Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

LEGO just posted on social media...no official reveal or teaser today. Guess it's being revealed next week.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

LEGO just posted on social media...no official reveal or teaser today. Guess it's being revealed next week.

Diagon Alley: leaks

LEGO: lol heres gophers get rekt lol 

I'm a little surprised it is on baseplates as opposed to 16x16 plates but I'm indifferent.  Looks like building heights are an average of about 23 bricks high but hard to tell from images.  All my thoughts are pretty much echoed by others.  Excited about the prospect to MOC more buildings and alley and make it fully modular-standard (or at least see what other do with it).  Probably color swap pink for olive green and WWW lavender for light stone grey.

Edited by Willworkfortoys

50 minutes ago, Yope said:

I think the designers actually used the first two films almost exactly as their source (excluding WWW of course).  In the clip below from 43s and even in the thumbnail you can see that the right hand side of the street as you face Gringotts goes Ollivanders, Scribbulus, QQS, door (Daily Prophet entrance), Florean Fortescue's, F&B, Knockturn Alley entrance.

Thanks for sharing the video. Thats a good spot and the accuracy of the set is really impressive when looking at the shops in that shot. 

Does anyone know what colour pink the QQS is specifically?

Figures are fine but not massively exciting. Seems like the focus was definitely more on the build itself.

3 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Figures are fine but not massively exciting. Seems like the focus was definitely more on the build itself.

I feel like that is the way Diagon Alley should be.

I'm definitely most excited about Flourish & Blotts! I might switch out the color of QQS - in the theme park, only the bottom is red/pink (sand red would have been great!) and the top is grey, so I think that would match the sensibilities a bit better :)

I wonder if there will be four instruction booklets, one for each section, so you could potentially have four people building at the same time—seems like that would be a really fun family activity 

1 minute ago, bluedog1111 said:

I feel like that is the way Diagon Alley should be.

Yeah, definitely agreed. Same sort of logic as a regular Modular set in that sense.

I got what I wished for in terms of minifigs (Lockhart + Lucius), so I appreciate the selection here :sweet: 14 is pretty reasonable I think.

I’m also really happy with the build itself. The 2011 set has been one of my favourites before the reboot started, but this one really gives it a run for its money :laugh: It‘s almost funny when you compare them

Oh my, it is gorgeous!! :wub: Here I was thinking it would not be that great with no Gringotts, no Eeylops Owl Emporium, no Madam Malkin's... But the truth is that it looks amazing.

By the way, I have found the pictures also looking in Google, in case you want to see them in bigger size than in Instagram (a Dutch website has published them).

Edited by Shiene
Remove link -sorry!

Just now, Shiene said:

(I don't know if it is allowed to put this link here; please tell me if not).

You aren't

7 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

You aren't

Great, I just changed the message then, thanks! (And sorry). I have looked in Google to check if there was something official from Lego (nothing, sadly enough) and found a website posting the same images than in Instagram.

In any case, these DA shops looks really nice. They are full of details. I can't wait to see the official images! :wub:

3 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I just realized on the Ollivanders building there is a owl is that a new kind of Owl?

It is not new for this set. It came already in The Burrow. Or do you mean the tan one? That one is new indeed! ^^

Edited by Shiene

And I don't like it. The buildings are too square in my opinion and the roofs should be triangular and not flat. Also the minifigures are disappointment. 

Lucius seems to be reusing the Bruce Wayne head (:hmpf_bad:) as some have pointed out, but Lockhart appears to have a new one. At least I hope it is :tongue: Oh, and I have to correct myself, technically the set includes 16 minifigs if you count the mannequins. Personally, I do because they have new torso prints that can easily be repurposed for actual Quidditch players

28 minutes ago, MischiefManaged said:

the owlry

With 2 owls max :head_back:

28 minutes ago, MischiefManaged said:

Figures in the DA set are not amazing but we get a decent amount of them and the detail in the buildings and the set overall for the price is pretty crazy Also, I didnt see them on the grainy pics, but if QQS has torsos they likely are counted as minifigs... so while we see 14, TLG could be saying 16 or 17 based on that..

That is a good point :classic:

1 hour ago, Yope said:

I think the designers actually used the first two films almost exactly as their source (excluding WWW of course).  In the clip below from 43s and even in the thumbnail you can see that the right hand side of the street as you face Gringotts goes Ollivanders, Scribbulus, QQS, door (Daily Prophet entrance), Florean Fortescue's, F&B, Knockturn Alley entrance.

And the building containing QQS is pink - it just doesn't look great in the set imo as such a bright shade over a large area.

It almost makes you wonder whether they could release the whole left hand side at a separate date!  Owl Emporium, Cauldron shop, Madam Malkins, Leaky Cauldron(?), etc.

That is how they make all the sets this time around, as close to the movies as possible :thumbup: No way they would have made Scribbulus, door (Daily Prophet entrance), Florean Fortescue's a few year ago, then they would have taken more famous shops from the other side instead.. I think we most likely will get the other side as well either as a D2C follow up, but more likely smaller modulars with 2 shops every year :wink:

the buildings are great but i cant help but feel quite underwhelmed by the minifigures, they just appear quite dull and uninteresting, and lockhart just doesn't look great either in my opinion.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

But my highlights are definitely how amazing Ollivander’s and Flourish & Blott’s turned out. Pretty disappointed by the decision to make QQS pink, though. The building is olive green in the movies and only appears pinkish in the glare of the colored lighting at the London WB Studio Tour.

I agree with the color choice of QQS being too loud and out of place. I still love the set and will be getting it as soon as available, provided I'm lucky enough to get it before it sells out. I think though, I'll get bricks in sand blue or sand green or some color more accurate to replace the pink on QQS. It just seems to disrupt the tone of the set. Otherwise I'm really happy with the leak and what we have coming.

7 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I just realized on the Ollivanders building there is a owl is that a new kind of Owl?

6 minutes ago, Shiene said:

It is not new for this set. It came already in The Burrow. Or do you mean the tan one? That one is new indeed! ^^

New for HP, but came in a small city set 60247 this year :wink:

1 minute ago, stoker86 said:

I agree with the color choice of QQS being too loud and out of place. I still love the set and will be getting it as soon as available, provided I'm lucky enough to get it before it sells out. I think though, I'll get bricks in sand blue or sand green or some color more accurate to replace the pink on QQS. It just seems to disrupt the tone of the set. Otherwise I'm really happy with the leak and what we have coming.

I appreciate the colour scheme, but it does look a bit as if Kirby ate a house :laugh_hard: 

1 minute ago, stoker86 said:

I'll get bricks in sand blue or sand green or some color more accurate to replace the pink on QQS

I assume it is accurate, that is probably why they used it, but I agree that on the low definition pictures is looks a little bit of (will wait for HD before judging) :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

New for HP, but came in a small city set 60247 this year :wink:

True! And what do you think about the dark brown one? Could it be the same that came with the CMF Cho Chang? (but darker due to the quality of the picture).

Just now, Roebuck said:

I assume it is accurate, that is probably why they used it, but I agree that on the low definition pictures is looks a little bit of (will wait for HD before judging) :shrug_oh_well:

It definitely is accurate, to the first movie, if not to the theme parks. If I'm honest I'd much rather it look like it does in the movies than in a tourist attraction, even if it's a less universally appealing colour choice.

da.jpg.f8c4e939de6a9bbb4d84f8b7aa47e36a.jpg