Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And the reviewers, and the people on Instagram, and the 360 video LEGO released themselves :tongue:

Yeah - if they really wanted it to be a surprise, they should've told the reviewers not to cover it! But I understand why they didn't do that. Lots of people (including users on here) are now set on buying it because of the extra minifig.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And the reviewers, and the people on Instagram, and the 360 video LEGO released themselves :tongue:

I meant it would‘ve been a huge surprise today if we didn‘t already know about the Harry minifig :tongue: It‘s not often we learn about a new figure in a set that was already leaked :wink:

BTW, check out the review by @Ashnflash who also shows some of the ways you can display the set :thumbup: 

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s part of the set and includes the parts to build the secret stand + PS Harry minifig :thumbup: It‘s an amazing idea I think! Too bad it was spoiled by the leak in July :tongue:

Thanks for that! :-) Is the "21" a reference to something? I understand the silencio is alluding to it being a secret, but not sure what 21 means! :-/

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Lots of people (including users on here) are now set on buying it because of the extra minifig.

Which is insane. You were on the fence before, but one disheveled Harry figure is the tipping point? He's absolutely going in a ziplock with all of the other extra, unwanted Harry variants straight away.

5 minutes ago, klinton said:

Which is insane. You were on the fence before, but one disheveled Harry figure is the tipping point? He's absolutely going in a ziplock with all of the other extra, unwanted Harry variants straight away.

Meh, it would've been a day 1 purchase for me regardless, but I don't think people are that crazy for thinking that. Exclusive minifigures like this in expensive D2C sets add a decent amount of value. You'd be set back at least $80 if you wanted to Bricklink the Hogwarts founders, so I'm guessing this variant will fetch at least $15.

Has anyone noticed that on top of Scribulus we technically get another shop? I can’t remember the name of it but it’s the Diagon Alley fortune teller. That’s why there’s that magic skull and potion and comfy chair up there. The sign outside says “Galleon per reading”. Some folks thought it said “Gilderoy” when it first leaked but I’m proud to say I predicted “galleon” correctly! Does anyone else remember the name of the Diagon Alley fortune teller?

Edited by sebastian666

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Does anyone have any advice on whether I should claim my VIP discounts now or after the set becomes available?

If you're planning on buying the set online tomorrow morning, then I would redeem them now. However, if you're going to the Lego store like I am, I would just wait until you're in line to redeem them

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Has it been said before that the secret is there is a box 21 with a minifigure stand the leak Harry and the regular hagrid

Is this going to be in all of them for entire production or is it a limited promotion?

Just now, RyanMe said:

Is this going to be in all of them for entire production or is it a limited promotion?

It's in the WWW instruction manual so I'm assuming it'll be part of the entire production (I couldn't see them re-doing the instruction manual down the line).

Just now, Friscorays said:

It is in the instruction manual so expect will be in entire production run.

Beat me to it.

Breaking Bad fans now have a pretty good Walter White head for custom minis if you imagine Florean Fortescue’s head without the hairpiece

So if I get it right, all of those buildings are ment to connect back to back to make whole 360. Good to hear it (and see it) and I apreciate that it fits nicely together. And also, the big mystery in Daily Prophet 2nd flor with that spider web is finally solved. But this means that we cant expect any new sets since there are no connection pin holes on sides. So Gringots at best and that will be it. And I think that Gringots will be playset. Hope it will fit somehow... 

Wow. I love the second face on Lockhart, the figure is far better than I originally thought. Love the ways it can be displayed, looks way better back to back than expected. Way more wand boxes than I wished for. Just wow. Photographers face is also very useful. Still not completely sold on the choice to redo Ollivander and his new face, but it's okay. The extra Harry was a huge surprise. I think it's save to say that all my predictions toward this set have been wrong, and I'm glad they were as reality is far better (in your face Thanos ;p xD) Either way now I'm seriously considering buying the set right away.

Anyway is the video already up where the actors build the set? I've seen the interview and them building the qr code but that's about it. 

Speaking of which, I haven't actually tried the code, but the ravenclaw one seems different from the others. It's maybe just missing pieces but it's curious.

14 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Breaking Bad fans now have a pretty good Walter White head for custom minis if you imagine Florean Fortescue’s head without the hairpiece

I thought he looked familiar! :head_back:

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

And I think that Gringots will be playset.

It pretty much has to be since it’d be quite silly to release a Gringotts set in the same year where the focus shifts to DH and NOT base it on one of the bigger set pieces in DH Part 2 :wink: The only thing that worries me is the size :sceptic: The Ukrainian Ironbelly would have to be included, which would take up quite a lot of pieces I think, so this would have to be well beyond 100$ to fit in scale-wise.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It pretty much has to be since it’d be quite silly to release a Gringotts set in the same year where the focus shifts to DH and NOT base it on one of the bigger set pieces in DH Part 2 :wink: The only thing that worries me is the size :sceptic: The Ukrainian Ironbelly would have to be included, which would take up quite a lot of pieces I think, so this would have to be well beyond 100$ to fit in scale-wise.

Perhaps Gringotts will replace the slot usually preserved for the Hogwarts expansion, since there's no real big part of the castle to be added connected to the last two films. The final duel can probably be a smaller set and there's no place for the altered viaduct from the DH.

I'm so glad that PS Harry is included. I was dreading another GWP down the line, and whilst that still could happen with another unknown set, it seems likely to me that the Brickheadz is this year's main HP GWP set. 

For anyone who doesn't want to use stickers, there is a site which sells printed versions of bricks. The owner may make Diagon Alley at some stage, he already has some Harry Potter ones: https://www.steindrucker.com/lego-set-buendel

I have it bookmarked for new releases, but you can also contact him.

Just now, Captain America said:

For anyone who doesn't want to use stickers, there is a site which sells printed versions of bricks. The owner may make Diagon Alley at some stage, he already has some Harry Potter ones: https://www.steindrucker.com/lego-set-buendel

I have it bookmarked for new releases, but you can also contact him.

Perfect. I hate that many stickers in DA set. I think it partially ruins it.

Has anyone actually been able to get the AR feature on the minisite to work? I just keep getting a prompt to reload. I have a brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max so there should be no problem...

edit: I sorted it out. If anyone is having trouble, simply go to the Safari app in your iPhone settings and under Camera click either Ask or Allow access. The default is Deny access. 

Edited by sebastian666