Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So, given that the DA set comes with no Gringotts, my theory is that most 2021 line up will be based on Horrocrux scenes, given that Deathly Hallows will be the main theme, and they would complete missed locations:

1. Gringotts Bank for Hufflepuff's Cup.

2. A new part of Hogwarts with a bigger Room of Requirement for Ravenclaw's Diadem (may be the Bell's Towers)

3. Chamber of Secrets for Tom's Diary.

4. Hogwart's Courtyard for Nagini and the final battle.

5. Ministry of Magic for the Locket.

Since there was no Ring scene, we can ignore that one, and Harry himself is everywhere, so, yeah...

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think this is a very different situation to action figure rereleases. When figures are re-released it is because the original figure is hard to find or off the market. Griffindor uniforms are very easy and inexpensive to buy on the aftermarket and they are currently found in various inexpensive sets, activity books, and even a CMF. No kid (or their parents) is buying a $400 set for Griffindor uniforms. 

The main reason people are annoyed is because these figures are not wearing the costumes they wore onscreen. They wore capes over casual clothes but LEGO has given them robes for some reason. 

Yes, I have to agree with you, while reviewing the movies, Ron and Hermione were more street wear and cape, and Harry had a puffy black sweater in film 2.

15 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Looking closer at the torsos it looks like the shirt colours underneath the robes match their legs (meaning that they vary based on what the leg colour is) but I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure.

Yeah, looking at it again I'm not sure that they're identical torsos. Hope you're right!

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yeah, looking at it again I'm not sure that they're identical torsos. Hope you're right!

Yeah, I noticed that the openings at the bottom of the cloaks look different. Maybe I'm just imagining it. I guess we'll see!

You convinced me @sebastian666, I just went to Target and got the book shelf! I got it in Walnut brown though. Will display DA on top and blend the bottom shelves with various books/sets.

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The main reason people are annoyed is because these figures are not wearing the costumes they wore onscreen. They wore capes over casual clothes but LEGO has given them robes for some reason. 

That reason is probably budget. Personally, I’d rather the money go to the actual set than getting three slightly different shirts that are barely noticeable under capes. Plus, those aren’t school robes, otherwise Ron & Hermione wouldn’t have those color legs. They look appropriate as they look to be capes over casual clothes(even though Harry is wearing the correct black legs). 

44 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Yeah, I noticed that the openings at the bottom of the cloaks look different. Maybe I'm just imagining it. I guess we'll see!

Nah you're not imagining it, I noticed this exact thing too. Hope it isn't the potato quality that's tricking us ?

Yea I’m honestly shocked that we have such strong opinions on some of these mini figures, I can’t see shit! Lol

41 minutes ago, Modal said:

You convinced me @sebastian666, I just went to Target and got the book shelf! I got it in Walnut brown though. Will display DA on top and blend the bottom shelves with various books/sets.

Nice! Very happy to hear! I promise, you won’t be disappointed. It’s a great piece of furniture. Can’t wait to see pics when you get everything all set up. Happy building!

58 minutes ago, Khriz92 said:

So, given that the DA set comes with no Gringotts, my theory is that most 2021 line up will be based on Horrocrux scenes, given that Deathly Hallows will be the main theme, and they would complete missed locations:

1. Gringotts Bank for Hufflepuff's Cup.

2. A new part of Hogwarts with a bigger Room of Requirement for Ravenclaw's Diadem (may be the Bell's Towers)

3. Chamber of Secrets for Tom's Diary.

4. Hogwart's Courtyard for Nagini and the final battle.

5. Ministry of Magic for the Locket.

Since there was no Ring scene, we can ignore that one, and Harry himself is everywhere, so, yeah...

This is absolutely brilliant. From your mouth to the LEGO gods ears!

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Nice! Very happy to hear! I promise, you won’t be disappointed. It’s a great piece of furniture. Can’t wait to see pics when you get everything all set up. Happy building!

I might end up getting the same one ?. My sets are all currently in my parents' home (since I'm here during the covid times), but I'll be building DA in my apartment where I won't have a shelf for it. It'll probably just be sitting on my computer desk until I get it a proper home.

23 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Nah you're not imagining it, I noticed this exact thing too. Hope it isn't the potato quality that's tricking us ?

I looked at the front box art and i'm 99.9% all three are identical. I'd love for them to be unique. But it doesn't look to be the case.

Obviously there will be more to gush about when we get HD pictures of the set, but I already love some of the details we can already see, like the spiderweb above the Daily Prophet’s office—it makes me think fondly of the original HP sets which loved to throw spiderwebs in the background of the Hogwarts sets. I wonder if that was the designer’s intention?

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

I might end up getting the same one ?. My sets are all currently in my parents' home (since I'm here during the covid times), but I'll be building DA in my apartment where I won't have a shelf for it. It'll probably just be sitting on my computer desk until I get it a proper home.

Haha nice! It really is a great bookshelf for these displays. You can also prop up a mirror behind it too so you can see all of the interiors.

6 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Long-time lurker, first-time caller, loved my HP legos as a kid and recently got back into it. I don’t know if anyone has answered the question of where the Sirius poster stickers go. It looks from pictures like there is a crate with newspapers or flyers, or both, inside the DP entryway - maybe that’s where those stickers wind up?

I’m with the others who are wondering why we did not get an Arthur with that magnificent hat! Seems like just swapping in his hilariously dressed character with Molly would have added a lot to the mini lineup in my eye (I’m overall just surprised we don’t get 1 or 2 more, but love I do those quidditch torsos!). Plus, at the risk of sounding too needy, now they got two swings at a home run Molly fig in one year and kind of missed on both.

Great energy from this community during a crazy time, let’s enjoy this time!

Now I guess the stickers may be applied on the wall of Knockturn Alley entrance (between F&B and WWW).

But I think I will not use them. Maybe someday I will mock my own Leaky Cauldron and apply those poster stickers.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Yea I’m honestly shocked that we have such strong opinions on some of these mini figures, I can’t see shit! Lol

Lol. Same. I’m not going to worry about what I think of the minifigure quality until I can see them clear enough to do more than just identify which characters they are. 

37 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Obviously there will be more to gush about when we get HD pictures of the set, but I already love some of the details we can already see, like the spiderweb above the Daily Prophet’s office—it makes me think fondly of the original HP sets which loved to throw spiderwebs in the background of the Hogwarts sets. I wonder if that was the designer’s intention?

Yeah, the spiderweb definitely gave me nostalgia vibes too, and there’s also a rat in one of the attics. Plus the most owls we’ve gotten in a single set since the  theme reboot. All you need to complete the 2001-2004 Harry Potter Lego feels is some fluorescent spiders :head_back:

26 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, the spiderweb definitely gave me nostalgia vibes too, and there’s also a rat in one of the attics. Plus the most owls we’ve gotten in a single set since the  theme reboot. All you need to complete the 2001-2004 Harry Potter Lego feels is some fluorescent spiders :head_back:

Now imagine if the trio had been given the starry black capes. That would've been an "abducted by Tom Riddle's diary and taken back 19 years ago" kind of moment :classic:

5 hours ago, Juturna said:

So what's everyone's take on Lego releasing this to the VIPs two weeks before it rolls out of regular customers, and do you think they will have a pre order?? 

The set releases in a little more than a week so an early VIP release is definetely not going to happen and I highly doubt they'll do preorders as they haven't done them for the other D2C sets this year.

3 hours ago, karrit said:

Can we please stop expecting that absolutely every figure be precisely accurate to the movie depictions.  

Um, well.... no. From the start of the reboot this theme has made itself known as one of the licensed themes that cares most about screenaccuracy, obviously we'll at least have something to say if figures end up not being accurate :tongue:

I have a question (it might be familiar as I've asked it before but then it got lost in the excitment of sticker leaks) - does anyone know how long it will stay exclusive to Lego for?  It's my Christmas present, and Mum wants to know if she has any chance of being able to pay it off (through somewhere like Toyworld), as opposed to buying direct.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Um, well.... no. From the start of the reboot this theme has made itself known as one of the licensed themes that cares most about screenaccuracy, obviously we'll at least have something to say if figures end up not being accurate :tongue:

Exactly, (almost) everything since 2018 has been screen accurate,  and like it was discussed a bit earlier, the only inaccuracies have been due to creative liberty or weird lighting

10 hours ago, Yope said:

Given that a lot of us seem to be slightly underwhelmed by the minifigure count, how many would people have been satisfied with?

Personally I do not care much about details on the minifigs, like if they use a new or old head as long as they do not look to bad (I do think the old Burrrow figs are better than the new, but they are OK).
However what I do care about is the number of figs and new characters and both with the DA and the CMF it is becoming more and more clear that they are going for a marathon with this theme and and not just have the sprint left next year. The way they save unique new characters for later and instead give us variants we already got or are getting soon in another set.
Regarding figs that should have been included in the DA, there are several ways Lego could have done it:

1. Use the same Arthur we got this year and include Hermiones parents. Not the most interesting figs, but they would not cost much, be unique to the set and most parts probably could be taken from older figs to save money
  2. If they managed to make and include Florian I am sure that they could have included more shop owners. They most likely had extras playing shop-owners in the film, even if they did not show up as them in screen they probably have some pictures of them in a drawer somewhere.
  3. Use a few extras as shop-owners, there are plenty of people in the movies, just pretend that one of them is a shop-owner so we either can use them in the street or in the shop as we like

I really hope we get more FB sets later, because those figs would be perfect in a DA setting :sweet:

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think at this point we've well established that none of the DA shops can be well represented at a pricepoint as low as $30

Yes, no way we get a full shop GWP, the price of future expansions would probably be 80-100 per set of 2 shops or in Gringotts case maybe even more just for one shop :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, InkyStar said:

I have a question (it might be familiar as I've asked it before but then it got lost in the excitment of sticker leaks) - does anyone know how long it will stay exclusive to Lego for?  It's my Christmas present, and Mum wants to know if she has any chance of being able to pay it off (through somewhere like Toyworld), as opposed to buying direct.

What an awesome mom and an amazing Christmas gift :)

As far as I know, all D2C’s are exclusive to Lego Stores and Lego.com. So I guess to answer your question, yes it’ll have to be direct. Has there been evidence of D2C’s showing up in other stores during their shelf life?

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

As far as I know, all D2C’s are exclusive to Lego Stores and Lego.com. So I guess to answer your question, yes it’ll have to be direct. 

Awesome, thanks!  I got the Hogwarts Castle last year, and soon as I told Mum about Diagon Alley, she told me my christmas present for this year was sorted.  I am very lucky, even though my Mum had thought the days of buying Lego for Christmas were long done :grin:

1 minute ago, Modal said:

As far as I know, all D2C’s are exclusive to Lego Stores and Lego.com. So I guess to answer your question, yes it’ll have to be direct. 

Only for a few months before they show up in other stores (at least here in Norway), but hard to predict exactly when so could be after x-mas:shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

As far as I know, all D2C’s are exclusive to Lego Stores and Lego.com. So I guess to answer your question, yes it’ll have to be direct. Has there been evidence of D2C’s showing up in other stores during their shelf life?

While I don’t know how things go in Australia/New Zealand(which seems to be where Toyworld is), Target here used to have little advertisements on the shelves of D2C’s & directing people to their website to order. Looking now, I see the Technic Lamborghini on there. I even remember seeing an Assembly Square at B&N years ago. 

7 minutes ago, InkyStar said:

Awesome, thanks!  I got the Hogwarts Castle last year, and soon as I told Mum about Diagon Alley, she told me my christmas present for this year was sorted.  I am very lucky, even though my Mum had thought the days of buying Lego for Christmas were long done :grin:

Tell me about it. Being born in ‘94, my last set as a kid was Vladek’s Dark Fortress in 2005. I just got back into Lego during Covid and it’s quite a nostalgia trip :laugh_hard: though I never got the big expensive sets back in the day, so it’s nice being of age to purchase my own things. 

Edited by Modal