Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Store wait story time (pictures will follow soon)

I checked my phone when I got up at 3am this morning to see DA was released at 9:00pm PST last night. Checked the US website, noticed it was the same as the AU site, "three per person". So it seems TLG finally decided to stock more online due to the demand. I contemplated ordering it but didnt. I arrived at the mall at 830am to discover that the door was already open (was told by mall security it was opening at 10:00am). Ended up camping in front of the Lego store, playing Bleach Brave Souls and read a couple chapters of Attack on Titan. About a hour later people started coming to line up. We ended up talking about Legos of course until the store opened about 15 minutes ago. The employee comes to the door and says that they won't have any sets until Thursday, to which of course everyone starts getting visibly upset. She ends up saying that she was only messing with us. Appaeantly, the Vegas lego store was able to get 30 of them for today's release. Sadly there was around 35-40 lined up (from what I could see since I was first in line). Man did it feel awesome being the first person in Vegas (aside from any ambassadors here) to get the set. Also, to those who got the set in store, did you get the brickheads and another GWP?? They gave us two gifts. Have fun building everyone

3 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

How are people getting on with feeling packets in shops? Got told by a security member (Smyths, Romford)Ā it wasn't allowed after 30 minutes despite shop staff watching for the whole time... eight out of sixteen figures collected for now!

Just built GH - lovely set, but purchased second hand so some small pieces missing. Hilariously, and annoyingly, however, the house flags are all upside down...Ā :grin::ugh:

That's annoying, I was so afraid someone would tell me off as well! But I got all 16 from two different toy stores (in Germany) and nobody said anything. In one store the box was actually right next to the cash register and I stood there for about twenty minutes but the employee just thought it was funny I think. I got all 16 without making any mistakes even though this was my first time trying, so yay!

Just saw on the orderpage that my order (DA, Hagrid and Buckbeak and the student pack) has been shipped! So excited to crack into that beautyĀ :excited:

Same, got it at the Paris store today, they had lots in stock when I went around 12. Also if anyone is interested, because of the no touch policy they had all the CMF series 2 pre sorted and you were able to ask for the ones you wanted. Great service :)Ā 

20 minutes ago, mapimi said:

Same, got it at the Paris store today, they had lots in stock when I went around 12. Also if anyone is interested, because of the no touch policy they had all the CMF series 2 pre sorted and you were able to ask for the ones you wanted. Great service :)Ā 

Yep, my store had the same policy with CMFs. The person in front of me specifically asked for two of them and they gave it to him. I ended up getting the whole set, and they had already put all of them into a bag and labeled each one with which figure it is.

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just saw on the orderpage that my order (DA, Hagrid and Buckbeak and the student pack) has been shipped! So excited to crack into that beautyĀ :excited:

I got an email around the time you posted this saying my order of DA and Hagrid & Buckbeak has been shipped. So hopefully we'll both get it tomorrow! :)

23 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yep, my store had the same policy with CMFs. The person in front of me specifically asked for two of them and they gave it to him. I ended up getting the whole set, and they had already put all of them into a bag and labeled each one with which figure it is.

I wonder if either or both Dutch LEGO stores do this as well. Unfortunately for me neither of them are near me. :/

DA is still showing as in stock at the two LEGO stores near me. Maybe going an hour early was overkill, but oh well, no way of knowing that :grin:

For those of you who have gone to the Lego stores today how has your experience been? Also has the CMF been labeled with which person is inside at the store you went to?

1 hour ago, Mariella said:

That's annoying, I was so afraid someone would tell me off as well! But I got all 16 from two different toy stores (in Germany) and nobody said anything. In one store the box was actually right next to the cash register and I stood there for about twenty minutes but the employee just thought it was funny I think. I got all 16 without making any mistakes even though this was my first time trying, so yay!

That's great! I, foolishly, only went looking for a few but should've really just got the set... thought I'd got Myrtle and had Hermione and when I thought IĀ Fred I actually had George (on point, I guess)... might see if UK LEGO stores (Westfield in Stratford, anyone?) have all the figures pre sorted for the final 8 - it'd make life easier...

Edited by The Real Walkers

1 minute ago, Bainter-ban said:

Just noticed that they increased the max buy from 2 to 3 pp. Do they usually do that for largerĀ releases such as this one?

It's been 3 for the US since it released, but not sure if it changed for other regions.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

It's been 3 for the US since it released, but not sure if it changed for other regions.

Ah. It was 2 in Norway earlier today when I ordered, but has now increased to 3.

20 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Just noticed that they increased the max buy from 2 to 3 pp. Do they usually do that for largerĀ releases such as this one?

The lower limit was probably just so they could be more sure of it not selling out asap because of scalpers etc. Now that most people who really want this set have ordered it they can raise that limit.

5 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

How are people getting on with feeling packets in shops? Got told by a security member (Smyths, Romford)Ā it wasn't allowed after 30 minutes despite shop staff watching for the whole time... eight out of sixteen figures collected for now!

I have tried doing a quick feel, as to not cause concern.Ā  Unfortunately, this method isn't quite so easy and I ended up guess wrong for 3 figures.Ā  I've managed 12 different characters, but there are no more figures for sale to even search.Ā  It seems like 3 small cities totaling about 100k people received a whopping 2 boxes.

6 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Just built GH - lovely set, but purchased second hand so some small pieces missing. Hilariously, and annoyingly, however, the house flags are all upside down...Ā :grin::ugh:

Found them in Sainsbury's, Bexleyheath on Saturday. Stood there for about 25 minutes until I'd found them all. Nobody said anything at all.

I did make sure I used hand sanitiser before and after of course.

Edited by CLK143

This might me something that has already been discussed, but I tried ordering the astronomy tower. Hoping to also get the Hagrid and buck beak brickhead. But it hasn't shown up in my basket. I do live in Victoria, Australia. So that might be why. But does anyone know for sure.

1 minute ago, Tommy269 said:

This might me something that has already been discussed, but I tried ordering the astronomy tower. Hoping to also get the Hagrid and buck beak brickhead. But it hasn't shown up in my basket. I do live in Victoria, Australia. So that might be why. But does anyone know for sure.

Maybe itā€˜s still below the threshold? In Switzerland at least,Ā the Astronomy Tower is enough to ā€žunlockā€œ the GWP, but the Hogwarts Express for instanceĀ is just 1CHF short of thatĀ :shrug_oh_well:

Interesting...I ordered DA 10 minutes or so before it hit midnight, so no Brickheadz. Checked this morning, now ā€œIn Warehouse.ā€ Checked again just now, I have two orders from last night as ā€œIn Warehouse.ā€ In a slight panic, so I looked. One is the Brickheadz. I didnā€™t contact CS or anything either because I wasn't tooĀ bothered with it anyways. So this gives hope to others who ordered before the official release time.Ā 

Just now, Vindicare said:

Interesting...I ordered DA 10 minutes or so before it hit midnight, so no Brickheadz. Checked this morning, now ā€œIn Warehouse.ā€ Checked again just now, I have two orders from last night as ā€œIn Warehouse.ā€ In a slight panic, so I looked. One is the Brickheadz. I didnā€™t contact CS or anything either because I wasn't tooĀ bothered with it anyways. So this gives hope to others who ordered before the official release time.Ā 

Hmm, I have been trying to call all day today, but its always been busy. Finally in the hold queue for the same reason.Ā  Mine has not updated automatically, but hoping after a hour on hold maybe they will take care of it.Ā 

If you guys aren't aware, the lego vip rewards section hasĀ a Harry Potter quiz online (9 questions) and if you get more than 6 questions right, you get up to 150 VIP points, so if any of you guys are a few points shy from your $5 voucher, this is a super easy way to get them!Ā 

Also the Q/A has also been posted on the VIP section. Its about 30 minutes long with the phelps twins.Ā 

For those who picked up the set today, happy building!

Edited by Sheesh417

4 hours ago, RODDY said:

Just got back from the LEGO store. I went promptly when the website said the mall was open, but I think the hours were inaccurate as there was a line about 10 people ahead of me. Luckily there was plenty of stock, and everyone in line got one including myself.Ā Talked to a bunch of folks there, it was an awesome experience. Usually hate waiting in lines but it was a lot of fun and the set looks incredible on the shelf display, you really have to see in person to believe it. Box is deceptively heavy.
Feels good to finally emerge from quarantine, gotta enjoy those last gasps of freshĀ air before the impending spike coming with Winter. Havenā€™t felt this happy in a long time.

On a big release, itā€™s better to get there at least an hour before the store opens. Thatā€™s usually when people start showing up, at least around here. You always have good company though.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Hmm, I have been trying to call all day today, but its always been busy. Finally in the hold queue for the same reason.Ā  Mine has not updated automatically, but hoping after a hour on hold maybe they will take care of it.Ā 

I assume you ordered last night? I looked to see if there was a time stamp on the order so I see when the Brickheadz was added, but no luck. Best case scenario, they give you some VIP points for the long wait.Ā :grin:Ā 

Hagrid and Buckbeak appears to beĀ sold out. At first I was disappointed because that meant I wouldn't get them but then I tracked DA and to my surprise it also showed a separate order of Hagrid and Buckbeak coming for $0.00. I was very happy to find that out because I had bought DA pre-midnight I thought there was no way I would get them.