Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Confirmation that people have been finding the Advent Calendar in the wild has shown up on Instagram. Full group shot of all the minifigures and front and back close ups of Parvati, Padma, and Cho. The twin are sharing a double sided head and all the torsos have back prints. Can’t wait to add them to the Yule Ball scene. :classic:

Where are you seeing these pics?

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Confirmation that people have been finding the Advent Calendar in the wild has shown up on Instagram. Full group shot of all the minifigures and front and back close ups of Parvati, Padma, and Cho. The twin are sharing a double sided head and all the torsos have back prints. Can’t wait to add them to the Yule Ball scene. :classic:

They look great. I particularly like Cho's dress and the Yule Ball tile with silhouette of the teeny tiny dancing couple.

So according to @Falconfan1414 the new Ninjago set is around 5,800 pieces. So Diagon Alley is going to be surpassed twice within its first few months of release ?

So when you type Diagon Alley into the search bar at Lego’s website .. as soon as you type Diagon .. the rest auto fills and is clickable .. but it also brings up 953 items .. none of which are the actual set lol .. they’re getting prepared for it though 

8 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Where are you seeing these pics?

#legoleaks on Instagram 

17 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Irrelevant to the current discussion, but the Patil twins reuse the same dual sided head a la Fred & George from 2011. I thought they were going to be different heads with no 2nd printing, so it’s better like this.

think it’s probably at least marginally cheaper to do one double sided head than two single sided heads. I’m just happy they get custom faces instead of recycled ones - the bindi is a great touch. 

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

So Diagon Alley is going to be surpassed twice within its first few months of release ?

Lolllllll (off-topic and a bit of self-promotion here), I wasn’t able to easily find an up-to-date list of sets with the highest piece count so I went and made my own, and if you’re interested in seeing that, just search “highest piece count” into Brickset under BrickLists, and it should be the only option there. So yeah if any of you are curious about just HOW MANY sets have over 1600 pieces, there ya go. Sad to see that Diagon Alley will only briefly be in the top 5 :sad:

2 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

So when you type Diagon Alley into the search bar at Lego’s website .. as soon as you type Diagon .. the rest auto fills and is clickable .. but it also brings up 953 items .. none of which are the actual set lol .. they’re getting prepared for it though  

It could be pulling up the Diagon Alley GWP or the 2011 one...but maybe you're right!

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

#legoleaks on Instagram 

Yep, found it finally, thanks!

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

It could be pulling up the Diagon Alley GWP or the 2011 one...but maybe you're right!

Yep, found it finally, thanks!

Yeah the promo is still on lego shop so it brings that up. I've tried a few times but it always brings that up. You could try the set number

20 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@YetiZombie ahhh yeah I didn’t think of that ??

Same thing happens for Mos Eisley Cantina though - it shows the old one with a thumbnail but it also shows an entry which doesn't have a thumbnail. That makes me think these two sets are already in the system but just aren't fully visible yet.

So I used a browser tool to look at the request that gets made to LEGO's server when you type "Diagon Alley". There's a setting that says "includeRetiredProducts:true". I changed it to false and tried the request again, and it still returned the same result. This pretty much confirms that the result that shows up is the new set.

NVM - after doing some more sniffing, it's not actually referring to a product. It's just a standard autofill helper that doesn't pertain to a product. Similar to when you type in "Harry" and "Harry Potter™" comes up.

Edited by YetiZombie

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

think it’s probably at least marginally cheaper to do one double sided head than two single sided heads. I’m just happy they get custom faces instead of recycled ones - the bindi is a great touch. 

Yes! Those small details make a huge difference. Btw I don’t know why I gave a reference from 9 years ago when they literally did the same thing to the centaurs this year :laugh:

1 hour ago, Modal said:

So according to @Falconfan1414 the new Ninjago set is around 5,800 pieces. So Diagon Alley is going to be surpassed twice within its first few months of release ?

Whats the other set that's larger? I feel less and less excited about this every day! 

6 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Whats the other set that's larger? I feel less and less excited about this every day! 

The rumoured collosseum at 9000+ pieces

Aw the Yule Ball girls look lovely. GoF is my worst movie (but one of my fave books) but the Yule Ball is like one of my favourite scenes ever. I always wanted it in Lego form! Can't wait to make a version of Parvati in her Gryffindor uniform to be Lavender's BFF (I'll just pretend she always wears a bindi).

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Lolllllll (off-topic and a bit of self-promotion here), I wasn’t able to easily find an up-to-date list of sets with the highest piece count so I went and made my own, and if you’re interested in seeing that, just search “highest piece count” into Brickset under BrickLists, and it should be the only option there. So yeah if any of you are curious about just HOW MANY sets have over 1600 pieces, there ya go. Sad to see that Diagon Alley will only briefly be in the top 5 :sad:

I did the same thing on my brickipedia userpage with some wiki magic to dynamically construct a list of sets with more than 3000 pieces, which currently is 42.

I just woke up from dreaming that Diagon Alley was revealled. As usual woke up to an underwhelming real world! :-/

You know, if we got a reveal/teaser/leak tomorrow, the guy who predicted 563 pages will be totallt wight

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Happy Birthday @Lego-Freak

Happy birthday, fella!

Edited by PGBQW

16 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

Are the advent calendar and brickheadz also meant to be Sept. 1st releases does anyone know? 

For some reason the Harry Potter, Friends, and City advent calendars aren’t on the website yet, but the Star Wars one is and it has a September 1st release date listed, so I can’t imagine why the others wouldn’t as well. This seems to be supported by a couple people finding them in stores already. 

Not sure about the brickheadz though. 

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Today (by which I mean Wednesday) is my birthday, so how about a present, TLG? Pretty please? :laugh:

Happy birthday! May your dreams be realized for the benefit of us all! But seriously, have an awesome day :D

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Today (by which I mean Wednesday) is my birthday, so how about a present, TLG? Pretty please? :laugh:

Happy Birthday! I hope (for all of our sakes) you get your birthday wish!

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Happy Birthday!  Hopefully TLG makes your wish come true.