Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yep, I plan on keeping mine sealed since I have no interest in displaying it ?

I will say though, as someone who isn’t that big a fan of Brickheadz, I think Hagrid and Buckbeak are the cutest and most well built (Surprise surprise Marcos designed them). I could potentially display them.

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I will say though, as someone who isn’t that big a fan of Brickheadz, I think Hagrid and Buckbeak are the cutest and most well built (Surprise surprise Marcos designed them). I could potentially display them.

Agreed! We'll see for sure once I have it in hand haha. I think Marcos is actually the design lead and creator of Brickheadz, so he probably had a large part in designing all of them.

Edited by YetiZombie

I honestly don't think Diagon Alley will sell out on the first day. I feel that it has a few to many problems to do that. first the target audience for it is kids I don't think to many kids would have that kind of money especially with most of them having only about a weeks notice with through the bricks. Second no Gringotts for people who were on the fence about it I think not having Grinngotts (and also the leaky cauldron) kind of pushed them over in to the side that won't buy it (immediately anyways). And finally the open backs I think it is fine not having the backs, but if it could of connected better to creator expert sets that would have made a lot more people buy it. 

5 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I honestly don't think Diagon Alley will sell out on the first day. I feel that it has a few to many problems to do that. first the target audience for it is kids I don't think to many kids would have that kind of money especially with most of them having only about a weeks notice with through the bricks. Second no Gringotts for people who were on the fence about it I think not having Grinngotts (and also the leaky cauldron) kind of pushed them over in to the side that won't buy it (immediately anyways). And finally the open backs I think it is fine not having the backs, but if it could of connected better to creator expert sets that would have made a lot more people buy it. 

It can though, they all connect to form 2 fully-closed buildings.

Eh I think it’s obvious Gringotts is coming later, I don’t know anyone who has ultimately been turned off from that, and I’m one of the people most vocal about Gringotts.

If you want to have the kid/adult debate, EVERY Harry Potter set is for kids, of course. Doesn’t mean they don’t appeal to adults either. Basically every set Lego has ever made, barring the highest end $500+ models, are for kids. I don’t think Diagon Alley is going to be any less attractive than the yearly modular set.

Edited by Modal

I really like the look of the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz but I'm not really a fan of the theme (don't have any of them). I might build it but I'll most likely just keep it sealed to sell at a later time :sceptic:

27 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

The Burrow is designed for kids, has an open back (technically side) and sold out within the first few hours. I think DA will sell out quite quickly and also have to agree with @Modal: I was fairly vocal on Gringotts needing to be included but now having seen the set I'm glad it's not in there and I'm still planning to get it day 1!

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was fairly vocal on Gringotts needing to be included but now having seen the set I'm glad it's not in there and I'm still planning to get it day 1!

So was I, and I‘ve also switched sides immediatedly after having seen the leaks :sweet: They would‘ve had to exclude A LOT of stuff to fit Gringotts in there or increase the price by quite a bit. This will undoubtedly sell out within a few hours, mark my words :tongue:

As if we didn’t have enough extra wands, they decided to give us an entire extra pair in the AC. Ollivander is gonna  we’d that older building just to store the wands. 

Edited by Vindicare

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

So was I, and I‘ve also switched sides immediatedly after having seen the leaks :sweet: They would‘ve had to exclude A LOT of stuff to fit Gringotts in there or increase the price by quite a bit. This will undoubtedly sell out within a few hours, mark my words :tongue:

Won’t be able to purchase this day one, if it sells out quickly, am I wrong to assume there’s a good chance it comes back into stock by the holiday season? 

21 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Won’t be able to purchase this day one, if it sells out quickly, am I wrong to assume there’s a good chance it comes back into stock by the holiday season? 

From my experience with the 2018 Hogwarts, yes. I waited to get it until they (finally) announced when the microscale DA gwp would be available, so I didn’t get it until November. There were all sorts of problems with preorder waiting lists filling up and stores selling out when it was first released, but by the time I got it I didn’t have any trouble. 

2 minutes ago, MrActae said:

I want lord of the rings back not Harry Potter 

I think you're in the wrong thread for that bud.

I want lord of the rings back not Harry Potter 

What’s amazing is that you can go post a Lord of the Rings thread so you don’t have to deal with Harry Potter :wink:

Just now, MrActae said:

I just asked when it ends. I don't like Harry Potter, it's such a boring and dull franchise with no soul. Lord of the rings is amazing with life and love and soul. Harry Potter is the most soulless franchise. Sorry. 

There’s no end in sight, sorry to tell you lol but I understand wanting your favorite franchise to come back! Be vocal (and positive) and Lego will listen :)

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

This will undoubtedly sell out within a few hours, mark my words :tongue:

I feel like Lego is better prepared this time though compared to when the piano released. as far as I know a lot of their factories have been able to reopen which means a lot more stock of Diagon Alleys. I think it will definitely last longer than the piano did.

I hope you are right. I want lord of the rings or even lego Zelda. Just no more Harry Potter, you guys had 20 years of lego Harry Potter sets. 

Well you don't accomplish much by telling us that. We like Harry Potter you like Lord of the rings. We each like what we like and it accomplishes nothing by being rude about the theme other people like.

Just now, MrActae said:

But I am not rude. I just said my opinion and I think Harry Potter is bad, very bad with no style or substance 

But you are being rude because these comments are completely useless in a thread FOR Harry Potter. Best of luck man

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Guys, don’t feed the obvious troll ??‍♂️

Eh let’s get this thread HOT again lol

But I am not rude. I just said my opinion and I think Harry Potter is bad, very bad with no style or substance 

Well we respectfully disagree. could you go somewhere else now? If you don't want to discuss Lego harry potter in a way that isn't insulting to the rest of us.

Edited by bluedog1111

Just now, MrActae said:

But where could I go? No need to be rude, I didn't insult anyone, it's not personnel. I just don't like Harry Potter 

If you don't like Harry Potter what are you doing here in the first place?

It’s like a bad smell, if you ignore it (or in this case, stop replying to it) maybe it’ll go away ??‍♂️

Well fingers crossed then :tongue:

It’s like a bad smell, if you ignore it (or in this case, stop replying to it) maybe it’ll go away ??‍♂️

Sorry I was just feeding the fire. I will try to ignore him and leave it to Captain Nemo to take care of him.

6 minutes ago, MrActae said:

Kind of ironic that your avatar is Cedric Diggory... Robert Pattinson