Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

The pictures and film bit I looked at was from the first film? Harry’s first time in DA? The upstairs windows are practically sitting on top of the roof of the downstairs windows??? I could be completely wrong I usually am ? 

Sorry, for some reason I read your post as why are the windows bigger. I see what you mean now though, the position of the window is a touch higher than in the films. I'm guessing this was just to do with build/structure etc. 

And sorry about my little rant, which was aimed at you...your post was just where I got to in my catch up when I decided to to chip in.

I do think when we see HD pics people will warm up to it. I think the set looks incredibly screen accurate and I love it for that because that's a priority for me. I also love Lego buildings, more than minifigs, and I've spent years wishing for more detailed buildings and locations from films/books etc. 

Someone else mentioned the Mos Eisley set, if it is at this level of quality I'm going to be in trouble picking which one to get...but really I know it won't match DA.

There's a rumour going around instagram that the GWP from September 1st till the 15th is the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickhead Set (>100$ purchase) and the already released Harry and Hedwig Polybag (>40$)

If true this would mean the PS Harry torso is still not accounted for. Either that GWP is released at a later date or there is a set that we haven't heard about. The source on instagram is thebrickshow. I would wait till another more reputable leaker/source corroborates this

Edited by Metanoios91

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

There's a rumour going around instagram that the GWP from September 1st till the 15th is the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickhead Set (>100$ purchase) and thealready released Harry and Hedwig Polybag (>40$)

Scroll up, that was posted here an hour ago ?

21 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

Sorry, for some reason I read your post as why are the windows bigger. I see what you mean now though, the position of the window is a touch higher than in the films. I'm guessing this was just to do with build/structure etc. 

And sorry about my little rant, which was aimed at you...your post was just where I got to in my catch up when I decided to to chip in.

I do think when we see HD pics people will warm up to it. I think the set looks incredibly screen accurate and I love it for that because that's a priority for me. I also love Lego buildings, more than minifigs, and I've spent years wishing for more detailed buildings and locations from films/books etc. 

Someone else mentioned the Mos Eisley set, if it is at this level of quality I'm going to be in trouble picking which one to get...but really I know it won't match DA.

That’s ok ? I was just merely curious as to why the designer did that. Anyone whose read my posts will know yes I personally am disappointed with the design because I had read the books the day they were released giving me a few years to imagine my own version of DA (I recently brought Jim Kays versions for my son and felt like the illustrator had a key to my imagination) But as I said already u can never please everyone and I’m really glad so many do love it. Best thing about Lego... you can make it your own ?

Sorry didn't see any discussion about it on this page. The Harry leaked over two months ago. Why would they produce a torso in May for a GWP in October or possibly even later when they have trouble with their normal production capacity right now? Doesn't seem to make sense to produce this far in advance and then have it lie around for a few months

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

Why would they produce a torso in May for a GWP in October or possibly even later when they have trouble with their normal production capacity right now?

The Harry minifigure leaked in July though, July 15 to be exact, so it doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. I’m curious to see when the Ollivander figure leaked in 2018, though

I think holding off the Diagon Alley GWP in 2018 was annoying but not the worst thing because DA is separate from Hogwarts. In this case, I just can't see them holding off a GWP that would tie DIRECTLY into the main set. This would be like if they delayed the mini batmobile GWP to 2 months after the large batmobile came out.

I think the PS minifig is coming in a set in a couple of months. Or it was a really well-done fake leak and we all fell for it (unlikely lol).

Edited by YetiZombie

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

I think the PS minifig is coming in a set in a couple of months. Or it was a really well-done fake leak and we all fell for it.

It can’t be a fake as it’s got the same head printing as the actual figure in the set. 

Personally I don’t see why a variant for the scenes in the first movie couldn’t be included in the same set and will be shown in the complete picture of the set online which usually shows the extra wands and stuff 

Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz as a GWP sounds totally off to me... I'll believe that when I see it. Not that I haven't been wrong before.

6 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

The Harry minifigure leaked in July though, July 15 to be exact, so it doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. I’m curious to see when the Ollivander figure leaked in 2018, though

You are right. Time crunch made it feel like it was June. But even then it would have been produced in June/beginning of July which is still early

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It can’t be a fake as it’s got the same head printing as the actual figure in the set. 

Personally I don’t see why a variant for the scenes in the first movie couldn’t be included in the same set and will be shown in the complete picture of the set online which usually shows the extra wands and stuff 

I was thinking that, but on the box it shows Harry getting his wand from Ollivander and he's wearing the Gryffindor torso. If it was included in the set, they definitely would've used the PS torso for that picture.

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That‘s what I thought at first as well, but they would advertise it somewhere on the box if two versions of Harry were included in the set :wink: Or they made a huge whoopsie and had the wrong version of his in every single picture :head_back: (remember the Ghostbusters 2016 set?)

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s what I thought at first as well, but they would advertise it somewhere on the box if two versions of Harry were included in the set :wink: Or they made a huge whoopsie and had the wrong version of his in every single picture :head_back: (remember the Ghostbusters 2016 set?)

What happened with the Ghostbusters set?

9 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz as a GWP sounds totally off to me... I'll believe that when I see it. Not that I haven't been wrong before.

Yeah as I mentioned in an earlier post I don't completely trust the source since the brickshow could just use this false rumour to promote their insta. Would be best if someone like azani or falconfan could validate this rumour

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Yeah as I mentioned in an earlier post I don't completely trust the source since the brickshow could just use this false rumour to promote their insta. Would be best if someone like azani or falconfan could validate this rumour

The Brick Show is pretty legit, and they didn't post on IG. It was picked up from the article on their website.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

What happened with the Ghostbusters set?

There were two versions of Holtzmann used in the set pictures, one of which was never released (probably because it was intended for a cancelled Dimensions pack). If something similar happened here it would be the most extreme case imaginable for this type of error since it only happened in a handful of pictures of the GB set while here, every single one on the box would have to be wrong :laugh_hard: Not very likely I‘m afraid

20 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I was thinking that, but on the box it shows Harry getting his wand from Ollivander and he's wearing the Gryffindor torso. If it was included in the set, they definitely would've used the PS torso for that picture.

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good points, I hadn’t thought about how the Ollivsmders scene is literally shown on the box :wacko::laugh:

Now I’ve thought so much about it I do hope the back pictures are a mistake and the ps outfit is included as I’m going to be a bit miffed if it’s hard to get elsewhere! 

15 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

The Brick Show is pretty legit, and they didn't post on IG. It was picked up from the article on their website.

I don't remember them leaking anything of relevance for years. Others like promobricks, brickset usually have valid Information months in advance but the Brickshow hasn't really been breaking Lego news since their Youtube channel take over and the time a few years ago when they lost their channel because of watermarked images

Edited by Metanoios91

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I don't remember them leaking anything of relevantlce for years. Others like promobricks, brickset usually have valid Information months in advance but the Brickshow hasn't really been breaking Lego news since their Youtube channel take over and the time a few years ago when they lost their channel because of watermarked images

Fair enough, I hope you're right and it's a new set instead of the Brickheadz

I've been thinking about the leaked PS Harry minifigure, whilst a diagon alley entrance that adds to the set would be great I can't see it happening as the pavement is so narrow at that end next to WWW.

Instead I wonder if we'll get a polybag like set with street furniture: owl stands, cauldron towers, food cart, suitcases, etc.  Maybe another Hagrid too?