Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Luna in the RoR set should have mid legs because she's a 4th year, and Neville in the CMF series 1 has mid legs but should have short legs (if it's based on the second film).

Wonderful. Thank you! :-D

42 minutes ago, klinton said:

If it gets the set to my house with all of the pieces intact, it's perfect!

Bingo, I could care less of the box art, as long as the set is gorgeous, we’re good. Still kinda odd that they chose that particular angle for the box, it makes it look a lot smaller than it actually is. Head on, the set is actually massive and I prefer that view much more.

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Quick question for anyone else that has looked into this... are the only released figures so far in relation to their set/school year that have the incorrect sized legs, the ones from the Hogwarts Express set? I have gone through and checked all of them as far as i'm aware, but just want to check I haven't missed anything. :-)

Luna in the RoR set should have mid legs because she's a 4th year, and Neville in the CMF series 1 has mid legs but should have short legs (if it's based on the second film).

Technically there’s also Cho and Luna in the CMF series 1. Cho is either a 5th or 6th year and Luna’s appearance is based off her 5th year, so both should have regular legs - although I’ll give Lego a pass on the legs in the first CMF, since they were clearly just trying to give us as many of the new medium legs as possible. 

20 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I could care less of the box art

Off topic, but ??‍♂️, something I need to know, why do Americans (I’m presuming you’re American apologies if not) say “could care less” when what they mean is “couldn’t care less”? “Could care less” means you care about it ?

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Off topic, but ??‍♂️, something I need to know, why do Americans (I’m presuming you’re American apologies if not) say “could care less” when what they mean is “couldn’t care less”? “Could care less” means you care about it ?

American English is broken

39 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You see, we Americans have perfected apathy to such a point that we don't even care enough to care as little as we could care! I hope I've brought sufficient confusion to the matter. :grin:

39 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

SOME Americans say that phrase in that fashion. I never have. In fact, most grade school teachers would be quick to correct that where I grew up much like they would with double negatives, can I/may I etc.

Welp, hoping to wake up tomorrow to AT LEAST a teaser. Tuesday is perfect for a reveal one week before release.

also, did anyone else forget that we have a Q&A as well? Is there a certain way they’ve done them before?

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

No worries; in short, American English (as well as British English) both remain incredibly complex and nuanced, but "...could care less" is grammatically incorrect and shouldn't technically be used. :P

@Modal Aha, yeah, I figured as much; I appreciate your interest in the "Dirty Harry", as I had spent quite a while trying to sort out its origin. At the moment, I'm still looking into the future's source(s), but I will keep you in the loop. Very curious.

Edited by Azani

The new Diagon Alley is far closer to modular building style than I ever would have expected.  I think they kind of boxed themselves into a corner though.  While I fully expected to be able to line the shops up I did not expect them to be locked onto four baseplates the way they are.  I figured it would be more like the Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown set where you could easily MOD it to a modular if you wanted but it wasn't technically meant for that.  I actually think that is part of the problem with the pink monstrosity.  By forcing the shops to fit the base plates they made it slightly too wide.

That brings us to the color.  Ok technically the pink they used is the most accurate color Lego currently makes in their pallet.  While that pink matches the hue better, the old sand red matches the saturation better.  Sand red would have looked so much better.  (It's like Lego constantly using white for X-Wings and Snowspeeders.  Technically Lego white is the closest color to the very light gray used in the Star Wars movies but it "looks" wrong and they should use Lego light gray.  X-Wings and Snowspeeders are not the same color as snow!) To be fair I do suspect the pink they used will look much better in person than it does on that picture so there is that.

On the figures.  So we got the Twins for their shop, Olivander, the Ice Cream man, the photographer, the required Harry, and 8 figures that don't matter to the set and could (or already) have easily come in another set.  Where are the other 3 shop owners?  Where are the (at least 4 or 5) random crazy looking shoppers?  I mean I guess that version of Lockhart can be used as a random shopper.  See to me in a set like this the builds don't matter.  I can easily MOD things.  What I can't do is (ahem) "magically" make new shirt prints for characters that would have only ever been made for this set.

Overall the set is really good and I probably will get it eventually but I definitely would have preferred a few different design choices to have be made.

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

But thats the number for the stupid LM2 heart polybag

Ninja edit. Had to fix that one; sorry!

75978 is beginning to find purchase on a number of different TLDs (country codes for domains) on Shop@Home, but they're all being removed quite rapidly... so far, no new images, but I've counted the set description on five different subdomains now...

59 minutes ago, Lord Insanity said:

On the figures.  So we got the Twins for their shop, Olivander, the Ice Cream man, the photographer, the required Harry, and 8 figures that don't matter to the set and could (or already) have easily come in another set.  Where are the other 3 shop owners?  Where are the (at least 4 or 5) random crazy looking shoppers?  I mean I guess that version of Lockhart can be used as a random shopper.  See to me in a set like this the builds don't matter.  I can easily MOD things.  What I can't do is (ahem) "magically" make new shirt prints for characters that would have only ever been made for this set.

Overall the set is really good and I probably will get it eventually but I definitely would have preferred a few different design choices to have be made.

I figure shop owners are pretty easy to add in from your own collection, as we don't know what a lot of them look like anyway. 

I'll probably just add a few generic wizards to be shopkeepers and/or customers. I'd much rather have known, relevant characters included than shopkeepers who barely get any screen time, if at all. We're lucky to get Fortescue.

Edited by Albus

1 hour ago, Lord Insanity said:

Those 8 figures do matter...as this set is mostly based around those figures, sans WWW. All of those figures you listed have screen time(while Fortesque has a brief glimpse), so they make sense as well. Random shoppers are easy enough to make. Buy some LotR/Hobbit torsos & capes. 

Two sets down for me...ordered AT & PD. I’m weirdly feeling okay with this odd release schedule from S@H. By the time these two sets get to me, I’ll have ordered The Burrow & DA. So I can at least spend a few of those days not constantly looking out of the window every time a FedEx truck drives by. :grin:

Do you think guys, that we will see official pcitures of DA set this week? Or rather it's going to be next week?

Just now, Jaromir said:

Do you think guys, that we will see official pcitures of DA set this week? Or rather it's going to be next week?

Diagon Alley releases next week so the answer to this question is pretty obvious :wink:

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Diagon Alley releases next week so the answer to this question is pretty obvious :wink:

it could be revealed on 31st (still monday, aka next week) and available for purchase next day. Knowing Lego it's a viable, albeit terrible option

3 hours ago, Albus said:

I figure shop owners are pretty easy to add in from your own collection, as we don't know what a lot of them look like anyway. 

Not only that, we don’t even know most of their names :grin: So they‘re basically random civilians as well.

I agree with @Vindicare, these 8 characters are very relevant to this set. A couple of random shoppers would have been a nice addition, no doubt, but if you think they are more important or deserving of a spot than Lucius Malfoy, Gilderoy Lockhart, or Molly Weasley, then you have quite peculiar preferences :laugh: That‘s like filling the Hogwarts sets with random students or unnamed teachers 

At this point, it seems that DA going could simply be revealed on its release. If its not today, then I'd bet it'll be next Monday, which seems a daft thing to do, but maybe, I'm wondering if they got plenty of large sets out at the moment that have recently been released (grand piano, nes etc) and they're giving them as much of a chance to sell before revealing this because they *know* with the current slower production, they'll easily sell out DA so requirements for 'giving people a chance to save up' is irrelevant at this point for them... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

48 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

If its not today, then I'd bet it'll be next Monday

Why? I'd say revealing it tomorrow (1 week before release) would make more sense than revealing it today