Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Do they typically put a “price” on GWP’s? How much was Micro DA?

24 minutes ago, Ninja_whip said:

Unfortunately I don’t. Sorry! 

No worries, thanks for the response!

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Do they typically put a “price” on GWP’s? How much was Micro DA?

it says $19.99 here: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/diagon-alley-40289.

Apparently the limited edition batmobile was also $29.99...now I'm starting to think there's a legit chance this is going to be a GWP with the set.

Edited by YetiZombie

Dope, I would put my money down that that Harry is coming with a GWP this year

17 minutes ago, Modal said:

Dope, I would put my money down that that Harry is coming with a GWP this year

I think it's a good possibility, I'm with you on this!

Just now, Beasty_Boy0800 said:

I think it's a good possibility, I'm with you on this!

And of course they wouldn’t align it with DA because they know they can get another $100 out of each and every one of us ?

8 minutes ago, Modal said:

And of course they wouldn’t align it with DA because they know they can get another $100 out of each and every one of us ?

Of course not, they want to make profit, they know we're gonna give them our wallets :laugh_hard::pir-bawling:

15 minutes ago, Modal said:

I still feel like it wouldn't make any sense for it to be a GWP later this year. Microscale DA made a bit of sense because it didn't tie directly into microscale Hogwarts (you can appreciate DA without Hogwarts), and Crimes of Grindelwald came out that month so they were promoting HP stuff in general. But in this case, there's no HP related thing to promote later this year, and the GWP would go hand-in-hand with DA which most die-hard fans would've already bought. Even though LEGO would stand to make more money and screw us over by delaying the GWP, there's just no logical explanation for it. Their GWPs aren't random - they always coincide with something.

On the other hand, I also thought there was no way Gringotts would be excluded and here we are :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by YetiZombie

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I still feel like it wouldn't make any sense for it to be a GWP later this year. Microscale DA made a bit of sense because it didn't tie directly into microscale Hogwarts (you can appreciate DA without Hogwarts), and Crimes of Grindelwald came out that month so they were promoting HP stuff in general. But in this case, there's no HP related thing to promote later this year, and the GWP would go hand-in-hand with DA which most die-hard fans would've already bought. Even though LEGO would stand to make more money and screw us over by delaying the GWP, there's just no logical explanation for it. Their GWPs aren't random - they always coincide with something.

Although, on the other hand, I also thought there was no way Gringotts would be excluded and here we are :shrug_oh_well:

While it does make the most sense that a gwp featuring the 1st movie Harry would be tied directly to the Diagon Alley set, I literally cannot fathom how they’d have kept said gwp set from leaking by now if that were the case. The Lego stores theoretically should have gotten the cases of GWPs in at the same time as the D2Cs, and since the DA box seems to have leaked from the back room of a store, I would have expected any hitherto unknown gwp linked to it to leak around the same time. But so far the only indication that there’s something else out there is the leaked Harry minifigure. Seriously, have we ever not known about an exclusive gwp this close to the release?

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

While it does make the most sense that a gwp featuring the 1st movie Harry would be tied directly to the Diagon Alley set, I literally cannot fathom how they’d have kept said gwp set from leaking by now if that were the case. The Lego stores theoretically should have gotten the cases of GWPs in at the same time as the D2Cs, and since the DA box seems to have leaked from the back room of a store, I would have expected any hitherto unknown gwp linked to it to leak around the same time. But so far the only indication that there’s something else out there is the leaked Harry minifigure. Seriously, have we ever not known about an exclusive gwp this close to the release?

Yeah, this is the one thing that doesn't add up. Apparently microscale DA leaked late August 2018 (someone found it in a shop), so it must have been a shock to see that come out over two months later.

I can believe this mystery GWP being in November if there's some reason for it (other than LEGO wanting to screw over HP fans).

Edited by YetiZombie

----
I stand corrected. LEGO did something like this in 2016 when they released the 1966 Batcave in March (February for VIPs) and released a Mr. Freeze polybag in April, which was clearly meant to be an add-on to the Batcave. Guess that's what we're in for this time. Good thing we know this might happen in advance though!

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

I can believe this mystery GWP being in November if there's some reason for it (other than LEGO wanting to screw over HP fans).

Well, yeah, why offer the GWP at the same time as the release of Diagon Alley when hardcore fans can buy the 400$ set now and spend an additional 50$ later for the GWP.

I have no interest in the non-D2C Harry Potter sets (though that Astronomy Tower is tempting), but my plan for an eventual GWP is to buy the Diagon Alley on release, then wait to get the CMF to populate DA if and when a HP GWP comes out down the road.

Okay.  has anyone thought about the missing Harry potentially coming in a summer HP wave ?

I know am probably going to get shut down in a matter of minutes, but it would make a lot of sense. There are already 2 Harry potter GWPs coming, so why would there be another. It is also very unlikely that it belongs to a set next year because they wouldn't be in manufacturing yet. So we could get a one or two set wave in Jan. 

i does seem unlikely, but it is always a possibly. Personally, I like HP being a one wave theme. If we got a summer wave every year, it could eventually turn into star wars. With set remakes every year.

Idk, It just came to me while I was thinking last night. Would like to hear other thoughts. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Okay.  has anyone thought about the missing Harry potentially coming in a summer HP wave ?

I know am probably going to get shut down in a matter of minutes, but it would make a lot of sense. There are already 2 Harry potter GWPs coming, so why would there be another. It is also very unlikely that it belongs to a set next year because they wouldn't be in manufacturing yet. So we could get a one or two set wave in Jan. 

i does seem unlikely, but it is always a possibly. Personally, I like HP being a one wave theme. If we got a summer wave every year, it could eventually turn into star wars. With set remakes every year.

Idk, It just came to me while I was thinking last night. Would like to hear other thoughts. 

I think the reason nobody’s considering that is because it’s way too early for anything from a 2021 2HY set to leak. Next year’s summer sets are probably only in the very first stages of the design process, so the minifigures for them wouldn’t even be decided on yet, never mind be in production. 

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the reason nobody’s considering that is because it’s way too early for anything from a 2021 2HY set to leak. Next year’s summer sets are probably only in the very first stages of the design process, so the minifigures for them wouldn’t even be decided on yet, never mind be in production. 

Oh sorry. I am Australian. When I say summer wave. I mean your winter waves. As in January/December waves. 

I don’t remember this being mentioned other than Kohl’s, but I found the AC at Target tonight while hunting for more CMFs. 

14 hours ago, Modal said:

Is anyone else worried that 2021 might be the last year for this Harry Potter run? I only say that because it will be containing the last two movies. That’s also why I was asking about Lego theme sales yesterday - I’m hoping HP does well enough to justify a permanent-ish spot in Lego’s arsenal like Star Wars :classic:

Short answer; NO :tongue:

13 hours ago, Modal said:

Do we have evidence of that? I looked up the 2019 Financial results and they list the top selling themes as Lego City, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Friends, Lego Classic, Lego Star Wars, and Lego Technic. 

Source: https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-group-2019-annual-report-results/

Personally, I don’t know how HP isn’t bigger than some of those, which is why I was a bit scared.

In 2018 4 of the top 10 best selling sets where from WW/HP, no other theme had more than 1 set on that list!

• Lego City 1
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 0
  • Lego Friends 1
  • Lego Classic 1
  • Lego Star Wars 1
  • Lego Technic 1

As already mentioned it is the total sale that is mentioned in the financial result, so a small theme do not have a chance against the big guns there, but that do not matter when the sets are outselling other sets. So unless HP sold a lot less in 2019 and 2020 there is no way Lego will retire a theme that is selling that well :wink:

Happy birthday :classic:

12 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Uh... a monster book of monsters set?

I don't think it's going to be a normal set, but a polybag. That was the rumour a while back and the number sounds like a polybag number. ?

3 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Really hoping this is like Newt’s case... but I sadly doubt it.

Would be great if it came with some grindylows, mermaids, blast ended skrewts etc. but I doubt it.

Apparently it's probably $20-30 price range based on the set number so a potential GWP perhaps?  I expect it'll be a large brick built book but it would be nice if it was a minifigure scale leaky cauldron bedroom - where we first encounter the book.

I was kind of hoping the GWP would be another micro Diagon AlIey, but featuring the other side of the street.

Also, as I cannot stand Instagram and refuse to have an account, is there any alternative place to find all these leaks that keep dropping?

Hasn‘t that „rumour“ been shot down already? Lego_fans_news is really starting to get on my nerves :tongue: They repost anything they find without giving credit and don’t even check if what they’re posting has been debunked already. They also just reheated the list of cancelled Overwatch sets :facepalm:

To be honest, from a marketing perspective it makes a lot of sense to include the leaked HP figure in a GWP after the initial release of the DA set. Most of us who want the DA set and can afford it are likely to buy it pretty soon after release, so by adding a small ‘carrot’ a few months later it’ll no doubt convince those on the fence to go out and buy it (without even mentioning the inevitable pre-Christmas push).

Edited by TheInvisibleMan