Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I looked up my order history and all of a sudden there‘s a new order with a timestamp of today, consisting of the Brickheadz *huh* I did not expect them to add the GWP after the fact because they‘ve never done so before, but I appreciate that move very much :thumbup: Their customer service truly deserve every bit of praise they’re getting!

I got another shipping confirmation today which confused me at first until I saw it's for the Brickheadz ? That's definitely next-level customer service! It's definitely not cheap for them to send out the set and the GWP separately ?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Spend a couple of hours building the Ollivanders/Scribbulus section and my god that was an amazing experience. 

Same - and I couldn't agree more to this! The colors on these two are just perfect and the interiors look gorgeous. I now need to force myself not to rush too much on the building process because I want to enjoy it as long as possible ?

I hadn’t seen this mentioned, I noticed my Privet Drive box doesn’t have the piece count on it, but the AT & RoR does. Weird. 

16 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I got another shipping confirmation today which confused me at first until I saw it's for the Brickheadz ? That's definitely next-level customer service! It's definitely not cheap for them to send out the set and the GWP separately ?

I have it in my account as well now. Not that I mind free LEGO, but I haven't contacted them about it.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

I do film and video game scoring as my career, but with a little bit of free time during the slow work year, I've decided to apply for a part-time job at my local Lego store. Would be a fun thing to do during the day while I write during the other hours :)

That sounds like an awesome job. :)

30 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I hadn’t seen this mentioned, I noticed my Privet Drive box doesn’t have the piece count on it, but the AT & RoR does. Weird. 

I 'heard' recently that the European boxes/packaging doesn't list the part count, but the packaging that arrives in the USA is required to list the part count.  If that is true, then it sounds like fulfillment came maybe a bit too directly from Lego homeland!? :pir-blush: (I really have no idea)

28248959_Privetcount.jpg.b5f4b81cb2d4ddc0275813f4eba4a6af.jpg

This is what I found on the USA Amazon.com page.

Edited by more awesomer
Added image

Has anyone placed an order today (within the last hour) and gotten the GWP added?  I'm not even seeing it in the list of offers/promotions on the site anymore :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, SassQueen said:

Has anyone placed an order today (within the last hour) and gotten the GWP added?  I'm not even seeing it in the list of offers/promotions on the site anymore :sceptic:

You are right, the USA website is back to offering free shipping for orders over $35.

We must have crushed their initial run of Brickheadz inventory.  Will be interesting if they recover in the next few days to honor the original intent of 15 days of promotion, or whether it turning into a 'while supplies last' situation.

The dutch lego site didn’t ship within Europe :( Any other tips for ordering the cmf in Europe? I’ve only found some British site, but it was significantly more expensive (About 80 euros instead of 55)

28 minutes ago, SassQueen said:

I tried to order a few hours ago, and couldn't get the GWP online.  I was able to add it to my cart yesterday, but got distracted with work.

24 minutes ago, more awesomer said:

You are right, the USA website is back to offering free shipping for orders over $35.

We must have crushed their initial run of Brickheadz inventory.  Will be interesting if they recover in the next few days to honor the original intent of 15 days of promotion, or whether it turning into a 'while supplies last' situation. 

In my experience, all of the GWP are just "while supplies last".

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone in the US who ordered from LEGO S@H at midnight on Monday had their order ship yet? Mine still says “In Warehouse.”

Same here as well, hopefully that just means it hasn’t been updated and the orders are already on their way

1 hour ago, more awesomer said:

I 'heard' recently that the European boxes/packaging doesn't list the part count, but the packaging that arrives in the USA is required to list the part count.  If that is true, then it sounds like fulfillment came maybe a bit too directly from Lego homeland!? :pir-blush: (I really have no idea)

28248959_Privetcount.jpg.b5f4b81cb2d4ddc0275813f4eba4a6af.jpg

This is what I found on the USA Amazon.com page.

Yeah, I knew about the overseas product being here, but it has a sticker added to have the necessary info. I’ve seen a handful of those on store shelves, but not boxes without(that I noticed anyways). 

Walmart is selling the Harry Potter Advent calendar with a 25% discount if anyone was interested!

2 hours ago, 8fifty said:

I now need to force myself not to rush too much on the building process because I want to enjoy it as long as possible 

Usually it would be the same for me but I wasn't expecting the order to arrive untill friday so I've still got plenty of things to do before I finally have a good amount of free time :laugh_hard: Did manage to get up to bag 7 today and the experience has been great so far, Marcos really did an excellent job with this one!

1 hour ago, more awesomer said:

GWPs are always 'while supplies last' 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone in the US who ordered from LEGO S@H at midnight on Monday had their order ship yet? Mine still says “In Warehouse.”

Same

56 minutes ago, Rotkevos said:

Walmart is selling the Harry Potter Advent calendar with a 25% discount if anyone was interested!

Ahhh! Thanks for sharing! I see my store has it in stock so I'm going to pick that up now. No guilt if it's on sale! 

2 hours ago, more awesomer said:

GWPs always specify "Offer is available while supplies last only" although this may be the first time an offer sold out in less than a day.  Demand must have been much greater than Lego expected.

2 hours ago, Rotkevos said:

Costco in USA has it for $29.95 as well...

Just finished Ollivanders and Scribbulus. I must say, I'm liking the design quality of this reboot of Harry Potter much more than the latest Star Wars sets. I'll be building one building/baseplate per day. I can't wait to get my hands on most of the CMF and the Hogwarts students pack to add to the DA.

Here's hoping TLG makes Gringotts in the same style as this set. :moar:

*takes a deep breath* IT SHIPPED! :excited: Now the impatience begins. 

As I built Privet Drive, and watched CoS, it got me so much more excited for this set. 

I'm just feeling so relieved that my local Kmart finally got the CMF, so I have managed to feel all 20 that I wanted. Diagon Alley is ordered from LEGO, Advent Calender is ordered from Amazon. I can finally sit back and relax now. :-D Also managed to get the LEGO Roller coaster on Kmart in the 30 minutes it was available for. So that's our family Christmas present sorted too! :-D

58 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

*takes a deep breath* IT SHIPPED! :excited: Now the impatience begins. 

As I built Privet Drive, and watched CoS, it got me so much more excited for this set. 

Nice! You must be one of the first in the USA! Do you mind if I ask what type of shipping you chose? Free or Expedited?

46 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Nice! You must be one of the first in the USA! Do you mind if I ask what type of shipping you chose? Free or Expedited?

Okay, I checked, I'm still 'in Warehouse' but here's something to consider.  I placed an order for DA on Monday, just after midnight, it was T357xxxxxx.  I placed a second order around 10am the following morning (for other HP sets)....  That order number was T362xxxxxx...  Anyone care to take a guess at how many of those 5 million orders received a complementary Hagrid and Buckbeak!!?

Now I'm making some assumptions about the Order Numbering, but 5 million packages to deliver is going to take some time...  

With gratitude to everyone involved from the initial idea to the person who will be placing my orders on my front porch.