Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

What's everyone's favourite shop? For me it's Flourish and Blotts, closely followed by the new Ollivanders :wub_drool:

I think for me it's Ollivanders because I love those yellow windows, followed closely by Flourish and Blotts. I thought I'd love WWW, but something just isn't grabbing me. I think it's just how blocky the nose on the head is.

Just now, Brick Guru said:

I noticed that WWW doesn't have many products in it. Little disappointed :sceptic:

the images are very blurry there could be a lot of products we just can't see them. 

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Pretty disappointed by the decision to make QQS pink, though. The building is olive green in the movies and only appears pinkish in the glare of the colored lighting at the London WB Studio Tour. The designers obviously used the Studio Tour as their reference for this set and not the films.

I think the designers actually used the first two films almost exactly as their source (excluding WWW of course).  In the clip below from 43s and even in the thumbnail you can see that the right hand side of the street as you face Gringotts goes Ollivanders, Scribbulus, QQS, door (Daily Prophet entrance), Florean Fortescue's, F&B, Knockturn Alley entrance.

And the building containing QQS is pink - it just doesn't look great in the set imo as such a bright shade over a large area.

It almost makes you wonder whether they could release the whole left hand side at a separate date!  Owl Emporium, Cauldron shop, Madam Malkins, Leaky Cauldron(?), etc.

Just now, Yope said:

It almost makes you wonder whether they could release the whole left hand side at a separate date!  Owl Emporium, Cauldron shop, Madam Malkins, Leaky Cauldron(?), etc.

Maybe, but a lot of those shops don't have much in the way of screen time

Agreed, I think it's unlikely.  Just funny how the decision was made to feature one side of the street alone - they must have known what they were excluding.

Neither did a lot of these :wink:

14 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Alright this may be wishful thinking but is it possible that Borgin and Burkes is a GWP?

also does Scribbulus have a door?  

That would be far too big for a GWP lol, and they wouldn’t make it that exclusive.

Yes it has a door.

1 minute ago, Yope said:

Agreed, I think it's unlikely.  Just funny how the decision was made to feature one side of the street alone - they must have known what they were excluding.

The sections disconnect so my assumption is that you can make 2 sides

AHHHHHHHHHH! Yo this set is so detailed and beautiful and colorful! I always imagined it looking great, but this is just another level. Personally I really love QQS the pink and red blend so nicely and Flourish and Blotts has that nice brown and green contrast. And my boy Lockhart is in it looking spiffy as always, though not screen accurate but it’s no big deal.

What would you guys think if they replaced Hogwarts Modulars with a couple of standalone DA modulars? Or maybe if the Hogwartses were medium sized sets. The fact they Wouldn’t work as standalone always came up in these discussions before, but the ones left that people want, Gringotts and B&B (Not sure Leaky Cauldron would work as standalone) would work on their own.

25 minutes ago, aimo said:

I hate to say this, but the minifigures are such a let down for me...And Lockardt looks somehow off, not sure why. The buildings are amazing though

At least the buildings look amazing. This should make up for the lacklustre minifigs. But yea, when minifigs are bad, it's just so disappointing.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

What would you guys think if they replaced Hogwarts Modulars with a couple of standalone DA modulars? Or maybe if the Hogwartses were medium sized sets. The fact they Wouldn’t work as standalone always came up in these discussions before, but the ones left that people want, Gringotts and B&B (Not sure Leaky Cauldron would work as standalone) would work on their own.

The only major parts of Hogwarts they haven't done yet are the Bell Towers and Boathouse, once they've done those I'd gladly take smaller DA modulars!

I love every single build of it. The minifigures are great, but 14 is a bit of disappointment. The open backs looks similar to the station from Disney Train en Station, by that, i really think Marcos Bessa is the designer of this.

36 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

For now, without seeing HD pictures, F&B paired with Fortescue's, Ollivander is close second. I'm surprised WWW looks this good, being all lavender and orange. QQS, I don't know what to think. ground floor is excellent, the above is... so annoyingly pink :wacko:

Yeah the Quality Quidditch Supplies section looks the most underwhelming to me at the moment although it will probably look a lot better with more pictures. I do really love the build for the ground floor windows though, they look really nice and vintage. 

Also in regard to the figures I'm probably in the minority here but I would much prefer another Hogwarts torso repeated three times instead of three different civilian outfits :grin: I just really like Hogwarts torsos! Also the figures of the trio here are much better than the ones from 2011 when they all reused civilian torsos from the main line of sets. Personally I'm quite looking forward to customising a lot of random Diagon Alley civilians using bits from Build a Minifigure and old Hobbit minifigures!

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lucky for me today's my day off :excited:

Ah, I'm super jealous :grin:

Sorry if this was mentioned already (this thread is moving at the speed of light), but is the wand box a new mold?

First impressions—well, more like fifth and sixth impressions because I’ve been catching up on reading all the replies here while going back to the pictures—just wow, it’s incredible. It takes some time to get used to some decisions like the pink above QQS and the minifigure count, but for what it is, spectacular. I may hold off on more detailed thoughts until we get the HD pictures (hopefully this leaking means we’re only a couple days away!!), but so far really pleased, definitely still gonna pick up day 1

5 minutes ago, summicron said:

At least the buildings look amazing. This should make up for the lacklustre minifigs. But yea, when minifigs are bad, it's just so disappointing.

There are still some fairly major parts of the castle still remaining (at least since the 2018 way moving forward), but they might not work as individual sets.. as mentioned, the boathouse, the bell towers, but also the large covered bridge, the owlry, the forbidden corridor, the chamber of secrets, grand staircases, Gryffindor Common Room and a few others..

That said, Modular buildings to make DA more robust would be awesome and a really neat way to get everything on peoples wishlist. 

I think it would be cool (although not even remotely likely) if the Gringotts set had a series of vaults that ran under the DA set to raise it all up. That way it could connect to the entire DA set but not look weird having the cart/track and vault sections as part of the set. It would also allow for the potential to have Knocturn Alley sets (or MOCs) be ccown the steps/hill that appears in the movie.

Figures in the DA set are not amazing but we get a decent amount of them and the detail in the buildings and the set overall for the price is pretty crazy Also, I didnt see them on the grainy pics, but if QQS has torsos they likely are counted as minifigs... so while we see 14, TLG could be saying 16 or 17 based on that..

The set looks very nice. The buildings are a lot more square than I expected them to be, but I can't blame TLG since they're screen-accurate, after all. I think I like Ollivander's best and QQS worst (that pink is so bright! And the big empty spaces on the façade don't help toning the colour down).

IMO the leaked Harry fig might belong to a polybag or a book.

2 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Can anyone find the wanted stickers on the set? I looked at the pics and still can't find them.

It looks like some of those big panel pieces are used on one of the walls for the Daily Prophet office, they might be on there

Looks nice but there a couple of things I dislike

The Lucius Malfoy cane..... c'mon LEGO. A 3L bar doesnt make the cut anymore

Also the Lockhart hairpiece.... That one doesn't fit at all. 

I think he should had been in the CMF instead so they could make a more detailed version with a new hairpiece and then include a different version here in the D2C using the same hairpiece