Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Look at the pic with Draco and Lucius, it's definetely 1x2x5 columns

I always thought those were 6 studs tall. Thats why i said 2x6:laugh: This changes reality as i know it

10 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Lucius looks dreadful imo (the face and yellow hair) :D I'm rather devastated that they gave Fortescue, the photographer and Ollivander (who has a perfectly fine face) new faceprints and decided to give Lucius a reused one (which just looks stupid). Lockhart is probably the best one, although his expression looks a bit malevolent for some reason...

I'm going to optimistically assume we will get a better Lucius in a CMF S3 like how the CMF Bellatrix was vastly superior to the Burrow's one!

32 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Thanks. Found the instructions on Lego site too yay. Refusing to look at pics but so hard!

Where exactly did you find these?

I wonder what’s the reveal countdown means for AUS and NZ Physical store launch. We will be 1st Sept already by the time the countdown reaches 0.  Will limited initial supply and covid measure it will be some mission to get DA on day one.

This set is amazing! I definitely think it is a wonderful tribute to the saga that marked my childhood.

I think I will replace Lucius’ head by the mirkwood elves’ one. It gives a better rendition of his suspicious look...

I know it shouldn’t make me so frustrated but like they are making this release a logistical nightmare. No one is going to be prepared to get it day 1, there’s no official information regarding like anything. I can’t call Lego and ask because we’re not “supposed” to know about it

1 hour ago, OutlandishCandle said:

So it looks like there is a new wand box piece 

Yes, that is a really nice surprise. Fantastic, although weirdly specific piece, wonder how long it'll stay exclusive to this set, what other uses it may have.

I'm loving this, the previous photos made the pink look over saturated, but on those official renders it looks alright. And given how, as pointed out eariler, it's a movie accurate representation of a row of shops (plus WWW), I take back my previous criticism, The set looks gorgeous from both sides. The only gripe I may have is that spiderweb inside DP office, although I probably won't mind it once I build it.

The minifigs... still don't feel like they belong in a 400$ set. I expected a few repeats, mainly Hagrid and young Ron and Hermione, but the ones that are supposed to be exclusive are partially done with generic pieces. Not to mention the fact that the trio all use the same torso is just cheap. It's riddiculus that the best looking one is Fortescue, who I didn't even know had a (very short) screen time before he leaked.

28 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

I'm going to optimistically assume we will get a better Lucius in a CMF S3 like how the CMF Bellatrix was vastly superior to the Burrow's one!

Hopefully, it's just too early to anticipate a third CMF :D The old Lucius will have to do for now.

Edited by thenudeorganist

This year renders are very awful...

I don't understand the need not to make a face for Lucius a real crap. The thing about not making the mold for the cane can be understood, I hope that if there is a next CMF it will be done ... but the reused face and the yellow color for the hair ... it was better with the color of 2010 and earlier. However for Draco I think this color fits well.

The set is awesome! 
It's a really excellent set, what I am not sure is whether to use pink, although we have already seen that it is totally faithful to the first two films, or change it to medium nougat that I think would be less striking, which is the design I am very happy as they have adapted it.
As for the rest of the minifigures I see them ok, it is a set more focused on the buildings logically and we have many Harry Potter minifigures that I did not imagine 4 years ago we would have!
Nor could you expect more minifigures in this set, if the Gringotts Bank had been included maybe several eared employees but otherwise I think that with the Fantastic Beasts minifigures exchanging faces and hats we can create a nice assortment of random wizards to populate the set .

Thank you Lego for all the love you are giving Harry Potter !! :pir-love:(except some face reused) :innocent:

Edited by EtelEnzos

Well shoot...I went by B&N hoping they had them. Nothing. So I asked. Nothing is in their system except the Hedwig set. I assume they’re releasing everywhere on the first...

Now I’m even more excited for the set, seeing those better images. Not sure what’s up with all the griping about the reveal though. We aren’t even supposed to know about this set... Yes, the CMF was weird, but I highly doubt that Store was supposed to put them out that early. And despite some people finding them early, plenty of others didn’t, myself included. TLG has a plan, and the general population very likely has no idea that DA is coming, because they don’t follow like we do. 

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

I know it shouldn’t make me so frustrated but like they are making this release a logistical nightmare. No one is going to be prepared to get it day 1, there’s no official information regarding like anything. I can’t call Lego and ask because we’re not “supposed” to know about it

I called my LEGO store and spoke with the manager. She was very helpful. She said the D2C Diagon Alley set will be available for sale in LEGO stores next Tuesday, September 1st - Back to Hogwarts Day. Unfortunately, they are only getting one case with four sets. Knowing how busy the LEGO in my local mall gets, I imagine it will be nearly impossible to snag one even if I get there early and wait. Several other new products are also releasing next Tuesday, so it will be busier than normal. The manager said she believes the sets will be made available online the night before they release in stores, so it sounds like that’s my best bet. I’m so freaking excited for this set... The new photos are absolutely amazing. Can’t wait to get through the bricks and start building! Also, do we have any word on our lost little Harry minifig? What set is he from?

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I called my LEGO store and spoke with the manager. She was very helpful. She said the D2C Diagon Alley set will be available for sale in LEGO stores next Tuesday, September 1st - Back to Hogwarts Day. Unfortunately, they are only getting one case with four sets. Knowing how busy the LEGO in my local mall gets, I imagine it will be nearly impossible to snag one even if I get there early and wait. Several other new products are also releasing next Tuesday, so it will be busier than normal. The manager said she believes the sets will be made available online the night before they release in stores, so it sounds like that’s my best bet. I’m so freaking excited for this set... The new photos are absolutely amazing. Can’t wait to get through the bricks and start building! Also, do we have any word on our lost little Harry minifig? What set is he from?

Yikes, that makes it even harder for me to tell because we can’t actually go into the store - it’s curbside pickup only. Don’t know what I’m going to do yet.

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Damn! Only 4 sets?! I already feel bad for the fifth pesos who has been waiting for two hours for the store to open...

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Four sets? For the release day??? Oof that's not good.

Has anyone been able to spot what controls the WWW head? I’m sure they made it so the arm can go up and down the reveal the bunny, but nothing has given it away yet.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Four sets? For the release day??? Oof that's not good.

I mean it’s just Harry Potter, surely it won’t do as well as the Grand Piano :hmpf:

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

Has anyone been able to spot what controls the WWW head? I’m sure they made it so the arm can go up and down the reveal the bunny, but nothing has given it away yet.

I mean it’s just Harry Potter, surely it won’t do as well as the Grand Piano :hmpf:

It's the black lever on the roof top, just behind the curved 1x2s

Edited by Metanoios91

Can someone decipher what the technic pins on Knockturn alley mean? There’s 3 - one at the bottom, one at window height, and one towards the top of WWW. How would an expansion work in that case?

I still don't see where the stickers of those posters (including two Sirius posters) applied... could it be that they originally included Leaky Cauldron but removed it at the last minute?

Love the new pictures. Really curious about the new Ollivander. He looks so colourful all of the sudden. Lockhart looks great as well. The expression is perfect. Just hope there's a second one. If icecream guy gets it so should he. The cape really saved the character though. And now I'm sure I will change the hair, his own book luckily doesn't use a real hairpiece, so the change wouldn't ruin that. Lucious looks good besides the face, just gonna swap it out for the old one.

Also, as we all assumed, it appears one of the Sirius black posters (the white one) is hanging in Knockturn Alley on the F&B wall (if that hadn't been mentioned yet).

I'm so excited. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I think I'll wait until October or November for a gwp reveal and if it's not out by December I'll just pick it up.

Just now, phoenix416 said:

I still don't see where the stickers of those posters (including two Sirius posters) applied... could it be that they originally included Leaky Cauldron but removed it at the last minute?

If they removed the Leaky Cauldron at the last minute they would've removed those stickers from the sticker sheet don't you think? It looks like they're using 1x6 panels on the side of the Daily Prophet office, they'll most likely be applied there

Just now, phoenix416 said:

It's gonna be inside the daily prophet for sure. They were on that sticker sheet and they make the most sense in there. I noticed the box inside had some tan tiles, could either be the daily prophet newspaper that's stored there or the stickers might even be used on some tiles (which would be great). But most likely they just hang on the wall of the office.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If they removed the Leaky Cauldron at the last minute they would've removed those stickers from the sticker sheet don't you think? It looks like they're using 1x6 panels on the side of the Daily Prophet office, they'll most likely be applied there

Yeah definitely. I am just not sure if it is possible that the leaked sticker sheet is an "old version" of a previous iteration.

If they had budget for a new mould, they could have made Lockhart's hairpiece dude... 

What's the appeal of an exclusive wand box piece?