Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Is today the day Diagon Alley finally leaks or gets revealed... 

Merry Tuesday! I really hope so. Fingers crossed. 

34 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Is today the day Diagon Alley finally leaks or gets revealed... 

I definitely hope so.  The suspense is killing me!

9 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe the reason they’re not giving us any info is because they made some last minute changes of Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Guns:laugh_hard:

Thanks mate, haven‘t had that good of a laugh in quite a while :head_back: The scene with Neville has me in stitches :roflmao:

Btw, why are we still setting ourselves up for disappointment every single day? :tongue: Just relax and let them surprise us... whenever they feel like it

I don't want to sound negative but there is no guarantee that Lego will actually reveal this set this week as it does not come out for another 2 weeks. They could wait till a week before on next Tuesday to reveal it to really build the hype!

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, why are we still setting ourselves up for disappointment every single day?

Because at this point we'll be right eventually

Edited by PGBQW

57 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I don't want to sound negative but there is no guarantee that Lego will actually reveal this set this week as it does not come out for another 2 weeks. They could wait till a week before on next Tuesday to reveal it to really build the hype!

They can't build any more hype without posting a teaser or something, as you see this forum is literally exploding with all the hype.

I might be wrong but weren't there articles from Time and similar about the Hogwarts set? I kinda vividly remember discovering about it on a twitter link to those articles.

Perhaps we'll get an official, big style announcement like that as well?

Do we think it will live for preorder on lego shop when it is revealed? This wait is torture.

I've mocked the old Gringotts already to go with the new set and will probably add some of the missing shop. Can't find purple windows for Madam Malkins shop which is annoying, I can get lavender doors though so that's a start.

9 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Do we think it will live for preorder on lego shop when it is revealed? This wait is torture.

I've mocked the old Gringotts already to go with the new set and will probably add some of the missing shop. Can't find purple windows for Madam Malkins shop which is annoying, I can get lavender doors though so that's a start.

You can get the knight bus, it's not that expensive and it has lots of windows!

The window is curved so its like Olivanders shop window. The bus window is too big.

Just now, Micmac said:

The window is curved so its like Olivanders shop window. The bus window is too big.

8 minutes ago, qREX said:

You can get the knight bus, it's not that expensive and it has lots of windows!

16 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I am quite good friends with him and he seems to get his stuff from legit sources but with anyone not everything turns out to be true

Sounds like you both should take a beginners course in source criticism to me :tongue:

17 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Florean is quite obscure, but if we are getting figures of people such as Barnabus Cuffe or the photographer then I hope it's a sign that the minifigure count might exceed our expectations. :excited:

15 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I hope 18 minimum. The inclusion of these obscure characters is worrying me (they might only be like 3 I know) accurate and all but I don’t care much for them.

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

My money’s on Ginny being in there too, potentially the Weasley patents as well. 

Personally, I’m a bit so-so on the theory of getting Rita Skeeter in Diagon Alley. On one hand, she never appeared there in the books or movies, the only reason people are putting her out there as a possibility is to have someone linked with the Daily Prophet offices in the set (which the photographer from the F&B book signing would count as). On the other hand, Rita has a very fun and colorful character design and doesn’t need any new molds, plus her quick quotes quill would be the perfect excuse to do that mold in new colors for Scribbulus. 

Not sure if we’ll get any ‘generic’ wizards either. They’re giving us Fortescue after all, who’s super obscure but still a specific character who’s important to one of the included shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got other characters like that, who could be called background characters but actually have specific identities that make them significant to the setting. 

I think the set will include all the normal known figs that are necessary to recreate the scenes from the movies (like Lockhart, Hagrid etc), then the rest of the spots will be used on obscure characters with a connection to DA (like Fortescue and other people seen 2 sec in the movies etc). Rita on the other hand they will save for later. Just look at the CMF there are maybe 5 figs there that we do not have and that we MIGHT not get in future sets. Why should they give us a lot of exclusive characters in the DA that Lego could have saved for later? My guess is that most of the exclusive figs will be from characters we never would get in another set :wink:

I bet that the reveal most likely is today, if not then another day this week. If that is not the case I think I give up trying to predict it, at least the chance increase a lot every day now :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

You can’t build hype if no one knows the thing exists in the first place

we are an extremely small subset of fans that pay attention to leaks and future Lego sets

Edited by Modal

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Especially when it's such an expensive set, I would argue that they'd want to unveil the set 1-2 weeks at latest prior to release so that people can set aside funds for the set. 

Just now, Bainter-ban said:

Especially when it's such an expensive set, I would argue that they'd want to unveil the set 1-2 weeks at latest prior to release so that people can set aside funds for the set. 

yeah you make a good point. I am putting my bets on tomorrow if the reveal is to be this week

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

yeah you make a good point. I am putting my bets on tomorrow if the reveal is to be this week

Thanks! :) I agree, or at least a teaser (if it is not teased today). Hopefully anytime now! 

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

Lego just posted something about duplo on there social media so lower the chances but there is still a chance of a teaser

I guess the reveal is coming next week? Or maybe they won't put out a teaser at all? I don't know I'm turning crazy at this point.

The twist is that there was never a Diagon Alley set, all the leaks were fake

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

The twist is that there was never a Diagon Alley set, all the leaks were fake

No joke, even with everything we've seen I keep feeling paranoid it isn't even real. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

No joke, even with everything we've seen I keep feeling paranoid it isn't even real. Lol. 

Yeah Lego are deffo keeping a tight seal on it. They might mess up and when the add the new CMFS to shop@home as coming soon they might put Diagon Alley on there as a mistake

I honestly don't think Rita skeeter will be included in DA. The advent calendar teases at the durmstramg ship and as others have mentioned here, they might make a durmstrang/second task set within the next two years. She and Karkaroff would probably belong there instead of places they don't appear in. I think the torso is the photographer and that most minifigures in this set will be based on the DA visit in CoS with nods to the other movies like hbp Fred and George and Olivander and Harry in their PS outfits.

I think 15-20 minifigures would be a good guess for this set. And I think its a good thing that gringotts is separate because that means that set at €100 will also have an additional 8-10 minifigures when it does come out. It means goblins or an older trio won't be taking up the minifig count

Some of my guesses for DA are

Harry PS (possibly a cloak for CoS)

Ron COS

Hermione COS

Draco COS

Lucius COS

Gilderoy Lockhart

Daily prophet photographer

Ginny CoS

Hagrid

Florean Fortescue

Ollivander

Fred Hbp

George Hbp

Arthur

Molly (maybe)

Perry (maybe)

Some quidditch player (maybe Katie Bell because she has an active role in Hbp or cormac mcClaggin)

Another random student or another character like mundungus fletcher