Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Then please explain why the Lego City theme (which is unlicensed) has sometimes the same ridiculous prices licensed Star Wars sets have?

There is a well known fact that City is one of the most expensive themes per part.However that has mostly to do with their big budget with new parts and often a lot of big parts in the sets. Just look at 60266 with two huge boat pieces and several big animals and other parts:
https://www.lego.com/en-no/product/ocean-exploration-ship-60266

Look like I lost the Knuts as well since DA is not sold out yet, fortunate that I am not a betting man except when it comes to fantasy money :tongue: I assume it will be sold out later when more people outside the inner circle see it or maybe Lego have made plenty this time :shrug_oh_well:

You sure are a inpatient lot :tongue: Buying it 5 minutes before you get the GWP :wacko: However seems like it turned out OK in the end after all for most of you :sweet: Personally I am the more patient type so even if I can afford the sets now, I will wait to buy all the 2020 sets until I get a better deal or a GWP I want. Half the fun is the hunt for a great deal :devil:

Enjoy the building for those who got it already :classic:

Glad to hear that the set has 10 wand boxes, would not make any sense to include only a few when they have made the part for the set :sweet:

8 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I've been trying to get redirected to that quiz, but no luck! It redirects me to the VIP rewards section :(

Try using another browser! google chrome helps!

42 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Glad to hear that the set has 10 wand boxes, would not make any sense to include only a few when they have made the part for the set :sweet:

Wait, what wand box part? That sounds new and exciting. 

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Wait, what wand box part? That sounds new and exciting. 

There's a new moulded box piece that can hold a wand like in the movie

Today I was able to pick up the CMF and advent calendar! I got all the figures except Hermione (my fingers became numb towards the end, so ill need to go back for her) BUT remember to price match guys. I got the CMF for $3.44 each and the advent calendar for $29.97! Good day today! 

Ill need to go to the lego store sometime to get my hands on the Hagrid and buckbeak brickheadz. Sad thing is I never got my hands on the harry and Hermione ones during their original run. It'll be a pain to track them down cheap. Luckily I have Ron, Dumbledore, Newt, and Grindelwald. 

Don't know when ill be able to pick up DA, but I love reading about your building experiences. Cheers! 

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The lower limit was probably just so they could be more sure of it not selling out asap because of scalpers etc. Now that most people who really want this set have ordered it they can raise that limit.

Makes sense! :)

Woohoo, DA just arrived at my door (overhere in the Netherlands). =D Can't build it yet though as I'm working from home. :S I can't wait to build it.

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Can't build it yet though as I'm working from home.

Building Lego counts as working time - for sure!

Mine is with the delivery courier rn, so I hope it to arrive within the next hours! Can't take the set to work unfortunately ?

28 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Building Lego counts as working time - for sure!

Mine is with the delivery courier rn, so I hope it to arrive within the next hours! Can't take the set to work unfortunately ?

It's staring at me. I really should put it in another room to not get distracted by it, lol. :drool:

It's absolutely bonkers that Diagon Alley was available to Australians before all of you in Europe and you guys are receiving them (or about to) and ours haven't even been shipped yet. This is why I never buy from LEGO! Rofl.

23 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

It's absolutely bonkers that Diagon Alley was available to Australians before all of you in Europe and you guys are receiving them (or about to) and ours haven't even been shipped yet. This is why I never buy from LEGO! Rofl.

Yeah, I'm amazed it's here so fast. I'm used to next day deliveries from Dutch webshops, but LEGO.com always delivered a few days after the order. So to see it the next day is amazing. =D

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like HP finally made it into the club of best-selling themes: https://www.brickfanatics.com/first-half-of-2020-sees-the-lego-groups-sales-and-profits-grow/

Interestingly, this concerns 1HY of 2020, so before this year‘s sets hit shelves :classic: 

Happy to see Harry Potter on the list, was about time and very impressive with so few sets a year compared to many other themes ;)

Surprising that City and Friends are not, I wonder when SW will be out of the list :devil:

Will the Hagrids Brickheadz an exclusive for a long time? I sold mine for 40 euro's because I'm not really a fan of the Brickheadz. And with my purchase I got 20 euro off my next purchase. So basically my DA was 340, which I think is a really good price. I was going to buy the room of requirments anyways this month. 

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Happy to see Harry Potter on the list, was about time and very impressive with so few sets a year compared to many other themes ;)

Surprising that City and Friends are not, I wonder when SW will be out of the list :devil:

Interesting to see Disney Princess, Speed Champions and Harry Potter effectively replace Friends, City and Marvel. 

Has anyone in the UK tried calling customer service recently?  I am trying to see if they can add the brickheads to my order but not getting through to anyone.

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

Has anyone in the UK tried calling customer service recently?  I am trying to see if they can add the brickheads to my order but not getting through to anyone.

Technically I call the UK customer service as apparently they seem to do the Netherlands as well and it took me 15 minutes to get through to someone for an issue with double VIP points I didn't get last month for the Avengers Tower. It was fixed quickly. :) Haven't gotten my VIP points for DA yet though, so he said to call back on Friday if they haven't been added by then.

33 minutes ago, Yope said:

Tried twice yesterday for the same reason - 15 mins and then 25 mins with no answer. I was working from home so couldn't wait any longer.

I've no interest in Brickheadz really, but as I still need The Burrow, AC, plus a couple of 2019 sets I might go into our nearest store (Bluewater) and try to get the polybag too.

I did sent them an email anyway, just in case that works. Says my order has shipped now so will wait and see.

Edited by CLK143

32 minutes ago, Yope said:

Took me 45 mins this morning but they’ve added buckbeak to my order as still in stock.

I ordered my DA the moment it became available at about 5 minutes before midnight so I didn’t get the GWP, but like some of you have said, I just looked at my order history and a second order from August 31 has shown up in Warehouse, and it’s the GWP so they must have added it after the fact which is fantastic.

I looked up my order history and all of a sudden there‘s a new order with a timestamp of today, consisting of the Brickheadz *huh* I did not expect them to add the GWP after the fact because they‘ve never done so before, but I appreciate that move very much :thumbup: Their customer service truly deserve every bit of praise they’re getting!

Edit: Ninja’d :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Thanks all re calling customer service, just managed to get through and brickheadz added (don't even like them but might resell and recoup some Diagon Alley money...)

Can't wait for it all to arrive!  Feels like Christmas

4 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

Today I was able to pick up the CMF and advent calendar! I got all the figures except Hermione (my fingers became numb towards the end, so ill need to go back for her) BUT remember to price match guys. I got the CMF for $3.44 each and the advent calendar for $29.97! Good day today! 

Ill need to go to the lego store sometime to get my hands on the Hagrid and buckbeak brickheadz. Sad thing is I never got my hands on the harry and Hermione ones during their original run. It'll be a pain to track them down cheap. Luckily I have Ron, Dumbledore, Newt, and Grindelwald. 

Don't know when ill be able to pick up DA, but I love reading about your building experiences. Cheers! 

What store are you price matching the prices from? I haven't seen CMF's going for $3.44 anywhere :oh:

2 hours ago, Salix said:

Yeah, I'm amazed it's here so fast. I'm used to next day deliveries from Dutch webshops, but LEGO.com always delivered a few days after the order. So to see it the next day is amazing. =D

delivery sometimes took a week. My DA has arrived too in Holland. Yesterday the micoscale DA arrived and i expected AC to arrive later today also :D

Edited by mark1991t

I ordered some of the series 2 figures on the Shop Home yesterday, so hoping to get lucky... I don’t really want to go to the store so options are limited. Still on the fence about the AC though. I love the new figures but I’m not really sure they alone are worth the price.