Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

33 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

So, so far we have: Harry, Florean Fortesque and the photographer.

I'm guessing we'll have these characters: [...]

Add Ginny, Arthur, and Molly to that list and we‘re good to go :laugh:

34 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

[...] personal hope instead of a generic Daily Profit Wizard

I see what you did there :grin: I‘ll do you one better: the Faily Profit!

Btw, has the possibility of multiple versions of some characters being included been debunked by someone reliable? I know someone said so, but I can‘t remember who it was. Having PS Harry in the same set as WWW is going to be a weird sight if so :tongue:

With what is currently known, my assumptions for the minifigure lineup is now:

Harry Potter (PS) (confirmed)

Florean Fortescue (COS) (confirmed)

Daily Prophet Photographer/Bozo (COS) (essentially confirmed)

Garrick Ollivander (PS) can just be a repeat

Rubeus Hagrid (PS) can just be a repeat

Ron Weasley (COS)

Hermione Granger (COS)

Ginny Weasley (COS)

Arthur Weasley (COS)

Molly Weasley (COS)

Percy Weasley (COS)

Fred Weasley (HBP)

George Weasley (HBP)

Lucius Malfoy (COS)

Draco Malfoy (COS)

Gilderoy Lockhart (COS)

Rita Skeeter (GOF)

I don't think Tom or any goblins will be included, as they seem too specifically tied to locations that are not included in the set.  Dedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford seem like plausible characters to include as additional shoppers though.  A Quidditch mannequin or two could be included in Quality Quidditch Supplies.

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Well, turns out I got the page wrong.

I'm counting on you now, boy.

i hope my prediction is right now?

4 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

Chances LEGO releases a set of random wizards to populate the set? ?

Like an accessory pack? Hard to say. I don’t think it would have quite the popularity of the student pack, but it might pull in some generic fantasy fans. They didn’t even have the guts to give us someone other than Harry and Draco for the Gryffindor and Slytherin in the student pack though, so I’m not optimistic about ever getting a pack with no named characters. 

14 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

Chances LEGO releases a set of random wizards to populate the set? ?

Pretty much zero, They are already including ones that to most people are random in the set itself.

A perfect accessory for a CMF would be Hagrid's "Happee Birthdae Harry" cake. It's a shame no appropriate characters would fit in a CMF (except PJ, pig-tails Dudley, which would be a waste IMO). Maybe we could get it in an advent calendar. 

Speaking of Dudders, I'd love an older Dudley figure at some point. Vernon and Petunia stay the same, but OOtP/DH Dudley is completely different to PS/CoS Dudley in terms of minifigure designs. It's a shame they cut out Dudley's transformation into a bodybuilder in the films, but I guess that was because of the actor. 

Edited by LetaLestrange

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Just wanted to put it out there that I predicted August 18th reveal a couple months ago, so tomorrow’s the big day :laugh:

I'm still putting my money on friday the 21st. I think we would've gotten some announcement if it were today/tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe the reason they’re not giving us any info is because they made some last minute changes of Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Guns:laugh_hard:

Saw this last week, I was literally crying of laughter. I can't believe they did the entire movie, not just the trailer

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm still putting my money on friday the 21st. I think we would've gotten some announcement if it were today/tomorrow.

Oh for the full reveal yea. I include an event announcement or teaser as well - anything that gives us proof this thing exists.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

My money’s on Ginny being in there too, potentially the Weasley patents as well. 

Personally, I’m a bit so-so on the theory of getting Rita Skeeter in Diagon Alley. On one hand, she never appeared there in the books or movies, the only reason people are putting her out there as a possibility is to have someone linked with the Daily Prophet offices in the set (which the photographer from the F&B book signing would count as). On the other hand, Rita has a very fun and colorful character design and doesn’t need any new molds, plus her quick quotes quill would be the perfect excuse to do that mold in new colors for Scribbulus. 

Not sure if we’ll get any ‘generic’ wizards either. They’re giving us Fortescue after all, who’s super obscure but still a specific character who’s important to one of the included shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got other characters like that, who could be called background characters but actually have specific identities that make them significant to the setting. 

Ginny would be good too (as she is given Tom Riddle's diary in Flourish and Blotts.

I think Rita Skeeter should be in it, as I honestly can't remember if the DP offices are in the books or films. Scribbulus is another place I don't recall being originally in the books/films.

I think that's my pet peeve about the set is how it's basing it more off of the Orlando studios rather than solely film/book details. Florean Fortescue's okay but his inclusion in the film is basically non existant.

I think it'd prefer a shop like Eyelop's owl emporium (we do see it in PS), Madam Malkin's (as it does feature in the books quite a bit), the Magical Menagerie or even the Apothecary.

Idk, maybe I'm just too book focused. Well, I'm just glad we're getting Flourish and Blotts as I think it's a great location and it means we get Lockhart.

The books from CMF series 2 (Riddle's Diary and HBP's Potion Book) are some of the nicest I've seen from Lego in any theme. I love the different handwriting in the diary and the "sectumsempra" scrawled in the potion book. 

In the future I would like Dumbledore's Beedle the Bard, and a signed copy of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart (I think there is a very strong possibility this will show up in DA). 

Edited by gza

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Dumbledore hair in the same color as Draco would be nice ;)

I hope they will include at least 15 figures.

2 minutes ago, gza said:

The books from CMF series 2 (Riddle's Diary and HBP's Potion Book) are some of the nicest I've seen from Lego in any theme. I love the different handwriting in the diary and the "sectumsempra" scrawled in the potion book. 

In the future I would like Dumbledore's Beedle the Bard, and a signed copy of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart (I think there is a very strong possibility this will show up in DA). 

Yeah, I already love the diary that came with Dobby in series 1, and I'm glad we're now getting the in tact version with writing on the page.

The advanced potions book is great too. But odd how there's a brown version in the Astronomy Tower set though. Love the attention to detail with the Sectumsempra too.

Oh yes. Great suggestion. It should definitely have a 1x2 tile with a bit of three brothers story on it/illustration of it.

17 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe the reason they’re not giving us any info is because they made some last minute changes of Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Guns:laugh_hard:

That's bloody brilliant! Can't decide if the best part is Quirrell being a drama queen (resolving the plot himself BTW) or Hermione casually murdering Neville and oh-so nonchalantly spinning her gun :roflmao:

37 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think Rita Skeeter should be in it, as I honestly can't remember if the DP offices are in the books or films. Scribbulus is another place I don't recall being originally in the books/films.

The very first second in this clip, there's a DP sign. As for Scribbulus, maybe it's not onscreen in the final edit, but I'm sure it's been built as part of the movie set. Its existence in WB studio tour and Universl Orlando didn't come from nowhere

7 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

The very first second in this clip, there's a DP sign. As for Scribbulus, maybe it's not onscreen in the final edit, but I'm sure it's been built as part of the movie set. Its existence in WB studio tour and Universl Orlando didn't come from nowhere

Adding to this, Scribulus is mentioned in the first two books. As for Florean, I think it's a great choice. Not a huge role but mentioned in a bunch of the books still.

41 minutes ago, gza said:

Hard to say if it will be signed but it looks like there are two Magical Me stickers the right size to be book covers in the leaked C sheet. 

And it would be so cool to get a copy of Beedle the Bard, as either a future CMF accessory or next year if they do a set based off the tent. MinaLima actually did illustrations for the stories that never made it into the movies, so there’d even be something cool to put inside. 

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I saw it the other day. This is the best thing ever uploaded to the internet

Quirrell killing himself and Hermione's "Neville I'm really really sorry about this" are pure gold

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Neither. The only image we have of Barnabas Cuffe comes from the scene where Slughorn meets Harry in HBP and he’s showing Harry all his framed photos of famous former Slug Club Members. Cuffe, Slughorn says, “always takes my owl, should I wish to register an opinion on the news of the day.” Slughorn also spends quite a bit of time talking about Gwenog Jones, Captain of the Holyhead Harpies. She would be a great minifig to get with QQS and, as a Black woman, she’d bring some diversity to the minifig lineup. We already got some Holyhead Harpies gear in Ginny’s Burrow Bedroom - it would be cool to get a jersey or some robes.

Ahh I see I see, thanks for the clarification. I thought Barnabas was actually seen in diagon alley (be it DP or whatever) so honestly, I see no reason why Aunt Rita shouldn’t be there! 

Amazing news about the calendar being spotted already!

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Which buildings (besides WWW) do you all think will have more than one floor?

Technically I think all the shops will have multiple stories, as in multiple rows of windows. Whether any of them (including WWW) have multiple floors that minifigures can stand on is another matter entirely. I honestly don’t think any store but WWW was shown to actually have a staircase the customers could access then second story with - and even that Lego might decide to skip over to save pieces. 

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Which buildings (besides WWW) do you all think will have more than one floor?

They’ll all have multiple floors to be consistent but not all will have content on the second floor.

Man so much has happened this week I don’t even know if I’m going to be able to fully enjoy DA this week :( I really wish we weren’t in the world state we are in currently

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Technically I think all the shops will have multiple stories, as in multiple rows of windows. Whether any of them (including WWW) have multiple floors that minifigures can stand on is another matter entirely. I honestly don’t think any store but WWW was shown to actually have a staircase the customers could access then second story with - and even that Lego might decide to skip over to save pieces. 

Ollivander’s and Flourish & Blott’s both have second floors that are featured in the movies. No clue about QQS or Scribbulus... These puzzle builds could give us a clue though:

71nFG3SYbRL._AC_SL1247_.jpg

71Kz8ECdW9L._AC_SY550_.jpg

I received my Zavvi order for the Astronomy Tower and the Hedwig set two days earlier than expected, so I just finished building both sets.  I do like the detail on the Hedwig model, and the wing flapping feature works great!  It looks a little out of place next to the rest of my Harry Potter sets, but I still enjoy it.  The Astronomy Tower is an amazing set, with the tower being a great centerpiece, the Viaduct Entrance being a solid addition, and the Greenhouse being a neat bonus.  I continue to appreciate each expansion having it's own 'theme' to it, with this one having the Slug Club Party as a backdrop.  It is overall a very nice expansion to the expanding Hogwarts sets that have been made since 2018.  It makes me hopeful for a Battle of Hogwarts-themed expansion set next year.   I am expecting to receive my Target order for the Room of Requirement and the Forbidden Forest on Wednesday, so I'll be looking forwards to that.