Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Has everyone’s fears on the minifigures been mitigated at least a bit now that we have them in proper resolution? I think the set is absolutely beautiful!

No actually I am worried now that Lockhart only has one expression because they never show an alternate face print in all these pictures (but Florean gets at least a double sided face print). And they moved the side burns only slightly out on Ollivander but for whatever reason didn't fix it all the way

2 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

That they're literally on the back wall of WWW? This is a few notches above someone overlooking "Sheild".

You could, you know, not put them on?

3 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

Is that a new mold for wand boxes??!! *oh2*

I saw this on the original pictures from the back of the box. Seems like a new 1x3 box mould similar to the 35700 2x2 container piece

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well yeah, those specific ''graffiti'' designs are on the back of the building in-universe so it would only make sense for LEGO to put them there as well :shrug_oh_well:

I stand corrected. I thought those were products and decoration that belonged inside the building.

9 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It was hard to see in the original pictures, but the new clearer pictures definitely confirm that Hagrid has a new Dark Red torso print in this set. Just absolutely love that Lego keeps reusing that mould and giving us lots of variations this time round!

No it is the old one. These are rendered pictures and have a slightly different saturation than real picutres. Compare them side by side and you will see it is reddish brown. Ollivander has a dark red torso now though

Edited by Metanoios91

Damn the interiors are amazing Now there are non potato photos! So packed with details!

Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes is jam packed with items and colour, especially with those vibrant banisters.

Ollivanders has cases stacked full of wands, as it should be - a higgledy piggledy jumble of stuff.

Quality Quidditch Supplies is quite empty but the items that are present are really cool, the folded jumpers are a nice detail.

Flourish & Blotts is full of colourful books and tables. Although I’m a bit disappointed there’s no spiral staircase.

Florean Fortescue’s is small but has plenty of stuff for the space - and the tiled floor is really cool.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I love the entrance to Knockturn Alley, I never saw that before

It’s been one of my favourite bits from the start. I like how they stole the Barracuda Bay window technique haha

There are quite a few useful recolours which is nice: dark tan 1x1 stud with hole, trans red glass from the new cmf and some of the window pieces look like prints. I just wish Lego would stop releasing renders and go back to real photographs. These renders look worse than the real deal.

Oh boy, what a day to be alive. Although honestly I wished the leakers weren't adamant enough to spoil the official reveal for... whatever it is they get out of it. The set looks amazing though - the low-res photos really did not do it justice. Honestly infatuated with the small accessories like the blast box and Lockhart book!

The set as a whole is gorgeous! I'm dreading the day Mos Eisley Cantina is revealed since I'm facing a hard choice, although I think the Cantina can only beat DA minifigure-wise.

My only problems with the set are the choice of leaving Gringott's out (although don't mind it that much anymore) and the minifigures. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all use the same torso, Ginny is just bland, Molly has the same problems as in the Burrow and Lucius looks dreadful imo (the face and yellow hair) :D I'm rather devastated that they gave Fortescue, the photographer and Ollivander (who has a perfectly fine face) new faceprints and decided to give Lucius a reused one (which just looks stupid). Lockhart is probably the best one, although his expression looks a bit malevolent for some reason...

Edited by thenudeorganist

2 minutes ago, Hot4Voldemort said:

Oh boy, what a day to be alive. Although honestly I wished the leakers weren't adamant enough to spoil the official reveal for... whatever it is they get out of it. The set looks amazing though - the low-res photos really did not do it justice. Honestly infatuated with the small accessories like the blast box and Lockhart book!

What they get out of it is us talking about Toys News International, a site I’m sure none of us have ever heard of/care about lol

That is until Lego nukes them into extinction!

Edited by Modal

Is Toy News International related to EuroBricks? You click on the comments and it takes you to something that looks exactly like EB.

I wasn't sold on the colour of QQS at first, but the more I look at the whole set, the less it bothers me. The first floor façades are truly spectacular.

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

They look like 2x6s to me

Look at the pic with Draco and Lucius, it's definetely 1x2x5 columns

Could someone with a better understanding of Photoshop change the QQS pink color to New Dark Red? Just out of curiosity.