Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Franken said:

When should we usually get set lists for 2021?

I'm kind of dissapointed Lego still didn't make a new merpeople set, maybe next year? 

Next year sets will be based on movies 7 and 8 I think...

.... which would make an interesting Advent Calendar: Harry, Hermione, James and Lily Potter's grave, and Nagini inside Bathilda Bagshot's walking corpse

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Modal said:

So happy for you all! Gonna miss this hype for the rest of the year :sceptic:

Dont worry, in few weeks there will be “New modular building hype” ;) 

Placed my DA order but the GWP isn’t showing up for me at all either :/. A few days ago when they had the speed champions GWP, the same thing happened but customer service couldn’t get me the polybag as they were completely out of stock. Really hoping this doesn’t happen again with this one.

Edited by legozebra

6 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

So once you all get your hands on the set, are you going to build it immediately or wait a while? Personally, I have to wait a week and a half because I'm moving back into the apartment that I left at the start of quarantine, but I may be tempted to build at least one of the buildings before then...we'll see lol.

I'll be building it immediately. Uni starts on monday so I hope to have it finished before then :tongue:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

.... which would make an interesting Advent Calendar: Harry, Hermione, James and Lily Potter's grave, and Nagini inside Bathilda Bagshot's walking corpse

If the existing 2 AC's are anything to go by the 2021 AC will most likely be based on the Slugclub party or maybe Christmas at Grimmauld Place

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Uhm, yes? LEGO (just like any other company) has to pay to use certain licenses, which then gets calculated into the final price of the sets

Then please explain why the Lego City theme (which is unlicensed) has sometimes the same ridiculous prices licensed Star Wars sets have? The prices for city sets are inidcative for their pricing policy. The Star Wars license is an annual fee they pay for the whole product range. It doesn`explain why the Grievous starfighter (16.4 c price per piece) is now so expensive while other sets from the same theme like the 501st Battle pack (10.5 c price per piece and offers more minifigs for less than half the price) are reasonably priced (still high but not as ridiculous). It would make sense to have the license fee evenly spread across the theme or use a few flagship sets (that will be highly sought after) to price slightly higher. But General Grievous starfighter is not appealing, offers only repeated minifigs and has not an iconic build just a small starfighter that was on screen for less than 45 seconds.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Placed my DA order but the GWP isn’t showing up for me at all either :/. A few days ago when they had the speed champions GWP, the same thing happened but customer service couldn’t get me the polybag as they were completely out of stock. Really hoping this doesn’t happen again with this one.

I ordered in the UK at about 11.35 pm, and don't have the GWP. Interestingly my order confirmation says I placed the order 1st September, so I'm definitely going to ask Customer Services to add it to my order.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Christmas Clothes and some outdoor ‘snowy’ builds would be nice, but I agree it will be weird to see grave stones etc from that scene if they go that route

Maybe we will get James and Lilly as statues from the book?

I’m thinking to keep with the ongoing ‘party’ theme it will actually be based at least partly on the wedding instead

Showed up online at 11.57 EST here in Canada, (even though there is an earlier timezone here AST that I am in so it was almost 1am for me) and I ordered so fast the GWP didn't attach and in my haste I didn't even notice.  Luckily ordered the Burrow as a second order and got the GWP, then ordered the calendar, 2 student sets (only meant for 1 but again was going too fast!) and ROR and got a second GWP so it all turned out quite well but the credit card is smoking!  Well done to all those who got it and best of luck to those that didn't get DA for finding it soon!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the existing 2 AC's are anything to go by the 2021 AC will most likely be based on the Slugclub party or maybe Christmas at Grimmauld Place

Christmas at Grimmauld Place, yes please!

I still really want them to do a proper Grimmauld Place set. Ideally as a pseudo-Modular in the vein of Ninjago City (but much much smaller and more affordable). Maybe that’ll be the 2022 HP D2C. :tongue:

Edited by Fenghuang0296

49 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I still really want them to do a proper Grimmauld Place set. Ideally as a pseudo-Modular in the vein of Ninjago City (but much much smaller and more affordable). Maybe that’ll be the 2022 HP D2C. :tongue:

In my opinion, Grimmauld Place would make for a pretty weak D2C. The interior would be neat with the family tree and everything, but its exterior is just a regular-looking old building sandwiched between two other regular-looking old buildings. I just fail to see the mass-appeal of such a set. Personally, I think Hogsmeade would be the preferable option :tongue: 

Grimmauld place would work well as a Privet Dr. -type of set. The front facade would be a tricky one to execute if there's a play feature, but it could work as a static display with Grimmauld place itself having only a narrow slice to its facade in the middle of the build (sandwiched between two a bit wider facades). The interior would of course be fully Grimmauld's. It could have the dining table downstairs and the family tree + portrait of Mrs. Black upstairs. The piece count could be about the same as Privet Dr. as the facade would need the parts used for Ford Anglia.

What are the chances that we get a double VIP points offer on the D2C? I'm still on the fence about it but getting $40 back would probably be enough to convince me :laugh:

Welp, I crashed for twelve hours and slept through all the excitement. Just spent most of my current LEGO fund to get the Burrow and GWP, which I was infuriated to find was sold out (unlike the set you all anxiously stayed up until midnight to order, lel). Since DA is still available and the past 24 hours have made me want the set much more than before, I hope you'll all excuse me to go beg my parents to buy me DA as an early Christmas present. Toodles!

According to LEGO.com, it's still available in the Netherlands as well as in both the Dutch LEGO stores. I wonder when/if it sells out. :thinking:

To go along with the 12 Grimmauld Place talk, I made another lovely list of places and things not yet made in the 2018-present line. I didn't bother with any of the parts of Hogwarts, other than the parts not directly linked to the castle like Hagrid's Hut and the Whomping Willow. 

Vehicles:

Flying Motorbike, Durmstrang Ship

Locations away from Hogwarts:

Gringotts, The Leaky Cauldron, Knockturn Alley and other Diagon Alley Shops, Hogsmeade (village and station), The Riddle House, Quidditch World Cup, Azkaban, The Ministry of Magic, 12 Grimmauld Place, Spinner's End, Budleigh Babberton, The Orphanage, The Cave, The Wedding Tent, Granger Home, Malfoy Manor, The Cafe, The Tent and the frozen pool, Godric's Hollow, Love good House, Shell Cottage, Nurmengard

Areas of Hogwarts not linked to the castle

Second/Third Task locations, Owlery, Entrance Gate, Dumbledore's Tomb

Edited by Seaber

Does anyone think Grimmauld Place will be a set or has that ship sailed seeing as they've already made the Order of the Phoenix sets

Forgot about the Ministry of Magic as well for a "final duel" type set

Edited by Ringwraith

8 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Does anyone think Grimmauld Place will be a set or has that ship sailed seeing as they've already made the Order of the Phoenix sets

I don't think the ship has sailed as we got Privet Drive this year while that is a PS/CoS set and this year's focus is OotP and HBP. So it's possible.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That’s an educated guess, but God I hope Slug Club is not the case for next year. We really need some Grimmauld or Hogsmeade... although the latter sounds more unlikely.

29 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

If LEGO never ends up making Grimmauld Place that would be because it's not interesting enough to be a large set (which it would be), not because they're moving on to Deathly Hallows sets (as proven by Privet Drive). It's possible but because of what it is I don't really see it happening :sceptic:

Edited by Guyon2002