Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I don't necessarily have a problem with the amount, but the quality . As stated by many, Lucius should have gotten a unique faceprint. The Bruce Wayne is just grumpy, whereas an arrogant face would have represented Lucius the best imo. I also don't like the colour of his (and Draco's hair) as tan fits much better (heck, even white would look better than yellow imo) Also for some reason the DP photographer looks dreadful in my eyes :D Might be the short legs and the massive hair/hat piece. For me, the selection could've been enhanced by replacing Hagrid with Arthur with his hat (recolour of the Death Eater/Wizard hat). 

10 minutes ago, Azani said:

I posted a dozen photos on Instagram, but more are coming out by the day, so keep searching. And keep checking https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/75978.

I've created a web scraper that'll text me when the set comes up on there ?, PM me if you're interested!

Edited by YetiZombie

21 minutes ago, Azani said:

Aha, in this case, I regret to say that that is correct. I had understood from one of my sources that the price would remain set at $349.99 US, but apparently something changed along the line and TLG decided to increase the MSRP. Still a spectacular kit, still more (much more) than worth the cost, but not ideal. Heck, the PpP is still out of this world for a licensed kit, but then again, 71043 was much better.

I had also suspected an October release date, but September is looking more and more likely by the day. :)

I posted a dozen photos on Instagram, but more are coming out by the day, so keep searching. And keep checking https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/75978.

Have you heard anything regarding the PS Harry minifig?

19 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I've created a web scraper that'll text me when the set comes up on there ?, PM me if you're interested!

Glad to hear it; we appreciate that, man!

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

Have you heard anything regarding the PS Harry minifig?

If you're referring to the "Dirty Harry" from PS, then unfortunate as it is, nothing concrete, no. Plenty of guesses.

If you are referring to something else, then please do clarify. It's been a long week.

Edited by Azani

I know its unrelated - but its related if you think about making space for Diagon alley. The two BIG sets i have are the disney castle (very dirty dusty grimey) and the  Disneyland Entrance....I'm thinking one will need to be taken apart - maybe some other modulars.....Can someone tell me where i can look for tips on how to BEST dismantle the sets....DO I read the directions in reverse? Etc. Etc. Any help is appreciated.  

1 minute ago, broadwaybocaj said:

I know its unrelated - but its related if you think about making space for Diagon alley. The two BIG sets i have are the disney castle (very dirty dusty grimey) and the  Disneyland Entrance....I'm thinking one will need to be taken apart - maybe some other modulars.....Can someone tell me where i can look for tips on how to BEST dismantle the sets....DO I read the directions in reverse? Etc. Etc. Any help is appreciated.  

Start from the top, remove loose bricks, and be gentle. Also,, always use a brick separator when necessary :)

Just take some chunks off and start disassembling those, put all the loose pieces together and wash them afterwards to get rid of your dust.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Just take some chunks off and start disassembling those, put all the loose pieces together and wash them afterwards to get rid of your dust.

But how best to dismantle in an organized way to rebuild another time???? 

But how best to dismantle in an organized way to rebuild another time???? 

You could dismantle it by using the instructions backwards but that's just gonna be a huge waste of time. The only good way to do it (at least imo) is just breaking the set apart, washing the pieces and then just sort them out and put them in bags.

13 minutes ago, Azani said:

Glad to hear it; we appreciate that, man!

If you're referring to the "Dirty Harry" from PS, then unfortunate as it is, nothing concrete, no. Plenty of guesses.

If you are referring to something else, then please do clarify. It's been a long week.

Yea I meant the Dirty Harry with the bright blue shirt. I’m assuming it’s similar to when Olivander was leaked before Hogwarts and it’s for a GWP

Thanks for the info!

Edited by Modal

Am I the only that can't unsee "OLLIVA    NDERS"? It's embarrassingly bad for such an expensive set, hopefully the stickers can be better applied than that.

On a more positive note happy to finally join the site/thread.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Oh, that is incredibly disappointing indeed. Lucius is by far my most anticipated character this set and I really hoped he would have a unique face... 

Same

Someone pointed this out before, but I find it curious how DA has that Knockturn Alley entrance with the slanted window, and it reminds me immensely of the slanted window technique in the Pirates of Barracuda Bay Ideas set released earlier this year, which parallels (at least to me) with how the design of the main tower in 71043 was inspired by the design of the Apollo Saturn V rocket, another Ideas set released recently prior to that. Just something that stood out to me :shrug_oh_well:

So are we thinking Monday teaser Tuesday reveal? Seems to be the move since Tuesday is exactly one week before September 1st.

For everyone complaining about the generic torsos on the trio I see it as an opportunity to mock them into other students to populate DA.  When the torsos are too character specific they become harder to use as army builders.  For some people this may be their first set so the trio is welcome and necessary to the set but for those of us who have purchased everything at least since the reboot we really don't need them.  One really can't use a torso that has robes with Ron's monogrammed sweater to create a generic student.

14 minutes ago, Modal said:

So are we thinking Monday teaser Tuesday reveal? Seems to be the move since Tuesday is exactly one week before September 1st.

I wouldn’t put it past Lego to give us a teaser on Friday and let us stew over the weekend 

12 minutes ago, karrit said:

For everyone complaining about the generic torsos on the trio I see it as an opportunity to mock them into other students to populate DA.  When the torsos are too character specific they become harder to use as army builders.  For some people this may be their first set so the trio is welcome and necessary to the set but for those of us who have purchased everything at least since the reboot we really don't need them.  One really can't use a torso that has robes with Ron's monogrammed sweater to create a generic student.

But if you're an army builder, you probably won't be buying several $400 sets anyway. You'd be buying the other cheaper sets or the CMFs (which have Gryffindor torsos too). And if this is your first HP set, I'm sure you'd appreciate having unique torsos for the different characters. It just adds to the immersion of the scene being represented.

1 hour ago, kelano said:

Am I the only that can't unsee "OLLIVA    NDERS"? It's embarrassingly bad for such an expensive set, hopefully the stickers can be better applied than that.

If you just look at the sticker sheet you'll notice that the stickers on the box are just positioned quite far apart, you can put them closer if you want

26 minutes ago, Zedro said:

Does anyone considered the “Dirty Harry” belong to a GWP of the missing store  “Eeylops Owl Emporium”? B&B have more potencial for a stand alone set in the future and gringotts does not seam to release soon. So a version of Harry from DA could be for a missing store that could work as GWP.

I think at this point we've well established that none of the DA shops can be well represented at a pricepoint as low as $30

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder where they spent the budget on this one, it is not prints and minifigs so must be bricks then :shrug_oh_well:

There’s a fair number of new minifig prints. The quidditch robes, Lockhart, Fortesque, DP photographer, Lucius(pretty sure). New parts, the only one I know for sure is the light purple masonry brick in WWW. Are the 1x2x2 windows in Scribbulus & WWW new(blue/orange)? I feel like WWW may not be, but I haven’t looked. 

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They did Crabbe back when the figures were still yellow

I still love the idea of “battle packs” in the form of four common room sets, one for each house. Each could have four students from that house consisting of two with house robes, one with a house sweater, and one in house quidditch robes

That’s an awesome idea. Before getting the student pack this year, I’d say that won’t happen...but now, it could. They are showing a lot of love to this theme. 

2 hours ago, Yope said:

Given that a lot of us seem to be slightly underwhelmed by the minifigure count, how many would people have been satisfied with?

For me just 2 more would have been fine, if say Arthur and Percy had been included then I would have been very happy.  Rita Skeeter and Mundungus Fletcher would have been great but a bit of a long shot, more likely (and less interesting) would have been some more students in WWW.

I’m fine with the amount & who we got. Still, I think omitting Arthur was a mistake. Rita as well, as she would make for a great minifigure, her print would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

I think it's inexcusable that Arthur was left out, especially since it includes Molly and Lucius. I think any more figures beyond that though would've been wishful thinking, given the theme/scene of the set.

However, my biggest gripe with the minfigures is the fact that the trio are all wearing the same torso. We've come to expect each member of the trio to have a different print in this new wave (except for the Great Hall, which is understandable). In the DA scene they're trying to depict, the kids are visibly wearing different outfits underneath their robes. For example - Ron's wearing his R sweater. It would've been amazing to get those prints to make each figure unique, and it seems like a big missed opportunity to me.

The only set they all came in with school robes was Great Hall. Otherwise it was CMF’s where they have different robes on. I think expecting a peek at casual clothes under robes was a bit too much to ask for, in this case. 

1 hour ago, thenudeorganist said:

I don't necessarily have a problem with the amount, but the quality . As stated by many, Lucius should have gotten a unique faceprint. The Bruce Wayne is just grumpy, whereas an arrogant face would have represented Lucius the best imo. I also don't like the colour of his (and Draco's hair) as tan fits much better (heck, even white would look better than yellow imo) Also for some reason the DP photographer looks dreadful in my eyes :D Might be the short legs and the massive hair/hat piece. For me, the selection could've been enhanced by replacing Hagrid with Arthur with his hat (recolour of the Death Eater/Wizard hat). 

There’s no way they would’ve left Hagrid out of a Diagon Alley set, he’s way too crucial to it in this setting. I would say it would be nice to at least get a variant...but what else is there? 

The robes are wrong though, they didnt wear those kinds of robes.   No hoods or arms in diagon alley 'robes' from chamber of secrets, it was some unique casual thing.  Whatever lego made seems to be standard Hogwarts robes  just closed up completely top the top.

10 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I would say it would be nice to at least get a variant...but what else is there? 

Definetely agree with this, Hagrid's inclusion is fine. The only variant we haven't gotten yet is Care of Magical Creatures

On 8/13/2020 at 2:23 AM, phoenix416 said:

I am still holding some slight hope... if there is no leaky cauldron, then why do they include those two Sirius wanted poster in the sticker sheet? They are just so fitting the leaky cauldron movie scene.:sceptic:

Long-time lurker, first-time caller, loved my HP legos as a kid and recently got back into it. I don’t know if anyone has answered the question of where the Sirius poster stickers go. It looks from pictures like there is a crate with newspapers or flyers, or both, inside the DP entryway - maybe that’s where those stickers wind up?

I’m with the others who are wondering why we did not get an Arthur with that magnificent hat! Seems like just swapping in his hilariously dressed character with Molly would have added a lot to the mini lineup in my eye (I’m overall just surprised we don’t get 1 or 2 more, but love I do those quidditch torsos!). Plus, at the risk of sounding too needy, now they got two swings at a home run Molly fig in one year and kind of missed on both.

Great energy from this community during a crazy time, let’s enjoy this time!

Anyone else still figuring out how they’re going to display this set? I’m thinking of getting a nice 49’ desk for my bedroom, which can fit this set. Once we add Gringotts though it’s all up in the air. So long!

I think QQS will look better once Gringott’s gets released. LEGO put the brightest buildings at the beginning with the whites of  Gringott’s, middle with the pink/red of  QQS, and end with the orange/lavenders of WWW, right where the eyes naturally wander with the “duller” sets balancing them.  This is why the set seems unbalanced atm, it’s not offset on the left side with a bright color, so your eye just wanders to the middle of it.