Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It's strange that they mention tapping a brick behind the Leaky cauldron, but the set doesn't include this feature... maybe this is an indication of the GWP or something?

Maybe wishful thinking, but not impossible with that PS Harry we've seen... 

So is there going to be no way to purchase Diagon Alley in person on day one because I would prefer to do so then having thousands of people on a website that is bound to sink fast.

How badly worded is this whole tease.

"Get ready to experience......Coming 31/8' Seems like a release date. But then the next section says build this QR code to get first look, but that doesn't give us first look so does it work at the end of the countdown? Probably but its not clear. And then to annoy you even more VIP's get exclusive video of the twins asking questions of the design team. No sorry that doesn't give you anything either. I just don't get lego sometimes. 

interesting how in the video when they show there names, they use the old fred and george, but you can see that they are holding the new ones.

1 minute ago, Zedro said:

Can somone explain who this works? I am very confused, I click there but i can not see the video or if the video is not yet available how can i submite questions? I have the VIP sign in but nothing apeares even when i change region.

the only video I saw was of the Phelps twins building QR codes

The French website says "disponible le 31/8", which means "available on 31/8". I'm guessing 31/8 is just the reveal date, since it would be strange for it to be the release date.

So TLG is really waiting until the last second to reveal this set, huh?

14 hours ago, Modal said:

Wait really, is there a reason?

I’ll be getting it at the store since it’s a few minutes away, but it’s curbside pickup only so idk if I’ll have to wait outside or what ?‍♂️

Isn’t it Quality Quidditch on one side and Supplies on the other? If u look at the drawing I posted it’s identical to the first film in that respect. It’s the top windows that are different. They should be lower and another set of windows above them. Hope this helps ?

So what the hell is building the QR code supposed to be for? They gave us a whole week to build it, how nice of them, but what it will give if the reveal is going to be on the same day?

Photographer looks good but a black beard rather than dark grey? Will update him to medium/large legs I think. 

Screenshot_20200824-140332

17 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I am on the source code of the page and the link does not seem to go here is suposed to. At least the number of the set is the DA. 

/en-pt/vip/join?icmp=LP-SHTB-Standard-HP_Text_75978_extended_campaign_Teaser_VIP_Sign_Up_LP-EX-HP-7ZAOGJJTKO

"extended campaign" Well they got that right, this is the most over-extended, drawn-out affair I've seen so far. This is already a mess, I'm not looking forward to trying to buy it on release day :iamded_lol:

I have to say, getting 2 of the actors to build the set is pretty impressive

I’m actually excited by this idea. Kinda wished it hadn’t leaked and just imagine if no one knew anything about a DA Lego set coming. Right now everyone would be freaking at that little bit of advertisement

What I find interesting about that Lego email is that by the photographer it says 'The Daily Prophet Photographer is one of four new minifigures you'll find exclusively in the new set'. 

I assume it should really say 'characters' - i.e. Photographer, Lucius, Florean and Lockhart - because there's technically 13 new minifigures. Talk about undersell your set. :grin:

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I have to say, getting 2 of the actors to build the set is pretty impressive

I don't think they're building the set. They've just built the QR code and will be asking the set designers some questions. Unless you meant 'build the hype'.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Lol at the Daily Prophet photographer, with the caption

YoU hEaRd iT hErE FiRsT

I don't know whether to laugh or be insulted. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

What I find interesting about that Lego email is that by the photographer it says 'The Daily Prophet Photographer is one of four new minifigures you'll find exclusively in the new set'. 

I assume it should really say 'characters' - i.e. Photographer, Lucius, Florean and Lockhart - because there's technically 13 new minifigures. Talk about undersell your set. :grin:

I don't think they're building the set. They've just built the QR code and will be asking the set designers some questions. Unless you meant 'build the hype'.

I think the important part to focus on isn't the "new" but the "you'll find exclusively in the new set". That would be imo Florean, Daily Prophet Photographer, Fred and George (in WWW outfit). These four will never appear in another set (at least for the next ten years) again. I think the likelyhood of Lucius appearing in another set next year is high. Lockhart would also fit in a Chamber of Secrets set or another Hogwarts extension, so I don't think he will remain exclusive to Diagon Alley either. Lucius and Lockhart have appeared before, so they are not new characters either.

Edited by Metanoios91

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

Someone's managed to find this pic of the actors with DA! Seems like a screenshot from one of the videos about to be released.

https://ibb.co/Ky4Y9VC

:thumbup:

I love how Fred and George are continuing to live up to their reputation as daredevil mischief makers and are standing on the roof of WWW. :laugh:

Looking for advice please, especially from any Canadian collectors.  Some of the other sets (AT, Grawp etc) have finally released for sale on Lego Canada so I am about to jump on them but I have never bought HP sets via them, I started late so got mine from Amazon etc.  Are they likely to do a double VIP points promo on HP sets in the coming days due to DA or should I grab them now while I can?

Congratulations everyone 600 pages! Also should I stay up on the 31st or the 30th to get Diagon Alley?

Edited by bluedog1111

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Someone's managed to find this pic of the actors with DA! Seems like a screenshot from one of the videos about to be released.

https://ibb.co/Ky4Y9VC

That looks like a screenshot of the video. So the video might be out there as well

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

:thumbup:

I love how Fred and George are continuing to live up to their reputation as daredevil mischief makers and are standing on the roof of WWW. :laugh:

I know right! If you've seen anything from James and Oliver Phelps (like their recently started podcast), you'll know they're also goofballs just like Fred and George. The video is gonna be super fun to watch.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

That looks like a screenshot of the video. So the video might be out there as well

I messaged the guy who posted it to ask where he got it from.

The screenshot is from a separate promotional video of the actors building the QR code. There's a very short intro at the beginning with like 2 seconds of them with the actual DA set.

If the Phelps brothers were anything like the Weasley twins they would start a live stream of the set right now :wink: Mischief managed