Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, CLK143 said:

Found them in Sainsbury's, Bexleyheath on Saturday. Stood there for about 25 minutes until I'd found them all. Nobody said anything at all.

I did make sure I used hand sanitiser before and after of course.

I figured if it was a real "problem", they should include some sanitiser nearby... personally I think the security guard thought we were doing something dodgy. Completely respect his decision but given the time we spent there, I don't think we were really breaking any "rules"... might pop to my local Sainsbury's tomorrow to finish the set...

38 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

If you guys aren't aware, the lego vip rewards section has a Harry Potter quiz online (9 questions) and if you get more than 6 questions right, you get up to 150 VIP points, so if any of you guys are a few points shy from your $5 voucher, this is a super easy way to get them! 

Also the Q/A has also been posted on the VIP section. Its about 30 minutes long with the phelps twins. 

For those who picked up the set today, happy building!

I've been trying to get redirected to that quiz, but no luck! It redirects me to the VIP rewards section :(

What can I do ?  I don’t want all the new minifigures; just a couple of them.  I just want Dumbledore, Harry, both Weasley Twins, Luna and Griphook.   

Any suggestions ?

3 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

For those of you who have gone to the Lego stores today how has your experience been? Also has the CMF been labeled with which person is inside at the store you went to?

I’m in your position. I called my local store and they say they just hand you a bag, no feeling allowed, at random. 
No marked bags, and no choices to make. 
And my local Target doesn’t have them in the store; is that normal right now ?

45 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

On a big release, it’s better to get there at least an hour before the store opens. That’s usually when people start showing up, at least around here. You always have good company though. 

I assume you ordered last night? I looked to see if there was a time stamp on the order so I see when the Brickheadz was added, but no luck. Best case scenario, they give you some VIP points for the long wait. :grin: 

I did order last night, too quick on the button!

After one hour and 20 minutes on hold, they could not add the brickheadz as it had just sold out! However they did offer VIP points, or the Hogwarts student set as a consolation prize. I took the Hogwarts student set for my girls. Luckily I added another order last night for the Astronomy Tower, and that one got the Brickheadz, so I guess it worked out. :classic:

25 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I’m in your position. I called my local store and they say they just hand you a bag, no feeling allowed, at random. 

Damn, that's unlucky. I got a full set and each of them are labeled. Guess it's the store's decision to do that as a courtesy or not.

26 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

What can I do ?  I don’t want all the new minifigures; just a couple of them.  I just want Dumbledore, Harry, both Weasley Twins, Luna and Griphook.   

Any suggestions ?

As some have said, some stores have them separated & labeled. Or just keep tabs on Target & grab them that way. 

19 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I did order last night, too quick on the button!

After one hour and 20 minutes on hold, they could not add the brickheadz as it had just sold out! However they did offer VIP points, or the Hogwarts student set as a consolation prize. I took the Hogwarts student set for my girls. Luckily I added another order last night for the Astronomy Tower, and that one got the Brickheadz, so I guess it worked out. :classic:

Right on, a win-win! You may have came out better with the Student Pack. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Looks like Australia has finally run out of stock. Took a little over 24 hours.

do you know if the brickheadz is still available in aus 

Okay, so I was just looking through the VIP section of LEGO.com, and apparently you can get a copy of Attack on the Burrow signed by the Phelps brothers for 16,800 points. I most certainly can't afford this, but some of you might be able to.

2 minutes ago, Zedro said:

All the 4 different sets signed copies sold out on my region.

It's sold out in the US too.

8 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Okay, so I was just looking through the VIP section of LEGO.com, and apparently you can get a copy of Attack on the Burrow signed by the Phelps brothers for 16,800 points. I most certainly can't afford this, but some of you might be able to.

Sounds good and I imagine someone would love to own it, but I just used that exact amount of points to get £105 off my Diagon Alley ??

Soo I had decided against buying the Diagon Alley set, it was just a bit too far out of my price range right now, with a potential Mos Eisley set and Ninjago Gardens next year. I decided to buy a ticket $10 into an online Lego raffle last night though and ended up winning the set through that!! Very happy right now!

5 minutes ago, Ztrip83 said:

Soo I had decided against buying the Diagon Alley set, it was just a bit too far out of my price range right now, with a potential Mos Eisley set and Ninjago Gardens next year. I decided to buy a ticket $10 into an online Lego raffle last night though and ended up winning the set through that!! Very happy right now!

Wow, congrats!!!!!

49 minutes ago, Ztrip83 said:

What did you win?

2 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What did you win?

The new Diagon Alley set that was released yesterday (in Australia anyway)! 

Aggg! So frustrated about the GWP already being sold out in the US! I was extremely busy at work all day and figured there was no rush. That’s going to be the only hole in my WW Brickheadz collection (or SW, for that matter, and since those are the only licensed themes I really care about...)! I’ve been planning to buy the Brickheadz ever since that set name and price leaked months ago. Now... is there any chance it will just be on sale at some point? Or is it this really it?

Edited by autolycus

Now that I(and we in the States) have caught up...I built the AT. It’s a pretty great build. I love the greenhouse and the, yet again, new Mandrake print-my favorite of the three. I’m fairly certain this was mentioned...but no Luna in the front call outs of the bags. And why does she & Draco not have wands? Even Neville comes with a wand. Especially Draco though, kinda hard to threaten Dumbledore without a wand. 

6 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Aggg! So frustrated about the GWP already being sold out in the US! I was extremely busy at work all day and figured there was no rush. That’s going to be the only hole in my WW Brickheadz collection (or SW, for that matter, and since those are the only licensed themes I really care about...)! I’ve been planning to buy the Brickheadz ever since that set name and price leaked months ago. Now... is there any chance it will just be on sale at some point? Or is it this really it?

All I know if they either didnt make alot of the Brickheadz, or else they sold a crap load of DA and everything else!

When I spoke to customer service today, they had just sold out, and even he was amazed as it was supposed to last 2 weeks. Less than 24 is either amazing sales, or bad planning.

Diagon Alley is still available. I suspect a lot of people ordered other sets that were on back order today.

edit: this was meant as a reply to @Frizzlefry25

Edited by autolycus

I called my local store in a mall to find out if I was able to get there tomorrow if they would be able to run me out a set since I’ll be watching kids and I won’t take them in to the mall. They said they probably couldn’t and only had two sets left. My wife had to run over to her families to ‘help with something’. Shows up an hour and a half later with Diagon Alley! I’m through the first two bags already and it’s so much more than was easily visible from photos. There are already 7 new wand boxes and four sets of wands! Also, I believe there is an error in the set where a light blue grey inverted 1x2 slope has been replaced with a scroll brick (so someone else doesn’t spend ten minutes searching for it like I did.)

I'm just curious to see how bad LEGO Australia is this time. I'd put money on Americans having their posted sets in hand before ours even leaves the warehouse. Lol.

according to the instructions, there are 10 wand boxes! also something interesting is that neither olivander or hermione have wands. not sure about the others yet. 

51 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I'm just curious to see how bad LEGO Australia is this time. I'd put money on Americans having their posted sets in hand before ours even leaves the warehouse. Lol.

If the Razor Crest preorders are anything to go by, I think you are right :pir-hmpf_bad:  Mine is "In Warehouse" at the moment..

45 minutes ago, Surge said:

according to the instructions, there are 10 wand boxes! also something interesting is that neither olivander or hermione have wands. not sure about the others yet. 

Yeah, nobody gets an assigned wand. There are so many in the set though that you can just give them each one as you like.

I'm 3/4 done building it now, and the only complaint I have so far is the dreadfully printed newspapers. They all look like they've been smudged. I've never seen such dodgy printing from Lego before. At least it's just the DP prints though. I've several decent ones already from other sets.