Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Maybe the new ones (32x16) from the DA set will be added to bricks and pieces for a reasonable price. Then you could saw cut them into quarters which could propably be cheaper than buying 4 of the 8x16

Heresy! *oh2* You're hereby banished from ever touching a poor baseplate again! ...if you weren't outside of my jurisdiction :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Heresy! *oh2* You're hereby banished from ever touching a poor baseplate again! ...if you weren't outside of my jurisdiction :tongue:

If you ever try to build your own Lego city layout or train diorama, tell me how you fared without ever cutting a baseplate. Jangbricks or Bob Brickman have done it as well, so I will gladly share a cell with them :wink:

Looks like there's a new video for VIPs on the "Through the Bricks" web page. Funnily enough, my account is VIP, yet I can't access the video. Odd.

I'm worried that the reveal tomorrow will have the set released in the next few days, because I'm 8 months away from being 18 (VIP age) and my dad, who has control of the account with VIP, won't let me get a set this size so soon, even though I don't plan to build it until December. If there's early access for VIPs and I can't get it, and then it sells out, it's gonna be sooo sad for me

7 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Looks like there's a new video for VIPs on the "Through the Bricks" web page. Funnily enough, my account is VIP, yet I can't access the video. Odd.

Do you have a link? I forgot the site name. The only one that I see available is the one with James and Oliver building the QR codes

3 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'm worried that the reveal tomorrow will have the set released in the next few days, because I'm 8 months away from being 18 (VIP age) and my dad, who has control of the account with VIP, won't let me get a set this size so soon, even though I don't plan to build it until December. If there's early access for VIPs and I can't get it, and then it sells out, it's gonna be sooo sad for me

As far as we know there isn’t an early access for VIPs - it’s available for everyone on September 1st. Even if it sells out this week, there will be plenty of times throughout the year that it will come back in stock. Don’t worry :)

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

As far as we know there isn’t an early access for VIPs - it’s available for everyone on September 1st. Even if it sells out this week, there will be plenty of times throughout the year that it will come back in stock. Don’t worry :)

I really hope so. I've had a plan to build it with my girlfriend a couple of days before Christmas while marathoning the Potter films for so long, and I wouldn't wanna make her sad...

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Do you have a link? I forgot the site name. The only one that I see available is the one with James and Oliver building the QR codes

Unfortunately not :( I can't get to the video somehow 

5 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I really hope so. I've had a plan to build it with my girlfriend a couple of days before Christmas while marathoning the Potter films for so long, and I wouldn't wanna make her sad...

You’ll definitely have an opportunity to get it before Christmas.

Man, this reveal is at 3am PST. Guess I’ll have plenty to catch up on in the morning

42 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Is that the video that is advertised at the bottom of the page? If so, that was already there before, and the video will seemingly be released tomorrow when the countdown ends.

27 minutes ago, Modal said:

Man, this reveal is at 3am PST. Guess I’ll have plenty to catch up on in the morning

Just take a mid-day nap today so you can stay up till 3 ?

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

If you ever try to build your own Lego city layout or train diorama, tell me how you fared without ever cutting a baseplate. Jangbricks or Bob Brickman have done it as well, so I will gladly share a cell with them :wink:

I‘m a collector and a purist one at that, so I have no experience with custom layouts :blush: Anyway, you‘re hereby sentenced to having to spend money on 15 individual M€g@blöck sets not only for mutilating innocent baseplates, but also for destroying my faith in Jang :laugh_hard: (who cannot be punished accordingly because he willingly buys that stuff)

LEGO themselves cuts baseplates... and glues parts together... and paint bricks... and 3D-print parts while prototyping...

37 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

LEGO themselves cuts baseplates... and glues parts together... and paint bricks... and 3D-print parts while prototyping...

Lego also literally builds the bricks in factories. I think we’re comparing apples and oranges ?

Though the argument is dumb anyway, do whatever you want with the bricks idc

3 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Man I feel you there. But I'm trusting in what Roebuck and the other members have said, that there's no VIP (we would have probably been made aware of it, usually the sets made available to VIPs a month prior to release...at least for the Hogwarts Castle, Ninjago City, and Millenium Falcon). I have anxiety issues, and it just kicked in really bad this morning when I relised that TLG will announce it at 3am PST worldwide (or maybe sooner for you Brits, is that true?) So I'm hoping that the stores all get at least a good handful of sets, just in case I'm 2nd or 3rd in line come Tuesday. 

What would honestly be messed up is if Lego announced it tomorrow and delayed the set by two weeks to punish the leakers, but I've never seen them pull that move before.  Here's hoping for the best man, and if it doesn't work out for me, than hopefully I can nab a set from S@H if I can't get one from the store. 

2 hours ago, Modal said:

Alright so there's one of my questions confirmed. 3am PST reveal, I get up for work at 230am, but will gladly call in if they decide to surprise us and release the set tomorrow morning. Definitely won't have to wait until Tuesday to get it then lol. 

3 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's the only way to build the gigantic sets based on franchises. Watched the entire star wars prequel/original trilogy while building the Millenium falcon, and watched all the Potter movies while building Hogwarts. 

7 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

This is probably the wrong chat but has anyone actually come up with a good reason why the Star Wars prices are rising. I've heard some say that it's licensing, others say Disney is just pushing for profit and so on 

Profit and LEGO makes more money. $799-$800 is reasonable for a set that's over 7500 pieces, but $699 for a set that is only in the 3900s?? Come on now.

Also, I think I may have asked this before, but never got an answer. Do we know a ballpark figure of how many sets LEGO stores will have available on release?? I saw another user post 4-5 sets, but is it different for every store?

4 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

I have a town that’s 6x7 32x32’s, it’s not that hard. :tongue:

As to the early shelved sets, Target had an August 15th release, not a Sept. 1. And maybe they allowed earlier on other stuff is because of the wonky release. First it got pushed from July(like the previous two years) to August 1st, to unknown. Then August 24th...for some, Sept. 1st for others. I have no clue. Then it also depends on stores. I remember I tried buying a Spider-Man set I found early on the shelf, and was denied by the register as it was street dated. And when a lot of others were finding sets & minifigs, I found nothing until the official time. 

23 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Do we have a release date in the US for the pop-up book with Harry and Draco?

I heard October 12th (from stu._d on IG)

Edited by YetiZombie

@Juturna - Thanks for sharing your honest feelings in the build up to tomorrow’s big reveal. You are not alone in using LEGO as an outlet for your anxiety. It has helped me immensely over the last few years. However, the irony is that moments like this - awaiting a much anticipated set to go on sale - can actually increase anxiety, which defeats the whole purpose. 

My best recommendation to you would be to try unplugging for a few hours. This forum will still be here when you get back and LEGO isn’t going to put this set on sale until Tuesday at the earliest.

I personally had to unplug this weekend because I knew I would just drive myself crazy checking for updates on the release. So I turned off my phone, turned on the TV, and binged all 12 hours of the extended edition Lord of the Rings trilogy, building this beautiful beast in the process:

kSjdgWK.jpg
This is only my second LEGO Lord of the Rings set and I have to say I am absolutely blown away. I thought the Harry Potter sets were detailed, but this is a whole other level. For the ultimate Tolkien fans like me - they even included a stickered tile with a detailed drawing of Aragorn’s Ring of Barahir!

I am so excited to finally see Diagon Alley up close and personal, because if they include this level of detail (which the extreme attention to building designs and the record-breaking sticker sheets indicates it might) the set will be a masterpiece. 

5 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Where did you find a girlfriend who also likes Lego? I'm asking for a friend ?

I'm pretty excited for today - for the reveal and for the sales launch. I really hope that TLG's fickle website can handle the onrushes ?

36 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Where did you find a girlfriend who also likes Lego? I'm asking for a friend ?

I'm pretty excited for today - for the reveal and for the sales launch. I really hope that TLG's fickle website can handle the onrushes ?

If I remember correctly, I think the same thing was about S@H when they did the VIP as well as official release for Hogwarts Castle. We all thought the stupid site was going to have a meltdown like it did when the Millenium falcon released, but shockingly, to my surprise, the site was really smooth for the castle release, I was able to buy one as soon as it went on sale and never experienced problems. But that still doesn't mean I'm not anxious/worried when Tuesday come and I instead opt to buy it at the LEGO store only for them to be sold out as well as the website. 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

@Juturna - Thanks for sharing your honest feelings in the build up to tomorrow’s big reveal. You are not alone in using LEGO as an outlet for your anxiety. It has helped me immensely over the last few years. However, the irony is that moments like this - awaiting a much anticipated set to go on sale - can actually increase anxiety, which defeats the whole purpose. 

My best recommendation to you would be to try unplugging for a few hours. This forum will still be here when you get back and LEGO isn’t going to put this set on sale until Tuesday at the earliest.

I personally had to unplug this weekend because I knew I would just drive myself crazy checking for updates on the release. So I turned off my phone, turned on the TV, and binged all 12 hours of the extended edition Lord of the Rings trilogy, building this beautiful beast in the process:

kSjdgWK.jpg
This is only my second LEGO Lord of the Rings set and I have to say I am absolutely blown away. I thought the Harry Potter sets were detailed, but this is a whole other level. For the ultimate Tolkien fans like me - they even included a stickered tile with a detailed drawing of Aragorn’s Ring of Barahir!

I am so excited to finally see Diagon Alley up close and personal, because if they include this level of detail (which the extreme attention to building designs and the record-breaking sticker sheets indicates it might) the set will be a masterpiece. 

Yeah no problem, my anxiety issues were mainly made permanent due to  detoxing from a 3 year heroin addiction. I would never wish opiate withdrawals on my worst enemy, especially if you're desperate and take a Suboxone to close to the last time you did any opiates, it puts you into precipitated withdrawals (image opiate withdrawals, but 100 times worse, and theres nothing you can do but wait it out). Thankfully, I've been clean since 2014, and being able to build LEGOS while detoxing saved me, even though I made a ton of building mistakes I never would have, and I was following the directions too. 

So, I was able to go offline during work today, but unfortunately couldn't stop thinking about how awesome, and stressful Tuesday will be if I can't get in line first/buy one from the store or S@H. That and I need to stop pestering the Lego store here. Since Tuesday, I've called the store at least 4 times to see if I could get one of the employees to confirm how many sets they'll have up for sale come release, but they kept dodging the question, which I understand. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll have 6-7 on Tuesday, as well as hoping that if there's some people in front of me, they won't know about the release. 

But that's enough of that talk. That LOTR set looks awesome btw, I remember watching Brick builders speed build of the set so many times, but I was too late to buy one myself. To be honest, I don't mind sticker sheets, I actually enjoy being able to put the stickers on the pieces.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

kSjdgWK.jpg

Sure is a masterpiece. One of my favorite sets I own. I’ve got all my LOTR sets displayed right underneath my HP sets and then Orthanc in its own, well deserved, spot. I got all the LOTR sets when they were out, Helms Deep has to be my second favorite, especially with the Uruk-Hai army wall section added on

Just wanted to get this question in before the likely huge surge in activity this thread is gonna get tomorrow, but to those who are planning on getting DA, are any of you thinking about what order you’ll want to build the shops in? Personally I think I’ll build WWW first, then slowly get to the others, as I can’t imagine I’ll have enough free time to build the whole thing in one sitting

4 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Just wanted to get this question in before the likely huge surge in activity this thread is gonna get tomorrow, but to those who are planning on getting DA, are any of you thinking about what order you’ll want to build the shops in? Personally I think I’ll build WWW first, then slowly get to the others, as I can’t imagine I’ll have enough free time to build the whole thing in one sitting

I anticipate the uninspired 'following of the instructions' as my means of getting to the completed set.  I like the whole thing, no plans to jump ahead, or build in a particular order.

For all those with a VIP account - there’s currently a short Harry Potter quiz you can take to earn 150 points on the VIP page. All the questions are pretty easy and (unsurprisingly) related to Diagon Alley. 

17 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I'll be building them in chronological order. I think WWW would be a good finale because of how bright and unique it is.