Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

We now know what the GWPs will be: Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz for $100+ LEGO Harry Potter purchases, and the Owl Delivery bagged set for $40+ in-store purchases.

So where is our lost little Harry minifig in his Year 1 Muggle clothes from??? What does everyone think?

Could we be getting a small Leaky Cauldron build with the brick wall that is so heavily featured in all the promo materials? Is Gringott’s being released this year? Or Borgin and Burke’s? Maybe a set with Madam Malkin’s (featuring Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes) and Eylops Owl Emporium?

There are so many possible sets this little minifig could be from. This is the biggest mystery of the year for me... We were not anticipating another set! Is the HP-4 $30 code and price point a clue? I have so many Questions... Questions that need answering! 

Just because it’s not the GWP for September doesn’t mean it won’t be a GWP down the line. My money is still on it being a GWP for November.

Just now, Modal said:

Just because it’s not the GWP for September doesn’t mean it won’t be a GWP down the line. My money is still on it being a GWP for November.

Three Harry Potter themed GWPs within the span of a few months? Have any of the other licensed themes had anything similar?

15 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yeah, I think if the first year muggle clothes Harry came in a gwp specifically linked to the D2C we’d have seen leaks of the actual set he’s part of by now. More likely he’s coming in something a couple months in the future. 

48 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Three Harry Potter themed GWPs within the span of a few months? Have any of the other licensed themes had anything similar?

I haven’t been following Lego the past few years so I couldn’t say. Fingers crossed ? 

Inquiring again, as it may have been lost in the DA talk...has anyone in the States asked about release dates for B&N? I checked today & the only thing they have in their system is the Hedwig set. Either way I’m still heading there on the first. I have a $25 gift card that I plan to put to good use on the Forbidden Forest set. 

9 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

You could collect the CMF series but that's a completely unrelated separate product. A bookstore should come with more than 2 books. 

I'm also not sure where you're seeing four wand boxes. In the interior picture Ollivander is holding one, there is one on a shelf, and another (missing a lid) in the window. Regardless three or four wand boxes is a very low amount. There is no reason they couldn't have included a few more proper boxes instead of brickbuilt ones. 

Two in the window. As many said before, its hard to stack books without studs :) And yes its a different product but they are made to communicate to each other ;)

28 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Inquiring again, as it may have been lost in the DA talk...has anyone in the States asked about release dates for B&N? I checked today & the only thing they have in their system is the Hedwig set. Either way I’m still heading there on the first. I have a $25 gift card that I plan to put to good use on the Forbidden Forest set. 

When I was in my local B&N last week the person I talked with insisted that all the sets for the rest of the year had been revealed & they weren't getting anything in until September because the sets hadn't been released yet & weren't due out until some time in September.  She also told me the only thing they would be getting was Hedwig.  When I responded that the Target 2 miles away already had the HP wave she keep insisting that nothing had been released yet since they don't come out until next month, so basically called me a liar for saying that the sets were available somewhere else.  It was quite a frustrating conversation to me.  She refused to acknowledge any chance of any yet to be revealed mystery set (Diagon Alley).  Just keep repeating that everything for the rest of the year had been revealed already and there was nothing else in their system for the rest of the year.  And they weren't getting anything until next month but only Hedwig and that was it for the rest of the year.

Edited by karrit

31 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

What is GWP? ;)

Gift with purchase, the free sets you get when you order over certain amounts at lego. 

35 minutes ago, karrit said:

When I was in my local B&N last week the person I talked with insisted that all the sets for the rest of the year had been revealed & they weren't getting anything in until September because the sets hadn't been released yet & weren't due out until some time in September.  She also told me the only thing they would be getting was Hedwig.  When I responded that the Target 2 miles away already had the HP wave she keep insisting that nothing had been released yet since they don't come out until next month, so basically called me a liar for saying that the sets were available somewhere else.  It was quite a frustrating conversation to me.  She refused to acknowledge any chance of any yet to be revealed mystery set (Diagon Alley).  Just keep repeating that everything for the rest of the year had been revealed already and there was nothing else in their system for the rest of the year.  And they weren't getting anything until next month but only Hedwig and that was it for the rest of the year.

That’s disappointing. Surely B&N isn’t only getting Hedwig...that wouldn’t  ale any sense. Guess  find out next week.

31 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

What is GWP? ;)

Gift With Purchase. 

3 hours ago, strangely said:

I feel like it would have been more accurate to give them cloth capes instead, especially since we've gotten some good cape designs in recent years that are actually pretty close to what's seen in the movie

I'd love that too. I wish Lego made capes with more substance to it, ie ones that cover more than just the back. I'm thinking something similar to Invisibility Cloak from CMF, but with a bit of open space for hands

The „feel free to test-fly any of our brooms“ sign is a print, right? Can‘t remember seeing it on any of the sticker sheets... If so, funny that they printed that one instead of something more deserving like the cover on Lockharts books or some of the store signs :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The „feel free to test-fly any of our brooms“ sign is a print, right? Can‘t remember seeing it on any of the sticker sheets... If so, funny that they printed that one instead of something more deserving like the cover on Lockharts books or some of the store signs :shrug_oh_well:

I'm 99% sure it's a sticker. That's one of the few I actually remembered from the sticker sheet reveal.

Definitely there. Just checked: maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

You did it, you fixed the cube.

It definitely looks better, but unfortunately it makes it much more inaccurate. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous in the dark red that someone photo-shopped, but again... not accurate. I hated the pink cube at first, but after re-watching the movies and looking at the details and realising how accurate the original design is. I love it now! 

Edited by chris6507

Haven't seen this posted, but the Toy Newsi website has very, very clear pictures of Diagon Alley, and one of the photos shows the sooty face Harry. 

Edited to add, it looks like an alternate face, as the body is the same as the clean face Harry. 

Edited by InkyStar

Has anyone else noticed how similar Lockhart’s new face is to the original one, with the necessary updates of course? Raised eye-brow, prominent cheek lines, open-mouth smile with visible perly whites :laugh: 

10 hours ago, axeleng said:

"I know what you're thinking, did I cast six spells, or just five? Well, do you feel lucky, muggle?"

Thank you for this, it has been on my mind ever since people started calling the leaked PS Harry "Dirty Harry" :D

Has anyone seen the CMF box layout posted anywhere (i.e. which characters are in each row)? This has proven to be a useful and fairly accurate guide for the last few series.

I'm honestly surprised LEGO hasn't taken that article down yet :tongue:

25 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Anyone know the size of the baseplates used for Diagon Alley?

Pretty sure people were talking about 16x32

It's a small detail of course but it would've been cool if LEGO reused Umbridge's nanofigure for the Umbridge toy-thingy WWW has:

Dolores Umbridge Toy | Potterpedia, the Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

As good as DA is, and it is good, I do have some reservations. 

Figures:

Fred and George are perfect. Fortescue is wonderful - two new prints and a hair piece in a new colour! Ginny is good, Molly has the weird hair from the Burrow, but the lack of printing on the skirt is less distracting here. The photographer has a clever recoloured hat, even if it isn't completely accurate, but the black facial hair should be dark grey. Hagrid is a good as ever, but will be my third so not too exciting. Not sure which Ollivander I prefer, but as it's so similar to the GWP version, another not too exciting one.

Lockhart looks great, I'm not sure about the hairstyle (colour is right) and face print though. Looks a little too chiselled. Lucius has a great torso, but the face print is all wrong. My personal preference is tan over BLY as the hair colour for the Malfoy family, luckily Draco' s pieces are available in tan, but for Lucius the closest options are his 2003 or 2010 versions. That's my own personal choice though. 

Draco's torso is great, but not accurate to the scene. Hopefully we'll get more Slytherin robes in future, cheaper sets other than the two expensive ones they've appeared in. The trio I'm torn on. On one hand they should be more open and show casual clothes underneath, on the other hand getting another three would cover Fred, George and Percy's outfits from that scene. Costly though. 

Arthur Weasley should have been included, even if his hat piece was just a recoloured CMF Wizard/Death Eater. 

Accessories:

Ollivanders, Scribbulus and Flourish and Blotts all extend out over the edge of the baseplate, but only F&B and WWW have accessories to occupy the extra space with the desk and love potion stand. Other accessories like bookcases, wand shelves, a desk for the Daily Prophet office, Quidditch Gear, WWW products, table and chairs for the parlour and maybe some bins, boxes or the chestnut roasting machine could go in Knockturn Alley. 

Another owl, or perhaps a dark creature to live in KA would be welcome too. 

Buildings:

The spiderweb in the DP office seems a bit lazy to be honest, perhaps a chandelier would have been more interesting. Also, as good as WWW is, it seems to be lacking in actual products. 

Flourish and Blotts isn't based on either of its appearances, which makes me think it's structure may be based on the second hand bookshop. I haven't had a chance to check that though. Also, Knockturn Alley isn't the alleyway next to WWW, but combining them creatively has worked well. 

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining, I'm really excited for this set and look forward to getting it and modding it, and seeing what others do with it. Nitpicks aside I am very impressed. Assuming Gringotts gets a stand alone set, I would love to see a follow up set or sets one day with the Leaky Cauldron, Magical Menagerie, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment, Madam Malkins, Potages Cauldron Shop and the Apothecaries in a similar style. 

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a small detail of course but it would've been cool if LEGO reused Umbridge's nanofigure for the Umbridge toy-thingy WWW has:

There are some nanofigs on the topmost floor of WWW, so maybe there’s one hidden up there? :laugh: Not counting on it, but it would be hilarious if they did that. 

2 hours ago, InkyStar said:

Haven't seen this posted, but the Toy Newsi website has very, very clear pictures of Diagon Alley, and one of the photos shows the sooty face Harry. 

Edited to add, it looks like an alternate face, as the body is the same as the clean face Harry. 

Link posted back on page 601.....