Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Has anyone else noticed that in the interior picture of QQS, with Lucius and Draco, on the left there is a display with what appear to be some Beaters' clubs. However, the clubs seem to be simply floating in the air unattached to the display. Can anyone figure out how they are attached or is this a rendering blunder?

Although these pictures are much much better, I still love it the same (a lot) I do appreciate getting confirmation those are indeed new wand boxes though! Hopefully many of WWW’s products will be usable and not just builds that give the illusion of packed shelves.

Regarding minifigures, I really love about 5 torsos and the fact that Lockhart is getting a new face, same for Lucius’ hair, but that’s about it. Everything else is meh (I don’t care for Florean or the photographer tbh)

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

(I don’t care for Florean or the photographer tbh)

I find amusing that they are promoting the exclusive photographer minifigure as a selling point for the set 

13 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

You are a star! I screenshotted all the photos earlier in case the site got obliterated, but this is so much clearer to see them altogether. Thank you. :sweet:

No prob! Glad you and others found it helpful :classic:

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Good edit, but I don't prefer the dark red. You've given me newfound appreciation for the gelatinous pink cube.

I’m glad I helped either way :) Marcos knows best!

1 minute ago, Modal said:

I’m glad I helped either way :) Marcos knows best!

I've got to agree, the pink does look better.  The all dark red is just a bit too dark. Thanks for the link.

The thing is, the pink of the building in the screenshot of the video with the Phelps brothers doesn't look half as dark as that render makes it look. I'm thinking that in reality it will be Hagrid's umbrella colour which I don't mind.

Diagon Alley looks beautiful, pink gelatinous cube and all!

The only mistake is the flat roofs of most of the buildings; yes, it's accurate to the movie set, but that's because the set was limited by how tall the studio is, not how tall the buildings "should" be! I'll definitely be adding some sloping ye olde roofs to them at some point!

After seeing the new pictures, I have to say, I am loving the build. It looks great. May be enough to convince me to get the set, but still not feeling the pink QQS. FB and WWW LOOK GREAT! 

Has anyone confirmed if Ollivander is the same from the GWP.

21 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If they had budget for a new mould, they could have made Lockhart's hairpiece dude... 

What's the appeal of an exclusive wand box piece?

Hopefully we can stash some of our spare wands inside these boxes.  I've got tons of spare wands floating around.  I've taken to checking my stash to see if I have loose ones of the color new figures need rather than breaking them off the mold pieces at this point.  They get lost easily if they're lose.

Just saw the pic of the four modules separated out, and it looks fantastic. I think it really shows off the individual strengths of each building far better than the render of them all put together.

7 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

After seeing the new pictures, I have to say, I am loving the build. It looks great. May be enough to convince me to get the set, but still not feeling the pink QQS. FB and WWW LOOK GREAT! 

Has anyone confirmed if Ollivander is the same from the GWP.

He isn’t. New face print and, for whatever reason, the scarf/tie is reversed. 

Also, I just rewatched the first four movies over the weekend while building the new sets (which I ordered from Europe months ago, but they didn't arrive until last Thursday >:/ ), and I was surprised to learn that the school uniform robes in the first two movies actually lacked the colored trim- that wasn't added until Prisoner of Azkaban. So, not only are the DA trio lazy because they don't have their specific casual clothes, they're also inaccurate because they use the PoA-style uniforms. (And because Ron's robes should be all worn and faded for CoS, but that's a lesser issue.)

1 minute ago, Vindicare said:

He isn’t. New face print and, for whatever reason, the scarf/tie is reversed. 

His torso is also dark red, rather than reddish brown.

So I called my local Lego Store, which still pretend they don’t know this set existed. Either way since they’re curbside pick up only it’s literally Just who calls them first in the morning. What a nightmare. I may have to go to Disneyland unfortunately 

It seems like there is no picture for the Ollivanders:Scribbulus module. We don't get a decent look at the top floor of Ollivanders.

I am a bit disappointed with the lack of books and wand boxes in this set. Most of them seem to be brickbuilt with only one or two wand boxes and books being made with the specific pieces. Not a massive issue but a bit unfortunate. 

Just noticed that the Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff Quidditch robe Mannequins have either red brown or dk brown hands.

Pink crystal rock introduced with city space theme appears in WWW up on the third floor.

Can't wait to see the reveal to take in all the little details.  Some of these pictures are still too blurry.  And there's no good clear shot of the front of QQS.  I was trying to figure if they used a special grill piece, printing or stickers for the windows of QQS & F&B but still hard to tell from these photos.

40 minutes ago, droobles said:

Has anyone else noticed that in the interior picture of QQS, with Lucius and Draco, on the left there is a display with what appear to be some Beaters' clubs. However, the clubs seem to be simply floating in the air unattached to the display. Can anyone figure out how they are attached or is this a rendering blunder?

One word: magic :wink:

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I find amusing that they are promoting the exclusive photographer minifigure as a selling point for the set 

Why wouldn't they? It's an exclusive character with exclusive pieces and prints, of course it's a selling point!

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Can't wait to see the reveal to take in all the little details.  Some of these pictures are still too blurry.  And there's no good clear shot of the front of QQS.  I was trying to figure if they used a special grill piece, printing or stickers for the windows of QQS & F&B but still hard to tell from these photos.

The windows for QQS are 1x2x5 columns and there are appear to be 6 included so that's definetely a print. The F&B windows are 1x6x5 panels and also appear to be printed

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One word: magic :wink:

Why wouldn't they? It's an exclusive character with exclusive pieces and prints, of course it's a selling point!

I honestly couldn’t care less about the photographer. I would have preferred literally any other character remotely connected to Diagon Alley over him

8 minutes ago, Modal said:

So I called my local Lego Store, which still pretend they don’t know this set existed. Either way since they’re curbside pick up only it’s literally Just who calls them first in the morning. What a nightmare. I may have to go to Disneyland unfortunately 

Let me know how that goes for you ? it’ll be packed 

11 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

It seems like there is no picture for the Ollivanders:Scribbulus module. We don't get a decent look at the top floor of Ollivanders.

I am a bit disappointed with the lack of books and wand boxes in this set. Most of them seem to be brickbuilt with only one or two wand boxes and books being made with the specific pieces. Not a massive issue but a bit unfortunate. 

I count four wand boxes and at least 2 book pieces. I agree that there cozld be more books but u can collect three more in CMF series hm? :)

7 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

Let me know how that goes for you ? it’ll be packed 

Should we get a Eurobricks hangout started? Haha

idk talking to her it sounded like it I got there at 8-8:30 I should be fine. She also confirmed September 1st date