder what’s taking so long for East Coast orders of Diagon Alley to ship...

My DA has shipped, and my second order is still processing.  Looks like the shipping crews are doing a great job.  Hopefully everything will be in motion by tomorrow.

The set of Diagon Alley is gorgeous and I will eventually buy it (when my finances will permit it!), but to see the amount and care for the figures in the Mos Eisley Cantina set leaves a bitter taste to say the least

DA just arrived via dpd. Looks amazing. Will wait until the weekend to start building it with my sons. 

So... has anyone got any particularly good suggestions on what getting duplicates of the CMF figures might be useful for? Got my set, but wondering if there's any I should get extras of. :-D

If we’re comparing Diagon Alley and Mos Eisley Cantina without looking at the interiors so far, I think they are both great sets for different reasons. On the exterior, DA has it beat with all the fun colors compared to the browns and tans. However, what’s really tempting me to buy this set is the minifig selection which imo the Cantina has DA beat. All those molds for the aliens such as Ponda Baba, Garidan, Ithorian, and the Bith musicians are incredible. Always been a sucker for the MBS sets because they introduce a bunch of rare minifigs like Betrayal At Cloud City had those Cloud Car Pilots, Bespin Luke, Bespin Lando etc. If it wasn’t for them, I would probably be able to pass this. The other comparison is price, I think $350 for Mos Eisley is decent though it seems a tad small, where Diagon Alley is a monster of a $400 set. If I was short on money I’d buy Diagon Alley first but I need something to open Christmas still so I’m getting the Cantina regardless.