Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Did anyone see FalconFan's "WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU  8/18" Instagram story? Hmmm...maybe tomorrow IS the day? 

Just now, BigHobbit said:

Did anyone see FalconFan's "WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU  8/18" Instagram story? Hmmm...maybe tomorrow IS the day? 

That’s for the Batman video game not LEGO related 

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s for the Batman video game not LEGO related 

WB need to hurry up and announce another game that's being worked on...

Edited by LetaLestrange

7 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

WB need to hurry up and announce another game that's being worked on...

Seriously, I’ve been dying to hear more about the Harry Potter game, which was supposed to be revealed during E3. I’m afraid that they’re scared to announce it given how woke the game industry is and how we’re not allowed to support such a transphobic franchise anymore lmao

Anyways, we don’t need to go through that rabbit hole again.

Just now, Bowtruckle44 said:

The new Advent Calendar has been showing up at Kohls stores. Just a heads up for people looking out for it.

At this rate someone is going to find Diagon Alley at a Home Depot 

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Seriously, I’ve been dying to hear more about the Harry Potter game, which was supposed to be revealed during E3. I’m afraid that they’re scared to announce it given how woke the game industry is and how we’re not allowed to support such a transphobic franchise anymore lmao

Anyways, we don’t need to go through that rabbit hole again.

That could be true, I also wondered if that was why Lego put off announcing the CMFs. 

I'm also dying to see more of this game and get my hands on it - I just hope I don't have to buy a PS5 to play it, even though I likely will. :pir-bawling: I would also love a new Lego game, the way Star Wars has gotten remakes, so we could see all the new characters and builds and improved TT gameplay. I actually replayed the old ones recently and while the first game took some time to get back into, I really enjoyed the second one. 

1 minute ago, Modal said:

At this rate someone is going to find Diagon Alley at a Home Depot 

I'm just imagining that now, you go in looking for plywood and come out with LEGO :grin:

Hi, haven’t read here in a while! :pir-bawling: I’m wondering if anyone knows anything about what states/ stores the CMF 2 has been showing up at in the US and also if anyone has the DPCI number for it?

Not sure if this info has already been stated but I called Barnes & Noble today, they’re expecting Sept 1 launch for CMF2 (and they confirmed to me it was originally supposed to come August 1 but was pushed back, I’m assuming due to distribution problems). Also (not that it matters at all anymore lol) but LEGO store confirmed to me today they’re finally getting the new HP sets a week from today, August 24th!

5 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Not sure if this info has already been stated but I called Barnes & Noble today, they’re expecting Sept 1 launch for CMF2 (and they confirmed to me it was originally supposed to come August 1 but was pushed back, I’m assuming due to distribution problems). Also (not that it matters at all anymore lol) but LEGO store confirmed to me today they’re finally getting the new HP sets a week from today, August 24th!

We've known that for quite a while because of Brickshops dates :wink:

That leak is quite a pleasant surprise! Looks like the photographer to me, which would make a lot of sense considering the signing event mentioned in the set description :thumbup: I hope mini_legogo has more surprises for us in store to bridge the gap until the eventual reveal :drool:

They should have made a sticker (or print) of daily prophet front page with Lockhart and Harry at the book signing.

My (metaphorical) money's on the new torso being the photographer from Flourish and Blotts, he was a fairly memorable part of Lockhart's first scene. Plus the stripes and tie match.

So, so far we have: Harry, Florean Fortesque and the photographer.

I'm guessing we'll have these characters:

- Hagrid (to go with Harry)

- Olivander (basically necessary)

- Gilderoy Lockhart (essential)

- Hermione and Ron (obviously)

- Fred and George (as we're getting Weasley Wizard Wheezes)

- Rita Skeeter (personal hope instead of a generic Daily Profit Wizard)

- Tom the innkeeper (hunchback version from PoA probably low likely than PS)

- Lucius and/or Draco (would be a nice inclusion)

- And probably one or two more generic wizards (for Scribbulus Writing Supplies)

2 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Dumbledore hair in the same color as Draco would be nice ;)

17 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

My (metaphorical) money's on the new torso being the photographer from Flourish and Blotts, he was a fairly memorable part of Lockhart's first scene. Plus the stripes and tie match.

So, so far we have: Harry, Florean Fortesque and the photographer.

I'm guessing we'll have these characters:

- Hagrid (to go with Harry)

- Olivander (basically necessary)

- Gilderoy Lockhart (essential)

- Hermione and Ron (obviously)

- Fred and George (as we're getting Weasley Wizard Wheezes)

- Rita Skeeter (personal hope instead of a generic Daily Profit Wizard)

- Tom the innkeeper (hunchback version from PoA probably low likely than PS)

- And probably one or two more generic wizards (for Scribbulus Writing Supplies)

My money’s on Ginny being in there too, potentially the Weasley patents as well. 

Personally, I’m a bit so-so on the theory of getting Rita Skeeter in Diagon Alley. On one hand, she never appeared there in the books or movies, the only reason people are putting her out there as a possibility is to have someone linked with the Daily Prophet offices in the set (which the photographer from the F&B book signing would count as). On the other hand, Rita has a very fun and colorful character design and doesn’t need any new molds, plus her quick quotes quill would be the perfect excuse to do that mold in new colors for Scribbulus. 

Not sure if we’ll get any ‘generic’ wizards either. They’re giving us Fortescue after all, who’s super obscure but still a specific character who’s important to one of the included shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got other characters like that, who could be called background characters but actually have specific identities that make them significant to the setting. 

Well, turns out I got the page wrong.

7 hours ago, josh_a_123 said:

i’m gonna say we get DA pictures at page 567

I'm counting on you now, boy.

Just wanted to put it out there that I predicted August 18th reveal a couple months ago, so tomorrow’s the big day :laugh:

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Sweet

Upon second thought I think the torso has got to be from the photographer. It's not completely accurate but he wears the closest thing to the torso. I assume mini legogo just didn't had the other parts as he posted the other characters fully.

4 hours ago, LetaLestrange said:

P.S. I watched Crimes of Grindelwald yesterday, after avoiding it because of the negative reviews. And oh my God I simply adored it! I love this franchise, and I really hope there will be no problems making the remaining films (because of the virus and the backlash against JK, and some of the actors' bad behaviour). I loved how the cast was very diverse racially, and how they didn't shy away from Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship (even if it was done in an understated way) - even though I want to see more of it! Leta is up there with Hermione in my favourite characters list, now. I would loooove new sets and minifgures based on this series. And some baby nifflers! :innocent2:

I agree, the movie was pretty fun to watch. Although I prefer the first one. We definitely need more sets. Preferably the circus and French graveyard.