Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

delivery sometimes took a week. My DA has arrived too in Holland. Yesterday the micoscale DA arrived and i expected AC to arrive later today also :D

Lol, I'm expecting to get AC later today as well. Have fun building! =D

Got the complete hp minifigures series 2 today from the mailman. Paid €55 for the complete set at a dutch website. :wub:

Now save some cash for DA... 

Edited by Magnum

Just now, Magnum said:

Got the complete hp minifigures series 2 today from the mailman. Paid for €55 for the complete set at a dutch website. :wub:

Now save some cash for DA... 

Which Dutch site?

5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Jans-steen, a Lego shop in woerden. 

Thanks! *adds to list of Dutch LEGO (web)shops*

45 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Lego released their 1H 2020 financial results today... guess which theme replaced Marvel as a top-selling theme!

Awesome!! And that doesn't even include the second half with the summer wave of sets ?

14 minutes ago, Salix said:

Thanks! *adds to list of Dutch LEGO (web)shops*

You are welcome. I never heard of the store before,  but my order came through perfectly! And the store donates a part of your money to charity too. 

50 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Lego released their 1H 2020 financial results today... guess which theme replaced Marvel as a top-selling theme!

Since the themes aren’t listed in any particular order, you can’t say which of the other themes it dethroned :tongue: Ninjago, Friends, and City are also curiously missing :innocent:

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

It's absolutely bonkers that Diagon Alley was available to Australians before all of you in Europe and you guys are receiving them (or about to) and ours haven't even been shipped yet. This is why I never buy from LEGO! Rofl.

It makes sense that freight delivered by short land / sea journeys gets delivered faster within Europe than others going half way round the world. Air freight space is severely limited, which is why many postal services are increasing prices for airmail, so it is not that big a surprise that large volume but half-empty LEGO boxes will take some time to get half way around the world.

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

It makes sense that freight delivered by short land / sea journeys gets delivered faster within Europe than others going half way round the world. Air freight space is severely limited, which is why many postal services are increasing prices for airmail, so it is not that big a surprise that large volume but half-empty LEGO boxes will take some time to get half way around the world.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that the sets are sent from within Australia. I couldn't order the Burrow until Australia had stock that they could send out. So if it's from Australian stock which they must have for the item to be available in the first place then the delivery distance should be short just like within europe. Nothing to do with going across the world. It also doesn't explain why it is still sitting in the warehouse, rather than at some postal depot. Also if our stock was coming from supplies half way across the world then the student pack wouldn't still be saying "coming soon"

Not complaining or arguing. Just explaining the logic behind my original thoughts.

And just checked, our sets get sent from a warehouse in Sydney. I just think LEGO doesn't have a great deal of human resources here.

It's just hard not having any idea whether you are going to see your set in the next week or in another month (like my Burrow). 

Edited by chris6507

46 minutes ago, Magnum said:

You are welcome. I never heard of the store before,  but my order came through perfectly! And the store donates a part of your money to charity too. 

Tbh, I had heard of that store before when I was at a convention pre-corona or perhaps when I was googling, but I forgot about them. :S

22 minutes ago, diagonalley said:

Has anyone in the US had their order ship yet? Mine is still in warehouse ?

Same with mine.

I actually didn’t end up ordering Diagon Alley.  As beautiful and awe-inspiring as the set is, I can’t justify $400 in the middle of the year for:

-No Gringotts or Borgin and Burke’s 

-Missing essential characters (and only relatively few unique minifigure parts)

-Lots of stickers

-Missing other shops that are actually part of the Alley

-Way out of scale and detail level with my current Hogwarts setup

This all makes me slightly sad, but I will probably still get the Advent Calendar.  :classic:

50 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that the sets are sent from within Australia. I couldn't order the Burrow until Australia had stock that they could send out. So if it's from Australian stock which they must have for the item to be available in the first place then the delivery distance should be short just like within europe. Nothing to do with going across the world. It also doesn't explain why it is still sitting in the warehouse, rather than at some postal depot. Also if our stock was coming from supplies half way across the world then the student pack wouldn't still be saying "coming soon"

Not complaining or arguing. Just explaining the logic behind my original thoughts.

And just checked, our sets get sent from a warehouse in Sydney. I just think LEGO doesn't have a great deal of human resources here.

It's just hard not having any idea whether you are going to see your set in the next week or in another month (like my Burrow). 

The postal system is buggered in Melbourne at the moment due to covid and a lot of our mail is being shipped up to sydney to be sorted. I ordered some bricks off someone about twenty minute drive from me but they have gone to Sydney. I've stopped checking the tracking, it will come when it comes.  But yeah my Diagon alley is in the warehouse too. I hope it doesn't take weeks to get here. 

7 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

Try using another browser! google chrome helps!

Tried different browsers both on my computer and mobile, no luck. I don't know what's up with my account, I've been a VIP for over a year :/

The Burrow just went out of stock on S@H in the US, while DA is still available (not even on backorder yet). Not gonna lie - I really didn't see that coming, especially considering The Burrow is also available at Target (and has been for a couple weeks).

I was definetely surprised to see my order arrive earlier today. I wasn't notified of the delivery and LEGO usually takes 3-4 days to ship to me.

Spend a couple of hours building the Ollivanders/Scribbulus section and my god that was an amazing experience. Don't have a lot of spare time in the coming days but I'm looking forward to building the other 3 parts!

12 hours ago, klinton said:

the dreadfully printed newspapers. They all look like they've been smudged. I've never seen such dodgy printing from Lego before

I noticed that too, very strange

12 hours ago, klinton said:

Yeah, nobody gets an assigned wand. There are so many in the set though that you can just give them each one as you like.

I'm 3/4 done building it now, and the only complaint I have so far is the dreadfully printed newspapers. They all look like they've been smudged. I've never seen such dodgy printing from Lego before. At least it's just the DP prints though. I've several decent ones already from other sets.

That is weird. I suppose the daily prophet went out of business and at the end didn't care about the quality of their newspaper. :laugh:

Im interested how versatile the new wand-box element is, what else can fit inside it? Lipstick? Spoon? There is not much else shorter than 3 studs I think 

Can you fit two wands at once?

I had to go to the Lego Store to pick up the Diagon Alley set for my wife, since the online store had run out of the promotional items.

I was pleased to find out that they're selling complete sets of minifigs for the new  blind bags.  I was told that if there were any duplicates, they were allowing returns.

I've historically been pleased with the Lego stores, as they're always extremely helpful in finding what minifig everyone is looking for, but I thought this was above and beyond.

6 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

What store are you price matching the prices from? I haven't seen CMF's going for $3.44 anywhere :oh:

Walmart has had the last two series(DC & 20) at $3.44. I haven’t seen HP in stores yet, but I imagine it’ll be the same. 

6 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I ordered some of the series 2 figures on the Shop Home yesterday, so hoping to get lucky... I don’t really want to go to the store so options are limited. Still on the fence about the AC though. I love the new figures but I’m not really sure they alone are worth the price.

Some of the builds are nice as well. The Goblet of Fire is definitely the show stealer. The couch build, with golden egg is most welcome as well. The table & trees are decent. The Yule Ball poster is a nice print. 

4 hours ago, diagonalley said:

Has anyone in the US had their order ship yet? Mine is still in warehouse ?

Same. It did take two days to go from In Warehouse to Shipped for my last order. This is like the wait appetizer to the week long wait it actually get the set. :wacko:

Have Diagon Alley ready to build! Will probably start this weekend.

I do film and video game scoring as my career, but with a little bit of free time during the slow work year, I've decided to apply for a part-time job at my local Lego store. Would be a fun thing to do during the day while I write during the other hours :)