Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Merlin’s beard! Somehow I managed to get them all! And a couple extra Griphooks, too. Here’s the full set. The best figs in my opinion are Dumbledore, Kingsley, Griphook, Myrtle, and the new Harry. The new butterbeers and the Monster Book of Monsters are also adorable.

mAUbnFm.jpg

That being said, there really isn’t a bad minifig in this collection. The attention to detail is absolutely unreal. You have to see them up close to really appreciate them. The new Harry, for example. I was expecting this to be a meh minifig but in person it’s probably my favorite. The detailing on his jeans was a surprise - they even have stitching down the sides and a tiny belt! And the beauty of the Half Blood Prince’s copy of Advanced Potions cannot be overstated. The printed colors on the cover are perfect and the printed tile with the sectumsempra spell is such a fun touch. Moaning Myrtle too is just... *chefs kiss*. Happy hunting for these in the wild!

zNRmzuC.jpg

8 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Merlin’s beard! Somehow I managed to get them all! And a couple extra Griphooks, too. Here’s the full set. The best figs in my opinion are Dumbledore, Kingsley, Griphook, Myrtle, and the new Harry. The new butterbeers and the Monster Book of Monsters are also adorable

Does Griphook have a wand? From the picture, it looks like it but I can't tell.

2 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Nope it is a key

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Merlin’s beard! Somehow I managed to get them all! And a couple extra Griphooks, too. Here’s the full set. The best figs in my opinion are Dumbledore, Kingsley, Griphook, Myrtle, and the new Harry. The new butterbeers and the Monster Book of Monsters are also adorable.

mAUbnFm.jpg

That being said, there really isn’t a bad minifig in this collection. The attention to detail is absolutely unreal. You have to see them up close to really appreciate them. The new Harry, for example. I was expecting this to be a meh minifig but in person it’s probably my favorite. The detailing on his jeans was a surprise - they even have stitching down the sides and a tiny belt! And the beauty of the Half Blood Prince’s copy of Advanced Potions cannot be overstated. The printed colors on the cover are perfect and the printed tile with the sectumsempra spell is such a fun touch. Moaning Myrtle too is just... *chefs kiss*. Happy hunting for these in the wild!

zNRmzuC.jpg

Awesome luck!

Since you’ve got your hands on Myrtle could you answer a question for me? Is her hairpiece the squishy rubber material (like Cho’s from series one) or the stiffer soft plastic that you can still feel the distinct shape of through the bag (like the broomstick or Bellatrix’s hair)? 

1 hour ago, djhorn said:

Has anybody come across the collectible minifigures in New York City? Is there anywhere (on this forum or otherwise) you go to to find sightings of them and other lego?

Adding on to this, has anyone found the series 2 figures in Northern Virginia?

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

they would advertise it somewhere on the box if two versions of Harry were included in the set 

Well, to be fair, the Voldemord's rise set includes a Baby-Voldy minifig, and its nowhere to be seen in the box

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Well, to be fair, the Voldemord's rise set includes a Baby-Voldy minifig, and its nowhere to be seen in the box

Wormtail is seen holding it on the back of the box.

Edited by YetiZombie

2 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

but I’d love to see a Diagon Alley People Pack .. like 60202 the Outdoor Pack and 60234 the Fun Fair Pack .. random Witches and Wizards to fill the street and make it look busier than it currently does

This idea is way too good to ever come to pass. If it were to be completely random, nameless witches and wizards, all of them would need a new torso, so as not to confuse them with the named characters. Maybe a few children would use their school uniforms, but they could only include so many of them.

15 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Wormtail is seen holding it on the back of the box.

I stand corrected

37 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

No wand, two keys

32 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Awesome luck!

Since you’ve got your hands on Myrtle could you answer a question for me? Is her hairpiece the squishy rubber material (like Cho’s from series one) or the stiffer soft plastic that you can still feel the distinct shape of through the bag (like the broomstick or Bellatrix’s hair)? 

It’s a bit squishy but not as bad as Dorothys hair. Not as firm as Bellatrix though 

Why do people seem to think the Bellatrix hairpiece is squishy? I've heard some people say the new piece is squishy and I've even heard some claim the old figure had slightly squishy hair which is just incorrect (at least on my copy which I bought within the first few weeks). Did they change the hair later in the production run of the original burrow or something? 

Edited by MaxHeadroom
I know this hasn't been mentioned recently but it's something I've heard often.

9 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Why do people seem to think the Bellatrix hairpiece is squishy? I've heard some people say the new piece is squishy and I've even heard some claim the old figure had slightly squishy hair which is just incorrect (at least on my copy which I bought within the first few weeks). Did they change the hair later in the production run of the original burrow or something? 

I thought it was squishy because in some pictures it doesn't have that hard plastic shine. Instead it looks very matte like the old Bionicle Barraki eels.

7 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I thought it was squishy because in some pictures it doesn't have that hard plastic shine. Instead it looks very matte like the old Bionicle Barraki eels.

19 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I can confirm that both Bellatrix hair pieces - the one in the Burrow and the one in the CMF are hard plastic. There’s a bit of give at the ends, just because it’s so long, but it’s not at all squishy. The Myrtle hair is like hard rubber. It’s not as squishy as Dorothy’s hair from the Lego Movie 2 CMF.

28 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I’m pretty sure Bellatrix’s hair is the same (or very similar) kind of plastic as the broomstick piece. It’s definitely not bendy like the actual rubber hairpieces, but it does have a tiny bit of give to it and it doesn’t have the same shine as hard plastic (in the case of the broom I’m pretty sure it’s a safety issue, but with the Bellatrix hair I’m pretty sure they do it like that just because demolding a piece that complex made of the regular hard plastic would be a nightmare.)

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Omgggg, every time I see “AC” I think either “Assassin’s Creed” or “Animal Crossing” and I got so confused ??, anyone got any additional info of GBP pricing? I know Hogwarts was $400/£350, do we know if DA will be the same? ??

In that respect, DA could be confusing too, as it more commonly stands for Dumbledore's Army in the HP universe.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m pretty sure Bellatrix’s hair is the same (or very similar) kind of plastic as the broomstick piece. It’s definitely not bendy like the actual rubber hairpieces, but it does have a tiny bit of give to it and it doesn’t have the same shine as hard plastic (in the case of the broom I’m pretty sure it’s a safety issue, but with the Bellatrix hair I’m pretty sure they do it like that just because demolding a piece that complex made of the regular hard plastic would be a nightmare.)

I am 99% sure the broom piece is soft plastic due to the complexity and "thiness" of the bristles. 

Man this set from the box makes it seem way smaller than it is. Every time I measure 103cm I’m like blown away how the set that was leaked is that long. AND 5500 pieces? Literally double than the NES

14 minutes ago, Modal said:

Man this set from the box makes it seem way smaller than it is. Every time I measure 103cm I’m like blown away how the set that was leaked is that long. AND 5500 pieces? Literally double than the NES

And to add on to the difficulty of finding a display place for it - you need to have enough room left over for the inevitable Gringotts set at the end. 

10 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know it’s highly unlikely .. but I’d love to see a Diagon Alley People Pack .. like 60202 the Outdoor Pack and 60234 the Fun Fair Pack .. random Witches and Wizards to fill the street and make it look busier than it currently does ?

That is a fantastic idea :grin_wub:
However I do not seeing it happen unfortunately :sceptic:

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know it’s highly unlikely .. but I’d love to see a Diagon Alley People Pack .. like 60202 the Outdoor Pack and 60234 the Fun Fair Pack .. random Witches and Wizards to fill the street and make it look busier than it currently does ?

I love this idea too. Add in a cauldron and black cat, owl or two. They could easily do a Magical People Pack that has witches and wizards and some elves that isn’t “Harry Potter” but just happens to fit with the theme of Diagon Alley... couldn’t they?

I’ve really been enjoying reading this thread. I am reserving judgement on the set until I see the official images. Not sure yet when I will be able to afford it as have had reduced income due to lockdown, hopefully next year. But I would love to be able to buy it and already have a space reserved in the house for it... (got rid of a whole shelf of books!!)

57 minutes ago, alsielou said:

I love this idea too. Add in a cauldron and black cat, owl or two. They could easily do a Magical People Pack that has witches and wizards and some elves that isn’t “Harry Potter” but just happens to fit with the theme of Diagon Alley... couldn’t they?

If it wasn't directly related to Harry Potter they wouldn't use flesh so that would make a lot of new torso's fairly useless due to the yellow skintones

The lack of random shoppers in DA doesn‘t surprise me in the slightest since they can‘t be kitbashed as easily as civilians in City or Creator Expert sets, so that would pretty much require at least one new print per minifig :wink: The idea of a people pack of sorts is definitely neat, but I‘m afraid that‘d be a bit too niche. Who would buy it unless they owned DA (or built a custom one)

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Modal said:

Exactly! I just looked at the pictures again and it looks way better when you see it from the front - you then realize just how long this set really is

Can anyone help. Been making the Hogwarts castle with my son (his head keeps exploding with how amazing it is ?) and I’m sure the designer Justin Ramsden was in a Lego documentary about how he got a job there. Does anyone have any idea what it was called or how to try find out what it was called? Hoping to show it to him if at all possible. Any help greatly appreciated please please please with a Lego cherry on top