Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

To steer things back to topic: anyone else creating a crap ton of custom figures to populate DA?

Yeah I am reusing a lot of the pieces from fantastic beasts sets and minifigure series.

1 minute ago, bluedog1111 said:

Sorry I was just feeding the fire. I will try to ignore him and leave it to Captain Nemo to take care of him.

You don’t need to apologise, everyone does it ☺️

To steer things back to topic: anyone else creating a crap ton of custom figures to populate DA?

No, but I can see the appeal. It needs lots of figs and creatures to give it some life. I just don't have the funds and I'm a purist at heart. Are you going to?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

No, but I can see the appeal. It needs lots of figs and creatures to give it some life. I just don't have the funds and I'm a purist at heart. Are you going to?

I've already created 17 of them :tongue:

Haha good going! You'll have to post a pic when you have it all set up. :)

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have to find a way to fit the Lego Tardis in the DA

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would love to see what figs people are making/using. I plan to put some of the cmfs like griphook and kingsley 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

oooo please post pics!

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Tucked into Knockturn Alley. That would be cool. :)

Dude, that's an amazing idea!

Maybe we can put Dr Strange going out of KA too!

Also, it would be fun to put the Beatles minifigs on the top of one of the buildings

(I know this is not HP related, but c'mon, it's fun to have a place for all the british themed characters).

Just now, PGBQW said:

Dude, that's an amazing idea!

Maybe we can put Dr Strange going out of KA too!

Also, it would be fun to put the Beatles minifigs on the top of one of the buildings

(I know this is not HP related, but c'mon, it's fun to have a place for all the british themed characters).

Lol thank you, :) Well if you can do it I would love to see!

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lol thank you, :) Well if you can do it I would love to see!

Gotta take some time 'till I get the DA set, but as soon as I get it I'll let ya know!

(Tbh, I'm not a huge HP fan, but the sets look really fun, so I'm starting to collect them)

Just now, PGBQW said:

Gotta take some time 'till I get the DA set, but as soon as I get it I'll let ya know!

(Tbh, I'm not a huge HP fan, but the sets look really fun, so I'm starting to collect them)

Sure no pressure. It just sounds like a fun diorama. :)

12 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Ooo... I hadn’t even considered that, but it would be loads of fun. I was already considering picking up an extra CMF Ginny to use her hair for a custom Amy Pond. (Honestly, most of the Doctors would fit easily into any Wizarding World scene. I wish we had more, Lego really missed out when they only did the one ideas set and stuck to the characters in the current season of the time :P)

(On an unrelated note - sincere thanks to whichever mod took care of that troll and their inappropriate photos)

Slightly off topic, but why is there a 10kb limit on images here? It’s basically impossible for me to post an image without compressing it to basically tens of pixels

24 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I'll probably put it right behind the knockturn alley entrance. That is until we either get a leaky cauldron or I build one myself, at which point it goes somewhere next to it. Or if Gringotts turns out to have another alley entrance next to it I will maybe even put it there. Either way the perfect set to finally display the tardis in something London.

Just now, Modal said:

Slightly off topic, but why is there a 10kb limit on images here? It’s basically impossible for me to post an image without compressing it to basically tens of pixels

Isn't that only an issue when uploading straight from your own computer? I think most people just post the image first on an image sharing website

Just now, Modal said:

It's pretty ridiculous, I usually upload to an image hosting site like imgur so I don't have to worry about compressing them.

3 hours ago, Modal said:

I will say though, as someone who isn’t that big a fan of Brickheadz, I think Hagrid and Buckbeak are the cutest and most well built (Surprise surprise Marcos designed them). I could potentially display them.

That would be a great thing;... if it looks good it will be more popular later on, and thus easier to sell and for more money !...  :pir-huzzah2:

why did Lego never change the hair for harry before the reboot? I get it for the first 3, but the it should have been different at least for Deathly Hallows, as the 2010/2011 sets waves were kinda a reboot (at least in my mind). Also Ron and Hermione had different hair in those waves

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For those interested, I posted the first part of my custom DA figures over on the HP Minifigures thread :wink:

so good! also really cool how you made backstorys for all of them

16 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

That would be a great thing;... if it looks good it will be more popular later on, and thus easier to sell and for more money !...  :pir-huzzah2:

Lol, nice to see I’m not the only one underwhelmed by the brickheadz theme. I just can’t get into the style (same with Funko Pop!s), so I’ll probably be reselling the gwp Hagrid and Buckbeak I get to someone who’ll actually enjoy it - and if the scarcity and popularity mean people are willing to pay a lot for it :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Surge said:

why did Lego never change the hair for harry before the reboot?

I think the minifigs were supposed to be timeless and thus interchangeable between scenarios, which is also why they never used short legs, even well after their introduction in 2002. Just look at the 2010/2011 sets: with a few exceptions, they’re not based on a single movie, often including elements from multiple ones (CoS Hogwarts Express scene + HBP Luna in the same set anyone?). Also, screen accuracy was apparently far less important than in the reboot :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

So is a Knockturn Alley expansion basically dead since we know the technic pins are for QQS connection and not a new set?

how do people think the sets can connect with the stairs sticking out of Olivanders and Flourish and Blotts? not saying I disagree with the theory, just not sure how it would work