Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Do the stairs stick out at the back in Ollivanders and flourish and blotts?

Edited by mark1991t
and flourish and blotts

7 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I went the other day, and there was a TWO HOUR wait just to get inside. I didn't even wait. I would recommend south coast plaza or Ontario mills.

Jesus, a two hour wait just to go into a Lego Store? How could you justify that wait time unless you were picking up something like Diagon Alley haha

50 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Omgggg, every time I see “AC” I think either “Assassin’s Creed” or “Animal Crossing” and I got so confused ??, anyone got any additional info of GBP pricing? I know Hogwarts was $400/£350, do we know if DA will be the same? ??

Sorry....what is AC?  I'm drawing a blank on that one.

29 minutes ago, Modal said:

Jesus, a two hour wait just to go into a Lego Store? How could you justify that wait time unless you were picking up something like Diagon Alley haha

I still couldn't justify the time. What if you're waiting to pick up DA and buy the time its your turn to enter, its sold out. Try S@H

Just now, JintaiZ said:

I'm excited!

My wallet isn't...

Not trying to be rude here but you don't have to constantly keep telling us that you are excited for DA but your wallet isn't, you've said it about 6 or 7 times in the past 2 weeks :def_shrug:

7 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I still couldn't justify the time. What if you're waiting to pick up DA and buy the time its your turn to enter, its sold out. Try S@H

I'm assuming for big sets like this that they give you a number when you arrive to guarantee a set. I just don't know how they're going to do it at my local Lego store as the interior of the mall is closed :sad:

I found this Diagon Alley MOC, and it's pretty damn good all these considered! Makes me realize how important it is to have a tall Gringotts somewhat overlooking the rest of the street. 

Also why couldn't lego gives us 46 minifigures with this set, I mean come on don't be cheap :snicker:

Lego Diagon Alley

Do you have general experiences with asking a store to put a set back for you? I've done that once with three sets in total and it worked. But: The employee on the phone told me point-blank that if someone asks for even one of the sets explicitly, they'd give it away because they don't want to send customers away while they theoretically still have some stock. So I'm still conflicted on about how I'll (try to) get the DA set ??

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

Do you have general experiences with asking a store to put a set back for you? I've done that once with three sets in total and it worked. But: The employee on the phone told me point-blank that if someone asks for even one of the sets explicitly, they'd give it away because they don't want to send customers away while they theoretically still have some stock. So I'm still conflicted on about how I'll (try to) get the DA set ??

I don't work at a LEGO store but I do work in retail so I can at least say that we are not allowed to put new products in the back. First come, first serve :wink:

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I think you need to get their early, before they're technically open. I don't think you'll be able to call and reserve one for a set as big as this, as there will be plenty of people there in person ready to buy, and if you were allowed to just call they would get tons of reservations.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't work at a LEGO store but I do work in retail so I can at least say that we are not allowed to put new products in the back. First come, first serve :wink:

Just now, Modal said:

I think you need to get their early, before they're technically open. I don't think you'll be able to call and reserve one for a set as big as this, as there will be plenty of people there in person ready to buy, and if you were allowed to just call they would get tons of reservations.

That's what I kinda assume as well - otherwise the shelves would be empty even before the store opens in the morning - wouldn't be the greatest thing for a company :laugh:
S@H might indeed be the safer way in the first instance. If they are sold out one minute after midnight (given that the set goes up at midnight and not somewhen in the morning) I can still visit my closest store. Thank you guys ?

Diagon Alley looks incredible from the pictures I've seen - I absolutely love Ollivanders and Flourish and Blotts (although I am really sad that they didn't include Madam Malkin's). I actually don't really mind the pink on QQS - I'm more confused about the fact that (to me at least) on the packaging it appears as the centerpiece of the set - both due to its shape and size. I had expected that WWW would take that role, and was therefore left a bit surprised that QQS is the largest shop. Although I hope that the eventual Gringotts set rectifies this!

Since the leak, I've been thinking a lot about possibilities for 2021 sets (mainly DH-based sets), and so I've written below some of my ideas - I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts about these!

• ≈$15 - Battle of Seven Potters - Hagrid's Motorbike build with some scenery, includes Hagrid and Harry, and a Death Eater or two on broomsticks (maybe Snape?)
  • ≈$15 - Forbidden Forest - the remake of the old set with Harry, Voldemort and Narcissa (I don't see us getting a Malfoy Manor Set and it's probably one of the only ways that we'll get a Narcissa minifigure)
  • ≈$20 - Hogwarts battle - Small sidebuilds with exploding battlements and play features; with Voldemort, Harry, Neville and Nagini, a Death Eater (and maybe an Ootp member? Maybe Aberforth?)
  • ≈$20 - Forest of Dean - Small tent build with a couple of trees; with the trio, a doe patronus, and a snatcher or two
  • ≈$30 - Bill and Fleur's Wedding (the compulsory HP costume-themed set) - a marquee build with lots of food and drinks, which displays nicely next to the burrow; with Harry, Bill, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, maybe with Kingsley's Patronus and a character like Great-Aunt Muriel or Elphias Doge
  • ≈$30 - Ministry Escape - with the interrogation/court room (and maybe a floo powder fireplace?); with Umbridge with the locket, the trio in their disguises, a dementor and Yaxley
  • ≈$50 - Grimmauld Place - based on Ootp (potentially), similar design to Privet Drive and the shops in Diagon Alley; with Sirius, Kreacher, Harry, Ron, Hermione  and maybe Tonks? Or Arthur? Or Ginny?
  • ≈$70 - Hogwarts Bell Towers (or some other large Hogwarts extension) based on the Battle of Hogwarts, with the Room of Hidden Things, and maybe something like the library or Slytherin common room; includes a brick-built ogre, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, the Grey Lady, Draco, Zabini or Goyle, Molly, Bellatrix, maybe Fenrir Greyback
  • ≈$100 - Gringotts based on DH with the entrance area, a couple of vaults and hopefully some tracks and a cart (don't know how they'll convey the underground aspect though); with a brick-built Ukrainian Ironbelly, a couple of goblins, the Hufflepuff Cup, and the trio in their disguises (and maybe a security guard?)

As much as I'd love them, I don't see TLG doing sets of the Lovegoods's House, Malfoy Manor or Shell Cottage - the buildings aren't really recognisable themselves and what happens there is either very violent (Malfoy Manor) or quite boring (Shell Cottage - apart from Dobby's heartbreaking death:cry3:).

I'm quite interested to see whether Lego will reuse the new Gryffindor Sword piece from the CMF - it is in quite a few key scenes in DH, but then I can see them keeping it exclusive to Griphook. I would hate to go back to just a regular sword piece though (like in the Clocktower) :sceptic:

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I just hit the jackpot! Cant wait to open these up and see who I got! :excited:

In the UK, I still haven't found anything... :sad:

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hold off on buying the Burrow just in case there'd be a GWP later in the year as I knew I'd want to get DA asap. So I'm definetely planning on buying DA on day one, unless LEGO's being greedy again and puts it up at 450 instead of 400 :sceptic:

This is my plan as well. I was doing good saving money, but then I broke down & bought the NES day one. But it’ll be easier to save up for the other sets & grab DA day one than it will be the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Sheesh417 said:

I went the other day, and there was a TWO HOUR wait just to get inside. I didn't even wait. I would recommend south coast plaza or Ontario mills.

Welcome to waiting for the Modular every January 1st for the last many years.:laugh: 

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I just hit the jackpot! Cant wait to open these up and see who I got! :excited:

Ugh so lucky! Where did you find them?

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Target in Wilmington, Delaware!

Nice! I've been to about 6 different Targets in LA with no luck. I'm not in that big of a hurry though so I'm just going to wait it out. 

I know it’s highly unlikely .. but I’d love to see a Diagon Alley People Pack .. like 60202 the Outdoor Pack and 60234 the Fun Fair Pack .. random Witches and Wizards to fill the street and make it look busier than it currently does ?

3 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know it’s highly unlikely .. but I’d love to see a Diagon Alley People Pack .. like 60202 the Outdoor Pack and 60234 the Fun Fair Pack .. random Witches and Wizards to fill the street and make it look busier than it currently does ?

This would definitely be a great set.  I'm a huge fan of the people packs.  They should also consider doing a Quidditch Player & Fan Pack and maybe a random classroom filler set.  I really hope we get a few more of the accessory packs like the student one at least. 

I think I'm going to use the White Witch or whatever it was from the BAM as a filler person for DA.  I have to go through my minifigs to see what else I've got.  I have a second Grindlewald's escape I can modify the figures from as well as some extras from my box of CMF series 1.

I wish we had more wizards that looked like The Daily Prophet Photographer. I love the class witch look that was used more in PS/CoS.

Also, we are totally going to get to page 600 before Monday!

Edited by Modal

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

I wish we had more wizards that looked like The Daily Prophet Photographer. I love the class witch look that was used more in PS/CoS.

Also, we are totally going to get to page 600 before Monday!

I want Irma prince minifig!

Do you guys think they are ever going to sell the Hagrid and Buckbeak set separately?

6 minutes ago, Surge said:

Do you guys think they are ever going to sell the Hagrid and Buckbeak set separately?

Yes. I think the chance of it being a GWP is slim to none. I am completely convinced this will be available for regular purchase in LEGO's own stores.

Who think the head of the Photographer is also for Karkaroff? if ther's a more unpleasant expression on the other side.

Has anybody come across the collectible minifigures in New York City? Is there anywhere (on this forum or otherwise) you go to to find sightings of them and other lego?