Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The absence of that leaked PS Harry really is curious... If there was s second version included, they‘d definitely show it on the box, wouldn‘t they? Has to be a GWP then :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe the absence of the PS Harry does confirm a second set with Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron, as that's the outfit he wore the first time he visited them

i am quite disappointed in this selection to be honest. My favourite figures are Lucius and Lockhart. It’s a shame there is no Rita figure...

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

There must be more to see, the leaked Harry minifig isn’t there

It’s odd because that Harry seems to have the same smudged head print. I just saw someone on Instagram say maybe you can swap out the torso?

Edited by Thieda

@qREX the opposite side, the side that’s on the floor I guess .. on looking at the picture I think it’s been taken by a Lego store employee .. look at the floor .. tiles .. the surroundings .. ladder, a piles of flattened boxes. I think they’re about to start building it for store display.  

1 minute ago, Jarreth2 said:

@qREX the opposite side, the side that’s on the floor I guess .. on looking at the picture I think it’s been taken by a Lego store employee .. look at the floor .. tiles .. the surroundings .. ladder, a piles of flattened boxes. I think they’re about to start building it for store display.  

it's always annoying when they can take the time to photograph the top, but can't get the front, back, and sides. But maybe they will, and we just haven't seen it yet

Does anyone know how much figures from sets like these usually cost to buy individually from eBay / bricklink?

3 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Is it just me or does that box look a bit small for the supposed size of the set?

It looks similar to the Hogwarts castle set.

The figures we're getting are great, really stoked for them! But I gotta be real with you guys here, for $400 the amount of figures is extremely underwhelming. But maybe there's more? The leaked Harry isn't there for some reason, maybe there are more figs on other sides of the box :shrug_oh_well:

Also wondering why this person didn't just take a pic of the front of the box and it's funny to see yet another big reveal blowing up in LEGO's ignorant faces :devil:

The figures actually are perfect IMO, perhaps I'm sad we don't have many randome characters but they should be easy to get! But yeah, those we saw are a must.

Don't know if we could get more though tbh, I'd love that bit at the same time it doesn't seem likely ?

What I'm loving as well are the small bits of the exteriors! Like, I love the curved bits, the small details of the street and the outside of the bookshop with random books laying around ❤ 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also wondering why this person didn't just take a pic of the front of the box and it's funny to see yet another big reveal blowing up in LEGO's ignorant faces :devil:

Yes they really do live in their own bubble in Denmark :laugh:

If that ends up being the whole minifigure roster, it is rather lacklustre. I think that the selection is most of all missing Arthur Weasley (with his delightful hat). Molly is still using that dreaded hairpiece and I really hope that she has a new faceprint this time. A set of this calibre has to have detailed minifigures. Not sure how comparable HP is with Star Wars (budgets etc.) as a theme, but I was hoping for figures as detailed as the ones in Betrayal in Cloud City... 

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Does anyone know whether only having some characters displayed on the top of the box has ever happened before?

Just looked at the Cloud City set and it has two rows of figures on the top of the box so this is probably it 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Just looked at the Cloud City set and it has two rows of figures on the top of the box so this is probably it 

Oh well, at least we are finally getting Lucius, Lockhart, and the long-awaited Daily Prophet photographer!

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

Oh well, at least we are finally getting Lucius, Lockhart, and the long-awaited Daily Prophet photographer!

Agreed, the figures we are getting are fantastic (though I could've done with some more legprints). It's the amount of figures that disappoints many of us 

55 minutes ago, Cmf6169 said:

Omg

Should probably delete this asap, posting leaks isn't allowed here on EB :wink:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Agreed, the figures we are getting are fantastic (though I could've done with some more legprints). It's the amount of figures that disappoints many of us 

I was being quite sarcastic regarding the photographer but Lockhart and Lucius look fantastic! :D Could the twins have striped leg printing, it's quite hard to tell from the picture?

FFS, is that "The boy who lived" Daily Prophet print again? I know that's a minor detail, but it's bugging me to no end that they keep reusing it since 2018. Do my eyes deceive me or does the photographer have short legs? If yes, why? What scene is this Ginny from? With short legs she should have Gryffindor robes as well. Lack of PS Harry is weird, but the theory there's a second row is definitely valid. Although that leaves a question, how many minifigures we're not seeing? Argh, the suspense is unbearable! Why didn't they take more photos?

So, Florean Fortescue was definitely the most surprising character. Everyone else is from Chamber of Secrets, except Ollivander (PS) and the Fred and George (HBP) designs.

Quite surprised this isn't the set with the leaked Harry figure comes in. The one based off PS with the oversized clothes from the Dursleys.

Hold on, Lucius Malfoy's face looks a bit like the generic stern male head that was used for one of the at-at drivers recently. I really hope that he has a new faceprint. 

I honestly am quite content with the minifigures, I only wished they'd have given us some new mould for Lucius' cane, seems like it's just a stick...

For the CoS torso print for Harry, could be they decided to cancel that torso for the more accurate cloak version (he wore a cloak in the scene). Or we're getting a Borgin and Burkes set separately like the Gringotts set and that Harry will be included with that one.

This is about what I was originally expecting from the set, but I was getting hopeful after Florean leaked. A little underwhelmed since it seemed like they were really going at this time with the huge piece count. Oh well, it is what it is.

Really happy we get Lockhart at least.

Now, pretty please, the front & back of the box...