Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Friscorays said:

I didn't save any of the leaked image, but I believe I remember at least one picture showing the different modules sitting back to back as if being prepared to be connected to each other.

No, one picture shows the modules separated and in a semi circle arrangement, but nowhere close to back to back. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:36 PM, YetiZombie said:

Have a look at YetiZombie's album.

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Couldn't agree more. I can't stand Lego's shipping. 

Every single time I order online, somethig goes wrong, its amazing.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll make sure to post some pics of my figures in the Potter minifigure thread sometime soon :grin:

I have a few Customs in my collection too, I think it's very great to share ours to each others...

https://ibb.co/wL2f5LT

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Every single time I order online, somethig goes wrong, its amazing.

Yeah I have a similar experience with shop@home. I rather order anywhere else.

To the fellow Dutchies on this forum: HP CMF 2 is now available from brickshop.nl :)

I already ordered a full box from minifiguremadness so I'll be waiting another 3 weeks :/

41 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I have a similar experience with shop@home. I rather order anywhere else.

Yeah, I wished s@h used PostNL here in the Netherlands instead of DPD. DPD only delivers during workdays during the day whereas PostNL also does deliveries in the weekend and in the evening. Oh well, it is what it is.

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

No, one picture shows the modules separated and in a semi circle arrangement, but nowhere close to back to back. 

Have a look at YetiZombie's album.

As I said, I didn't save the picture so my mind may be playing tricks on me.  However, the pins on the back of each building and fact that the backs of the first and third buildings and second and fourth buildings match each other pretty closely in shape and height make me pretty sure that the designer went to a great deal of trouble to design the set for either display in linear fashion or in back to back fashion; for those with display space limitations or those who just prefer closed structures.

I guess the holes on the back could be there so people can easily connect a back on should they wish to do this by themselves? 

19 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

I honestly don't think Diagon Alley will sell out on the first day.

I will bet my Knuts (since I already lost all my Galleons and Sickles on betting on the DA reveal) that it do :tongue:

Makes no sense at all, but could the holes be there for those who buy a second DA :sceptic:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what’s the best way to get a full set of the new cmf without duplicates or going to a physical store?

Is it possible to do now or better to wait until they are more readily available? 

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

As I said, I didn't save the picture so my mind may be playing tricks on me.  However, the pins on the back of each building and fact that the backs of the first and third buildings and second and fourth buildings match each other pretty closely in shape and height make me pretty sure that the designer went to a great deal of trouble to design the set for either display in linear fashion or in back to back fashion; for those with display space limitations or those who just prefer closed structures.

??? The set clearly isn’t designed to be back to back, it would look awful.    They added the connectors to give options, hardly a great deal of effort.

The similarity in size between 1st/3rd and 2nd/4th is just because of the baseplates. They obviously wanted 4 modules, 1 per base plate. With 6 shops (not counting the DP door and entrance to KA) that meant two would fill a base plate each and 4 would share 2 base plates. QQS and WWW are portrayed as bigger shops in the films so they got a base plate each. This then forced QQS to fill a base plate which may explain why it seems slightly larger than it perhaps ideally would. But we’re into the constraints of designing and building in Lego here, nothing more.

It is interesting to read about all the theories behind the design, appeal to girls, display back to back etc. when it seems obvious to me it’s just based on the films.

I’m trying to work out where to display this. Looks like the best bet will be a book shelf so hoping the depth is no more than 20cm. Do we know what the depth is? A 16x32 baseplate would be 13cm but looks like the stairs come back beyond the baseplate.

14 hours ago, deskp said:

Dunno if anyone suggested this yet,  but if you want to fix your  Lucius face

Replace it with the one they used for Krum, its quite good for Lucius.  Besides if you like me replaced Krums face already you got some spares laying around.

I do have a photo shopped version of him with that face in my gallery if people want to see.

I'm going to be using a Mirkwood elf head, it's a similar face to Krum's but instead of having a smile on the alternate face, he's gonna be screaming out in anger at Harry for freeing Dobby ?

50 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

??? The set clearly isn’t designed to be back to back, it would look awful.    They added the connectors to give options, hardly a great deal of effort.

The similarity in size between 1st/3rd and 2nd/4th is just because of the baseplates. They obviously wanted 4 modules, 1 per base plate. With 6 shops (not counting the DP door and entrance to KA) that meant two would fill a base plate each and 4 would share 2 base plates. QQS and WWW are portrayed as bigger shops in the films so they got a base plate each. This then forced QQS to fill a base plate which may explain why it seems slightly larger than it perhaps ideally would. But we’re into the constraints of designing and building in Lego here, nothing more.

It is interesting to read about all the theories behind the design, appeal to girls, display back to back etc. when it seems obvious to me it’s just based on the films.

I’m trying to work out where to display this. Looks like the best bet will be a book shelf so hoping the depth is no more than 20cm. Do we know what the depth is? A 16x32 baseplate would be 13cm but looks like the stairs come back beyond the baseplate.

Wait till monday before you dismiss the purpose of the shape and pin connectors on the back. Once the designer video releases we will know exactly what the designers had in mind. 

Regarding your first paragraph please consider looking at the arch above the Daily Prophet entrance (the height), the spider web and the attic above QQS. Now look at the Knockturn Alley entrance and imagine it back to back with QQS. They lowered the lbg arch of the Daily Prophet (and eliminated a possible first floor) just so that it would fit with Knockturn Alley. The non-canon and unneccesary attic of QQS seems also to be introduced to make it the same height as WWW.

As I said your interpretation and mine are both valid guesses till the designer video is released. But consider why the buildings align the way they do...

59 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

Options for what? Not only are they similar in size, the shapes of the backs match up pretty much perfectly.  This is most obvious with Olivander's and Flourish and Blotts sections.  Imagine reversing one and backing it up to the other and I believe they will link up without difficulty.  So in short I think you will be proven wrong.  We will all presumably know for sure in few days.  I'm not sure why this concept seems to offend people.  If the set can be displayed back to back, this just increases options and possibilities.  One can display the set as one likes and I imagine second expansion set for this is already designed and will match up nicely as well.

1 hour ago, B2Brixet said:

The depth is 5 inches I think.

On 8/25/2020 at 2:39 AM, Micmac said:

I mentioned it before and I know it is movie accurate but I think its the layout of Quality Quidditch supplies that is annoying everyone and the colour just amplifies it. The building is all out of balance with one window bigger than the other and then the right side of the building continues over the daily prophet. It give it large areas of wall that stand out. I've done a quick photoshop alteration on my instagram account, I don't think I can put the image up here but have a look and see what you think

@micmacpadwac

Hey did you remove it from your instagram? I thought it was beautifully done and really illustrated how to correct some things that bugged, while helping to make clear why some of the design as is decisions make sense. (Unequal windows on the street level help make the DA line-up a little less ordered while also leaving more space for a broom display. (In the film, it only had the one wide window, for instance.) The second small one here gives us a spot to display a mannequin, which is pretty clever. Now that I've recognised that, I'm happier with their design, but still feel like the colour or arrangement of the first floor windows/ roofline needs addressing, and that was something else you had tackled.) Anyway, looking at your photoshopped version was giving me some ideas, but when I went to refer to it today, I could no longer find it. (And thanks for doing it in the first place.)

1 hour ago, B2Brixet said:

Stonewars.de had captured the specs / description when the Lego site recently inadvertently published them:

"Measuring over 11” (29cm) high, 40” (102cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep, this LEGO® Harry Potter Diagon Alley set is crammed to the rooftops with authentic details."

@krimimimi Lego has had everyone delete DA pics from Instagram until it is fully revealed.

To everyone who is doubting the two fully closed building idea, know that it isn’t supposed to be the ideal way to present the street, but for some people into modular having them connect would be crucial. There’s just no other logical reason for the pins and QQS to perfectly match with WWW, including DP with Knockturn Alley. It kind of sucks that QQS has to look a little wonky, but it is what it is.

Thanks, @Modal. That helps. I thought it was only affiliated fan sites that were forced to. 

Edited by krimimimi

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

.....As I said your interpretation and mine are both valid guesses till the designer video is released. But consider why the buildings align the way they do...

In my opinion, you severely underestimate your interpretation by calling it a guess.  All the evidence points to this being a fact, one that seems pretty obvious to me.  It won't be all that pretty (IMHO) but it will be easily done.  I'll bet a million theoretical bricks on it....

2 hours ago, B2Brixet said:

The sizes of the baseplates are identical to Modular buildings; except half as deep.  So the whole thing will be 4x 32 studs wide, and only 16 studs deep.  It it is only 16 studs deep it should fit easily on a normal bookshelf. You just have to make sure the width of the shelf is wide enough, I guess...

Am I wrong or does this make sense ?...

11 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Limited display space.

5 hours ago, Friscorays said:

I get space limitations, we all do. I have no idea where mine’s going to go, no matter how I display it. But it makes zero sense. Why would the designers design a set where they suggest you take a set that was meant to be a row of buildings, & hide half of them? Or if back to back, instead of having them go along the line the of the shelf, turn it 90 degrees so you look straight at the sides of the buildings? I guess we’ll all see in due time. If anything, if you want to display it two buildings together, having two on one side front facing the other two on the opposite, to create an alley. 

B&N has updated their HP page & they have a couple of fun videos on there, one behind the scenes. 

Edited by Vindicare

the burrow was removed from shop at home (at least in the U.S.) anybody know why?

9 minutes ago, Surge said:

the burrow was removed from shop at home (at least in the U.S.) anybody know why?

So was the Resistance I-TS Transport...maybe something to do with Target exclusivity?

24 minutes ago, Surge said:

Same in Canada, not showing at all.  Maybe there is a GWP invisibility cloak with it and they included it on the item listing?