Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think we are going to get a second D2C in like 2 years with The LC, Madam Malkins, Eeylops, and some other stores i'm forgetting.

I highly doubt this will happen. We will get Gringotts and maybe a Knockturn Alley set, but nothing of this size D2C

Sooo... New DA set leak. I have to say that I have mixed feelings like many other.
First of all, i like it as a street and possible nice addition to my modular street. I am not big fannof open backs but in this case its kinda ok. I like those interiors and looking forward for designers video and high res. pics. Colours are just stunning especially lilac masonry bricks on WWW. I like that small alley entrance to the Knockturn alley.
BUT those opened backs kinda limits any future ad ons to make more depth in this street.
As many of you already stated, i am kinda surprised about minifigs lineup. Its definitelly small number on 400 USD set. I would rather see 20 figs. But maybe TLC counts on CMF2 series to fill the population in DA even though there is not any specific DA fig.

What i dislike the most arw those stickers. Set like this deserves prints. And a lot of them. All of those signs and other decorations should be printed. Only salvation in this matter could be bezter price like 350 USD. Even then I really hope for some exclusive prints and utensils etc. Overall there is a big potencial for another add ons like Owl shop, Leaky Cauldron, Gringots and Borkin and Burkes. Hope that they will come next year. 

If there's a second street then it would most probably follow the Ninjago City + Docks time schedule

Was Minilegogo the first to post the Harry Potter minifig? Their story has that image with “oops ?” and also the same for another minifig who I can’t remember. What do you think they’re meaning by that? That whoever leaked it mixed up the factory parts or something?

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Was Minilegogo the first to post the Harry Potter minifig? Their story has that image with “oops ?” and also the same for another minifig who I can’t remember. What do you think they’re meaning by that? That whoever leaked it mixed up the factory parts or something?

Why does his first one have oops? That is clearly in the set. The other Harry yea I have no idea, it HAS to be a GWP or something

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yep minilegogo has been our best HP leaker of the summer! God bless minilegogo

2 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

BUT those opened backs kinda limits any future ad ons to make more depth in this street.

I don’t wanna open this can of worms between us again but I don’t think you’re in the majority wanting to make a long two sided street... many of us just have (or don’t have, oops, lol) a shelf to put this on, where you can’t make a two sided street, as you’d only see the backsides of one lot of buildings. Yes, making them have closed backs wouldn’t prevent this, but it would massively increase the depth for little addition to the set (except on the price, that would be a large addition). To make a two sided street you need a table so that you can view it from all angles, and most of us don’t have the space.

:hmpf_bad:

Off Topic: 

But for the record—because multiple former trouble-making members who frequent this thread specifically seem not to know—if you were banned from Eurobricks, you are not welcome to just come back via a new account. Upon discovery, the new account(s) will also be banned. 

If we throw you out, stay out please.

Thank you—continue on! :thumbup:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Yep minilegogo has been our best HP leaker of the summer! God bless minilegogo

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Why does his first one have oops? That is clearly in the set. The other Harry yea I have no idea, it HAS to be a GWP or something

okay thank you :) and oh I didn’t realise that was the leaked Florian, I don’t think I was paying attention when that leaked and didn’t care much as I didn’t know who he was!

I don't think the pink is any more of a bold choice than, say the blue on the Dectective's Office. I think the shot of the back of the box makes it look much less jarring. 

I think I need to start a defence force for QQS and the Hungarian Horntail.

2 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

I don't think the pink is any more of a bold choice than, say the blue on the Dectective's Office. I think the shot of the back of the box makes it look much less jarring. 

I think I need to start a defence force for QQS and the Hungarian Horntail.

I think we need someone to photoshop the QQS with red/gold so we can have a vote on which works better. :laugh: Though Lego has been killing it lately, they want to match the movie set perfectly and they did just that.

Edited by Modal

27 minutes ago, aimo said:

Exactly, when I look at the old Lockardt figure I recognize the character immediately, the new one - besides the awful hair piece - has no personality and I barely recognize him

The problem is the hairpiece. 

I dont know why they couldnt give him a new one.

Batman 89 D2C had a new mold. Same with Disney Castle and Disney Train D2Cs

When you have professor Trelawney and professor Sprout looking so good and accurate, you cant help but notice Lockhart

Sorry to ask, but are all these photos on instagram as I can't find photos of the new quidditch robes anywhere?

Edited by Ringwraith

1 minute ago, Ringwraith said:

Sorry to ask, but are all these photos on instagram?

Yes, you can find all the photo's there.

2 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Sorry to ask, but are all these photos on instagram?

Yep, on the tag where you can find some leaks and a lot of spam

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname
ninja'd

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yep, on the tag where you can find some leaks and a lot of spam

ah okay thank you

10 minutes ago, Modal said:

Now we take the remaining 24 pages discussing the mysterious Harry minifigure. It’s 2018 all over again!!!

:laugh: *insert confused blonde woman calculating meme*

4 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

But now, more than ever, this confirms what I have always known - that Hogwarts castle needs the type of love and attention only a D2C could give. Please make it happen, Lego!

Probably a D2C with dorms and common rooms, moving stairs, portraits, Umbridge’s office or even the bits with fluffy, winged keys, etc. Also, more greenery for the outside, stained glasses, alleys, cobblestones, bells. The current Hogwarts display looks awesome but it’s kind of monotonous :shrug_oh_well:

And honestly, D2C or not, I hope they change it up by adding those details mentioned above in the next Hogwarts set.

Does anyone have any more info about the HP-4 coded set that was mentioned? @Guyon2002 said it was quoted at $30. Do we have any other details on it? I’m curious what folks think it could be. I originally thought it would be Borgin and Burke’s, but for only $30 I can’t imagine anything else that would include that Harry torso. Maybe just the moving brick wall at the back of Diagon Alley and a tiny bit of the Leaky Cauldron? 

Maybe Harry's mysterious torso is also included in the set, like how in Ninjago City Lloyd has both his casual outfit and ninja gi.

Lucius reusing the 2012 Bruce Wayne/Loki head is annoying.